** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League 2016/17 Group Stage Round 1 (15th Sep)

uel1.jpg.7c468ca9f0eaa15cddc26097ad2616buel2.jpg.7455e4fb06663a7d7bb5a1e39d7b686

Odds courtesy of bet365.

The opening round of matches for the 2016/17 Europa League take place this Thursday night and, let's be honest, there are a few teams on here that can be considered the "less fashionable" sides but the trick is working out which ones will be ripe for a hiding and which ones could spring a surprise. Any of you guys tipping teams to spring a shock?

Mario Balotelli also started life at Nice superbly so betting on him for first goalscorer or anytime scorer in the Nice versus Schalke game is tempting.

Viktoria Plzen v AS Roma

Viktoria Plzen: Hromada (5/1 m, doubtful), Hrošovský (2/0 m), Pilař (0/0 m)

AS Roma: De Rossi (2/0 m, suspended), Emerson (1/0 d, suspended), Rüdiger (0/0 d), Mario Rui (0/0 d), Nura (0/0 d)

Sassuolo Calcio v Athletic Bilbao

Sassuolo Calcio: Berardi (2/2 f, top scorer), Gazzola (3/0 d), Sensi (1/0 m), Terranova (0/0 d)

Athletic Bilbao: Aketxe (0/0 m), Eraso (1/0 m)

OGC Nice v Schalke 04

OGC Nice: Eysseric (3/0 m, suspended), Le Marchand (0/0 d), Lloris (0/0 d), Bosetti (0/0 f), Le Bihan (0/0 f)

Schalke 04: Giefer (0/0 g), Coke (0/0 d), Uchida (0/0 d), Avdijaj (0/0 f)

Panathinaikos v AFC Ajax

Panathinaikos: Koutroumbis (1/0 d), Ledesma (1/1 m), Ibarbo (1/0 f)(all doubtful), Thelander (0/0 d), Boumale (0/0 m)

AFC Ajax: Krul (0/0 g), Van de Beek (2/0 m)

Mainz v AS Saint-Étienne

Mainz: Balogun (2/0 d, doubtful), Ramalho (0/0 m), Curci (0/0 g), Latza (0/0 m), Berggren (0/0 f), Klement (0/0 m), Samperio (0/0 m), Parker (0/0 f)

AS Saint-Étienne: Ruffier (4/0 first goalkeeper, suspended), M'Bengue (2/0 d), Polomat (1/0 d), Corgnet (1/0 m), Clement (1/0 m)

RB Salzburg v FK Krasnodar

RB Salzburg: Stefan Stangl (3/0 d, doubtful), Christian Schwegler (1/0 d, suspended), Smail Prevljak (0/0 f)

FK Krasnodar: Andreas Granqvist (5/0 d, probably in), Charles Kaboré (2/0 m), Marat Izmailov (1/0 m)(both doubtful), Pavel Mamaev (2/0 m), Wanderson (2/1 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

4 hours ago, Niceguy said:

On the twitter @betinasia I found great tips and odds, which I'll share on the screenshot. I'm sure that you also can find more tips and odds and please you to share with us, how we could make better discussion about it.

forum 1.png

What exactly is great about these tips? Certainly not the odds. I for one would only describe a tip as being "Great" if it had won...at a decent price of course.

I would be wary of Man United tonight. Mourinho can say the Europa League is a hindrance, but if United were in the Champions League, van Gaal would still be in charge, and Mourinho would still be on holiday. A double edged sword for him.

United won't be good tonight. Nobody that is starting is match fit. They have all played bits and pieces. I expect a low degree of cohesion, and that United will really struggle  for at least an hour.  If I was betting on United I would be avoiding this game and backing them against Watford. At least you get the 1st team, fitter, with more miles on the feet.  

Feynoord are a decent defensive team, probably one of the better ones in the Eredivise. I would be backing the 0-0 HT draw here, if I was taking a bet.

Two low priced bankers for me would be Anderlecht (1.49) and AZ Alkmaar (1.38) both to win.

One other game jumps out at me and its Standard Liege playing Celta. I've watched Celta twice this season and they are average to poor. Standard at 18.5 to 10 is a great price for the HOME WIN

Edited by neilovan

I have to agree with you, @neilovan. I think a draw is the best United can hope for. I cannot see Mourinho giving the Europa League his full attention. However, if I was him I would. His squad has enough depth to cope. If they won the Europa League then a trophy is still a trophy. Might as well just forfeit now otherwise.

You're also right about Celta Vigo. They really miss the goal threat of Nolito but they've been on a downward spiral for a while now.

Wow, watched the United game and it was painful. For a second there I thought van Gaal was still in charge :beer

You could see how badly he spent 200 million pounds, because not one player he bought had any impact on the game.

Energy - low, Pace - low, Speed -low,desire -low, intensity - low.

It took them into the 90th minute to have a shot on target. 1 SHOT ON GOAL IN 91 MINUTES. !!!

It also does not help when the Feynoord player was offside when getting the through ball.

Glad I dodged this bullet :cow

18 hours ago, winnerwinner said:

What about inter for the later game? Saw a little bit of Serie A the other night and Icardi was looking sharp. Might do some damage tonight,

Shocked by their result to be honest, @winnerwinner!

@neilovan, spot on with that United call. Accurate prediction about Celta Vigo struggling too. Did not see the Dundalk draw coming through either. In reality, even though they snatched the point at the death they outplayed AZ for the majority. Could be worth backing in the future.

20 hours ago, jackierubberleg said:

What exactly is great about these tips? Certainly not the odds. I for one would only describe a tip as being "Great" if it had won...at a decent price of course.

I hope that you are kidding with me. Can you find better odds of big bookies, which provide unlimited betting? Mollybet provides awesome odds for me, but this time tips from #TopBroTipster were bad and with this part I agree with you mate.