Announcements
** July Nap's Competition Result : 1st Rainbow, 2nd Trainmad091, 3rd Zidane123, KO Cup Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners Alastair, Goodwood Comp: Glavintoby**
**July Poker League Result : 1st Craggwood £75, 2nd Like2Fish £45, 3rd Rivrd £30**
CzechPunter

September 26 - October 2

Recommended Posts

Back Carla Suarez-Navarro to beat Yanina Wickmayer at 1.36 with Skybet

A lot of WTA matches on Monday, but I can't see anything interesting in the vast majority of them, so I'll go with one of the short-priced favourites in CSN. She did lose against Wozniacki last week, but it wasn't without a fight and it was actually a bigger fight than I expected, so I think that she'll get back to winning ways immediately. The most likely scenario is that Wickmayer will self-destruct as soon as CSN finds her defensive rhythm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back Francesca Schiavone to beat Sorana Cirstea at 2.50 with Bet365

A big price for Schiavone, too big in my opinion really. Cirstea might've already overtaken the Italian in the rankings, but Schiavone is still a bad match-up for her due to tenacity and mental endurance. The Romanian is on the verge of self-destructing pretty much all the time, so I'm not sure what makes her a 1.50 favourite here. Their last match (in Miami in March) finished 6-4 6-2 in Schiavone's favour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back Francesca Schiavone to beat Stefanie Voegele at 1.73 with Ladbrokes

Schiavone for me once again, as there was nothing wrong with how she defeated Cirstea in the previous round. Voegele is a bit more consistent than the Romanian, but she doesn't have as much quality right now and that's what should decide. While Schiavone isn't having a great season, Voegele is having a dreadful one, so to have the Italian above 1.53 here looks off to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yoshihito Nishioka to beat Sacha Zverev at 3.00 with Paddypower

Going against the favourite in this one as Sacha has had a lot of tennis played lately and coming from a different surface indoors and to change to outdoors can be a bit tricky as well as adapting to the timezone. Formwise this is all about Sacha, can he deliver? Will Yoshihito bend down like a chicken picking after the corn on the ground? I don't think so. He might have lost to Jason Jung last week in Kaohsiung challenger in straight sets but that was only a low profile tournament he probably did not care to mutch about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back Petra Kvitova to beat Johanna Konta at 1.83 with BetVictor

I'm always fine with going against Kvitova when the price is right, but this is a case in which I'd actually want to back her, as she looked very good against Kerber in the previous round. She's streaky, but she's got the momentum now and that's why I think that she deserves to be seen as a fairly big favourite here. Konta's steady enough, but, if Kvitova finds her rhythm, she shouldn't have the weapons to fight back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Back Petra Kvitova to beat Johanna Konta at 1.83 with BetVictor

I'm always fine with going against Kvitova when the price is right, but this is a case in which I'd actually want to back her, as she looked very good against Kerber in the previous round. She's streaky, but she's got the momentum now and that's why I think that she deserves to be seen as a fairly big favourite here. Konta's steady enough, but, if Kvitova finds her rhythm, she shouldn't have the weapons to fight back.

I've actually got kvitova backed at 25-1 outright and considering her form at the moment, I'm quite surprised she is 5-6 versus konta . I'm just curious...she played a really gruelling 3 hour twenty minute match against the last player you want to play that length a match with and I wonder if the bookies are factoring in fatigue in a big way or do they actually believe this is a 50-50 match up at face value. If kvitova is not too fatigued I think she is the value, but I'm a little worried about her comments after the match( I will definitely feel the effects tomorrow). Hopefully she can recover in time!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, smegmaniac said:

I've actually got kvitova backed at 25-1 outright and considering her form at the moment, I'm quite surprised she is 5-6 versus konta . I'm just curious...she played a really gruelling 3 hour twenty minute match against the last player you want to play that length a match with and I wonder if the bookies are factoring in fatigue in a big way or do they actually believe this is a 50-50 match up at face value. If kvitova is not too fatigued I think she is the value, but I'm a little worried about her comments after the match( I will definitely feel the effects tomorrow). Hopefully she can recover in time!!

A fair comment, it's probably factored in a bit, can't be a 50/50 match at face value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

A fair comment, it's probably factored in a bit, can't be a 50/50 match at face value.

Thankfully, you were right!! And I am also happy she got the job done in two. Jeez, is Wuhan the only tournament that players are expected to play 6 matches in one week??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back Kevin Anderson to beat Viktor Troicki at 1.57 with Skybet

A good price for Anderson imo, he's played himself into a good form and he is the better player of the two in virtually every single department. Motivation should also be high after such a disappointing season and the comeback against Kyrgios must've done wonders for his confidence, so I do like his chances against Troicki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back Petra Kvitova to beat Dominika Cibulkova at 1.44 with Skybet

Not a great price, but I'm willing to go for it nonetheless, 1.33 would probably be more fair I guess given the roll Kvitova is on at the moment. She'll come back to the ground at some point and she'll get some poor losses in the rest of the season, but this is her tournament and she's playing her best (6-1 6-2 against Halep on Friday, for example), while Cibulkova has been only slightly above her better average so far imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back Albert Ramos to beat Karen Khachanov at 2.10 with Bet365

Both have been mightily impressive so far in this tournament and I suppose that it's the surface that makes Khachanov the favourite, but I'd nonetheless have the odds the other way around due to the mental factor that always comes into play when the finals roll around. Ramos is by far the more experienced of the two, so I'm more than happy to take him at 2.10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.