Jump to content
Attention, PL Members! To reinforce security on the forum, we have updated our login process. Please note that you will now need to use your email address to sign in, rather than your forum username. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Premier league September 16 > 18


andrewcalo

Recommended Posts

Chelsea FC v Liverpool FC

Chelsea FC: John Terry (4/0 d, captain), Kurt Zouma (0/0 d), Marco van Ginkel (0/0 m)

Liverpool FC: Emre Can (1/0 m, doubtful), Mamadou Sakho (0/0 d), Joe Gomez (0/0 d), Oluwaseyi Ojo (0/0 m)

 

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 teams have not won a 1st half of any of the 4 games played this season.

Stoke, Swansea, Sunderland, Southampton, West Brom, West Ham, Crystal Palace.

Stoke have just 1 1st half point, Swansea, Sunderland and Southampton just 2 points. In addition, neither Stoke, Swansea or Sunderland have scored a 1st half goal. These slow starts are actually quite predictable. These teams are battling. Out of form, losing players, poor transfer windows,  lacking in confidence.  My feeling is that for Stoke, West Ham, Southampton and Crystal Palace, this is just a slow start. They have the players to win games. They will climb the table and be safe.

The other 3 (Swansea, Sunderland, WBA) have got real problems.  Their managers understand one thing. You have to keep it tight for 45 minutes and if possible, don't concede the 1st goal. Then build on this and try and win it in the second half. If these teams have to play catch-up, they are in big trouble. They don't have the players to do it !!! All three of these teams had poor transfer windows, but realistically Sunderland are in the worst spot because they lost Allerdyce.

I have excluded Hull from this group of teams because they are showing unity and a more than decent team spirit. They are also winning games !

This weekend I see more pain for Sunderland in a tough away game to Spurs.

ANything could happen with WBA and West Ham, but West Ham have so much more potential than WBA at this moment. Just have to rectify their showboating trainsmash from last week.

Southampton and Swansea are struggling, and I can't see Swansea getting more than a point away.

So the bottom dwellers struggles will continue for another week.

This season looks to be one where the relegation battle will be some way off 40 points. Having watched plenty of games, I just can't see where some of these teams are going to get 35 points.

Edited by neilovan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

premierleague1.jpg.f8b91106654c73dea1dff

Odds courtesy of bet365.

The big game is obviously Chelsea versus Liverpool and I can see Chelsea earning a narrow win here. Mind you, the return of David Luiz who they will apparently be playing at centre back could throw a spanner in the works!

I think Hull will get a dose of reality against Arsenal. Leicester versus Burnley could be an interesting one. West Ham really need a win against West Brom as well. I think if the Baggies lose then Pulis will be gone due to the alleged broken relationship between him and the board. Not sure who they would get in to replace him though. Steve Bruce maybe?

Everton versus Middlesbrough will also be a fascinating one. Could cancel each other out. Sunday's games don't really excite me. I can see standard wins for Manchester United, Crystal Palace, Southampton, and Tottenham.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

premierleague1.jpg.f8b91106654c73dea1dff

Odds courtesy of bet365.

The big game is obviously Chelsea versus Liverpool and I can see Chelsea earning a narrow win here. Mind you, the return of David Luiz who they will apparently be playing at centre back could throw a spanner in the works!

I think Hull will get a dose of reality against Arsenal. Leicester versus Burnley could be an interesting one. West Ham really need a win against West Brom as well. I think if the Baggies lose then Pulis will be gone due to the alleged broken relationship between him and the board. Not sure who they would get in to replace him though. Steve Bruce maybe?

Everton versus Middlesbrough will also be a fascinating one. Could cancel each other out. Sunday's games don't really excite me. I can see standard wins for Manchester United, Crystal Palace, Southampton, and Tottenham.

I think Liverpool will beat Chelsea. My feeling is that Luis is a liability, and missing John Terry is huge.

I just don't think Chelsea have the legs to deal with Liverpool's movement, and will lose in an open game shoot out !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, neilovan said:

I think Liverpool will beat Chelsea. My feeling is that Luis is a liability, and missing John Terry is huge.

I just don't think Chelsea have the legs to deal with Liverpool's movement, and will lose in an open game shoot out !

As a Liverpool fan, I am hoping this is true. 

I am not going to place any bet on this game prior kick off. Might place one during the game. If Liverpool get their groove, then I can see easy over 2.5 goals. 

 

Update: Firmino not part of the squad. Minor injury.

Edited by winnerwinner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, neilovan said:

I think Liverpool will beat Chelsea. My feeling is that Luis is a liability, and missing John Terry is huge.

I just don't think Chelsea have the legs to deal with Liverpool's movement, and will lose in an open game shoot out !

Good call, @neilovan. I thought Chelsea were going to pull it back when they got the goal but alas it never came. Great win for Liverpool there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think Southampton will beat a very ordinary Swansea side today.  Saints have had a slow start to the season but signs on Thurs night (3-0 win v S. Prague) that they are on the up. Despite losing Mane, Pelle and Wanyama, they have a very strong squad and I expect them to get a comfortable win today.  Swansea got a creditable 2-2 draw v Chelsea last weekend but most observers saw that as a very lucky point for the Swans.  They are a dull team and will battle relegation this season in my opinion. 

Southampton 3-0 (13/1 - Bet Victor) or 4-0 (28/1 - Bet Victor) is the bet. 

