** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 2016/17 Group Stage Round 1 (13th &14th Sep)

ucl1.jpg.08ece09745e63769fe6e1933ebeeb44

Odds provided by bet365.

The first round of the 2016/17 Champions League group stage kicks off tonight. What bets are you guys looking at tonight?

Potential for a lot of handicap bets I reckon. A few apparent mis-matches in quality. I'd expect Barcelona to hammer Celtic, Bayern Munich to cruise to victory against Rostov, Manchester City to get a comfortable win over Borussia Monchengladbach, Borussia Dortmund to win with relative ease against Legia Warsaw, and Real Madrid to make light work of Sporting CP.

A few tight games out there as well. Basel and Ludogorets Razgrad, PSG and Arsenal, Juventus and Sevilla, and Tottenham and Monaco.

Champions League: Manchester City - Borussia Monchengladbach

Few coaches in this competition have as much Champions League experience as Pep Guardiola, in seven years as head coach, he is a perfect seven time semi finalist and two time winner. City made the semis last season and anything less this time round is likely to be seen as failure. Guardiola is not afraid to make the big decisions and Yaya Toure and Joe Hart were quickly made aware that their time had passed, John Stones, Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus, Ilkay Gundogan, Claudio Brava and Nolito were signed for a collective 200m € and the club have had a major make over. However, his biggest influence has been on the training pitch, where the work is said to have been on another level and it is easy to see that on the pitch, we are only four games in, but at times and in each, although perhaps not yet for 90 minutes, they have played football the like of which we have not seen before in the Premier League. It might seem very early to say that, but you only had to watch the opening 45 minutes of the Manchester derby on Saturday, through which they totally outclassed United, to realise how good they are, or rather, can be and this is only just the very beginning. The effect he has had on Raheem Sterling and John Stones is already apparent and tonight they will have a hungry and in form Sergio Aguero, who is serving a domestic ban, back in the line up.

BMG are two weeks behind in terms of real match fitness, a light year away with the respective squads and whilst they will have learned plenty from a group stage appearance, they will not take much confidence from the two games with City last season, both of which they lost , conceding six goals and the Manchester side look on a higher plane right now. BMG are coming off a 3-1 defeat at newly promoted Freiburg at the weekend, they went "full strength" there, with 10 of the 11 starters who faced Leverkusen on opening day and started well enough, led at the break, but fell apart late with some shambolic defending and this has the potential to get ugly tonight.

Manchester City -1.5 ball 2.11 asian line/Sportmarket

4.0 for City to score four or more, something they did here at the Etihad in this fixture last season feels too big, given the offensive firepower of the hosts and how qucikly BMG crumbled on Saturday

from Clubgowi newsletter

FC Porto v FC København

FC Porto: Pereira (2/0 d)

FC København: Boilesen (0/0 d)

Juventus FC v Sevilla FC

Juventus: Lichtsteiner (2/0 d), Sturaro (0/0 m), Marchisio (0/0 m)

Sevilla FC: Kolodziejczak (1/0 d, suspended), Soria (0/0 g), Trémoulinas (0/0 d), Krohn-Dehli (0/0 m), Nasri (1/0 m)

Real Madrid v Sporting Lisboa

Real Madrid: Navas (0/0 first goalkeeper), Nacho (1/0 d), Coentrão (0/0 d), Asensio (3/1 m), Isco (1/0 m)

Sporting Lisboa: Spalvis (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

1 hour ago, Shawrian said:

What you guys think about Leicester? CL debut that's true but I see much more quality than the struggling bruges...any suggestion?

Judging by what the Club Brugge manager has said there is a lot of naivety about Leicester. They are expecting a depleted crowd so the hostile home atmosphere will not really be a factor. I can see Leicester getting a win here.

Football form is a true statistic. You can't switch it on and off. Man City have been excellent under Pep. Munchen Gladbach

have been really poor away from home.

Man City have won 6/6 games, and 5/6 have been won HT and FT. In 4 of 6 games Man City have scored 2 or more 1st half goals.

In the EPL no team has more than 2 HT wins in 4 games. City have 4/4. 

For me the HT/FT Man CIty win/win is the way to go, at a seriously  nice priced 2 (bet 365).

A game I would be interested in, but not betting is SPurs v Monaco. SPurs to have a real battle here.

46 minutes ago, immortal-- said:

Because my english is not good enough. I can post my bets like you did, but without reasoning they are useless...

Your English seems fine. Also my selection are based on numbers and stats. I honestly do not have the knowledge or know some of the teams as well as some of these posters do.

I just like to share my picks. Maybe useless for you but definitely not for me as I put my money on them. No one forcing you to bet on them.