** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Help....need Some guidance.

Shel146

I have been having a flutter for a good few months now and strive to know a way in which you can make a profit no matter what the outcome is. I find it very hard to understand which calculators are best to use and which method is best to guarantee a profit, I do win a lot, but also lose a lot which is the same for everyone else, but there seems to be so many ways eg Draw no bet, me and my boy friend have seen sat for an hour trying to give out and find a simple calculator that works it out for you but when we put the figures in, he's convinced we would be at a loss............any tips and calculator and best bet help would be very much appreciated Thanks

4 hours ago, Shel146 said:

I have been having a flutter for a good few months now and strive to know a way in which you can make a profit no matter what the outcome is. I find it very hard to understand which calculators are best to use and which method is best to guarantee a profit, I do win a lot, but also lose a lot which is the same for everyone else, but there seems to be so many ways eg Draw no bet, me and my boy friend have seen sat for an hour trying to give out and find a simple calculator that works it out for you but when we put the figures in, he's convinced we would be at a loss............any tips and calculator and best bet help would be very much appreciated Thanks

So.......you want a method/system that guarantees a profit?  No disrespect my friend, but if you find it please let me know.  Forty odd years of gambling experience suggests such a system doesn't actually exist.   Unless, of course, you are considering 'arbing'.....which isn't gambling at all.  Arbing is basically looking for variable odds in your favour and is nigh on impossible to make a living from these days.

I wish you luck.  Take it from me though, if I could turn back the clock 40 years and offer my teenage self some advice, it would be to treat gambling as a bit of fun.....keep the stakes really small and don't expect to win more than you lose.....you won't.  If you can't do that...then quit gambling totally.  

Edited by NornIron

You can back something to win and then lay it to lose at a lower price or vise versa and locking in a profit that way but obviously the market can go against you and you can lose. You could also try and find arbing opportunities but you will quickly get shut down by your bookies doing that and the margin in very small. Don't listen to bitter people who say you can't make money betting. It's certainly not easy but it can be done. 

Take Burnley tonight for example they were 3.2 on Betfair earlier so you could bet them to win for £100 to win £220. They just scored and you can now lay them to lose at 1.6 so you could lay  £200 to lose 120 if Burnley do win. 

Now you have £220 if Burnley win - the lay of £120 = £100 profit 

Or Burnley lose so you get the lay win of £120 - the £100 win bet that lost = £20 profit