Edited by NornIron
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, NornIron said:

Think Southampton will beat a very ordinary Swansea side today.  Saints have had a slow start to the season but signs on Thurs night (3-0 win v S. Prague) that they are on the up. Despite losing Mane, Pelle and Wanyama, they have a very strong squad and I expect them to get a comfortable win today.  Swansea got a creditable 2-2 draw v Chelsea last weekend but most observers saw that as a very lucky point for the Swans.  They are a dull team and will battle relegation this season in my opinion. 

Southampton 3-0 (13/1 - Bet Victor) or 4-0 (28/1 - Bet Victor) is the bet. 

I dunno about Saints. You simply can't sell off a team, and manager and continue to get great results.

Pelle, Clyne, Lallana, Shaw, Maine, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Alderweireld plus Koeman plus Pochettino.  I think they lucked out, getting two excellent managers in Pochettino and Koeman.  I thought they would beat Watford easily and they battled. I don't like to bet on struggling teams to win, but I wish you luck. FOr me this is a no bet.

Edited by neilovan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tottenham v Sunderland

Sunderland can only really play this game in one way. Keep things tight, try not to concede the 1st goal, and perhaps grab a goal from a set piece. If they play an open game against Spurs they will lose ! The difference in the overall quality of the players is to big.

In the last 5 of this fixture Spurs have drawn half time and won full time.

I think Spurs win it, but can Sunderland hold them for 45 minutes ? I like the HT draw FT Spurs win at odds of 3.75

After watching the Monday night game against Everton, I really fear for Sunderland. Where are their goals going to come from ? Stop Defoe and they look impotent. They cannot afford to go a goal behind, because they simply don't have the players who can play catch-up !

I think Man United win but not convincingly. I dunno what's going on with them. They seem to have no fire. It's like they finish the game and there is at least 40% gas left in the tank. It looks like they are playing games in 2nd gear. Give it ! Bring it ! Leave nothing out there !

The only pace I see in the team is Rashford, Shaw and Valencia. No problem, let your wingbacks overlap and attack, and cover them with your midfielders. Where is the WOW factor ?

Zlatan = WOW . He has had limited chances but takes them when they come. Excellent. Look at Cavani against Arsenal midweek. Miles apart !

Bailly = WOW . A little raw, but all the ingredients are there. Potential to be the next Rio Ferdinand !

Rashford = WOW. Makes things happened. Plenty of pace, and the directness that is missing elsewhere.

Mikatarian = SHOULD BE WOW, but wtf has happened here. Mourinho miss-using him  (Kagawa syndrome)

Shaw = WOW . Potential to be the best left back in the EPL. 

MOURINHO = WOW'ish (in the transfer market but where is a midfielder like Mane, Silva, De Bruyne), poor tactically ! He also needs to step up and stop being the 'dour one' !  He looks great when compared to van Gaal or Moyes, but how well is he doing ?

The rest underwhelming and under performing. Midfield looks a mess. Rooney throwing the balance of the team out. Is the 4-2-3-1 working ? I don't think so !

Play a 4-4-2 . It's so obvious ....

 

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Blind/Smalling Shaw as your 4  all easy

Mikatarian  Pogba  Schniederlin/Herrera Rooney/Carrick/Fellaini

Rashford and Zlatan 

Everyone can play both Rooney and Zlatan man-2-man. They have no pace, and thus the defender has no fear. They can't run away from anyone. Watching Chelsea and Liverpool, the Chelsea midfield looked like Man United in blue shirts. Only difference is the pace of Hazard. I think United are easily good enough to beat the Mid-lower league teams, but they will be found out by the rock solid really good ones.

 

 

Edited by neilovan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NornIron said:

Think Southampton will beat a very ordinary Swansea side today.  Saints have had a slow start to the season but signs on Thurs night (3-0 win v S. Prague) that they are on the up. Despite losing Mane, Pelle and Wanyama, they have a very strong squad and I expect them to get a comfortable win today.  Swansea got a creditable 2-2 draw v Chelsea last weekend but most observers saw that as a very lucky point for the Swans.  They are a dull team and will battle relegation this season in my opinion. 

Southampton 3-0 (13/1 - Bet Victor) or 4-0 (28/1 - Bet Victor) is the bet. 

 

 

Hmmmm...a very comfortable 1-0 win for Southampton.  But for some pretty poor finishing and heroic goalkeeping by Fabianski, it really could (and should) have been a much wider margin.  I have a feeling Saints will go on a bit of a run now...worth watching.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, NornIron said:

 

Hmmmm...a very comfortable 1-0 win for Southampton.  But for some pretty poor finishing and heroic goalkeeping by Fabianski, it really could (and should) have been a much wider margin.  I have a feeling Saints will go on a bit of a run now...worth watching.   

Some ridiculous offside rulings and incredible misses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

swansea are poor but then again have been for a while we are one of those awkward unpredictable teams other teams don't know how to come at us nobody knows how to bet on us and we ourselves are unsure how things will go.

we won't go down because of this.

we are waiting for another bump year where the likes of bony Siggy etc land In our lap.

theres a reason the bookies are low odds against us lol 

as for Man U my old man put it best - a flawed team and a flawed manager don't make a right. I'm betting against them from now on. Pogba overrated. Rooney like a phantom limb and swedish boy not getting fed nearly emogh. Should have stuck with rashford that's what fergie would have done.

Edited by andrewcalo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...