** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pokerwolf1's Diary - 10k Poker Profit Mega Thread

PokerWolf1

Day 60 Profit = £1871

Total buyins - €102 Total cashes - €41.82

Disaster day. Nothing went right and closest I came was to 3 off the bubble of a €500 GTD only for SB to raise my BB for the 10th time and me to fire back allin with AQ and get snapped by QQ... sigh. 

This profit could drop big tonight if I don't do well. Planning to play my other UK final sat so fingers crossed I'm adding a couple hundred to it rather than taking it away!

Edited by PokerWolf1

Day 61 Profit = £2096

Won me another UK tour seat! :D Expenses only have been added to the profit. Really pleased with the way I played overall and hope to expand on these posts a lot more from next week. Going to be playing for the rest of the night now and have yet another UK tour final seat so fingers crossed I get that one too!

Day 62 = £2419

What a couple of days! I won another UK tour ticket and was unfortunate to come 4th in one of the sunday mini majors for another £180 when I raised the blinds from the button with A10, A5 pushed on me and rivered a 5.

Not just winning but also playing really well. Defo back on track and heading in the right direction. As mentioned I plan to expand these posts and put a bit more info from next week but for now I'm going to go have a celebratory whisky and chill!

Day 63 = £2473

Tournament buyins = €139 

Tournament Cashes = €199.28

Didn't feel like I played well yesterday and if it wasn't for picking up another €100 final ticket I'd have been down. A bubble in an Omaha event to end the night left me feeling a bit sour but I used what little discipline I have an let it go. I wanted to put an interesting hand up for discussion but there wasn't really anything that happened which I think would generate much discussion.

I've been thinking along the lines of what I want to achieve next year. I'm finding it fairly easy to qualify for live events through Unibet but only the small ones. My big goal would be to qualify for one of their £1000 events. Never played a live tournament that big before. 

I want my profit loss sheet to be more tailored towards satellites so that's something I want to work on. I know I am massively +ev in some sats such as these UK tour ones (although small sample size) but I suspect that some of the other sats I take part in the structure is such that I would be better off throwing money into something else.

I want to hit 100k points every quarter on Unibet. This would involve an average of £100 of tournament buyins a day... My goal would be to achieve this while still keeping the family life balance in check as at the end of the day that's the most important thing. 

I have an ambition to set up a small stable of players who I think would be able to beast sats such as these UK tour one's too and take shares in their target events. Something which would need a lot more looking into, though. No experience of that sort of thing and if anyone has any advice I would be much appreciative.

Anyone doing well against this years goals or got plans for next year?

Edited by PokerWolf1

Day 64 & 65 = £2599

Total buyins = €149

Total Cashes = €290.06

Notable Cashes:

5 freezeout: 2nd for 23.71

5 freezeout: 3rd for 27.97

5 Rebuy (1addon): 5th for 45.94

10 freezeout: 2nd for 48.88

10 freezeout: 3rd for 43.20

10 Nightly Major: 10th for 27.50

10 PLO: 5th for 27.64

Another good couple of days but you will understand my disappointment and frustration when you look at the notable cashes. So many near misses and I could not, despite all the will in the world, close any of the tournaments out. The nightly major was a sick KK vs QQ AIPF for a 2x average stack. Similarly I bubbled the nightly mini major when I was forced to stack off 50BB's with AA after someone pushed their SB on me with AQ (board 9 10 J J K). 

I will be going over my hands for these final tables. I don't remember doing anything glaring which was bad but it never hurts to have a look back. I've mentioned it a few times now recently but I really do feel I'm playing my best poker all year and I think over the last week or so it's been reflected in my results. Long may it continue and I finally feel again that I'm stepping in the right direction towards this 10k target. 

I expect I will continue the grind tomorrow night and take Saturday off ready for a full days grind on Sunday. 

Day 67 & 68 = £2499

Total Buyins = €344

Total Cashes = €231.42

Notable Cashes:

2 PLO: 5th for 7.04

4 Sat: 1st for 25

5 Freezeout: 9th for 14.99

25 Sat: 1st for 100

It really hurts to run bad on a Sunday... Such is my desperation I am including sat wins in the notable cashes! Nothing went right. I had a sick 30 second spell where my AA was beaten by KK 1 outer in 2 rooms at the same time, and I bubbled a UK Final seat. 

My frustration eventually turned to bad play and this resulted in entering lots of things just for the sake of it which caused disappointment in myself... Still, today is another day and let's see what tonight brings. If I won the sat with the 100 ticket I have again we will be looking at a very different profit margin as I will be requesting to change the entire seat up for cash.

I am planning to join in the community league next month if it runs. I haven't played on stars for agessssssss but anything I can do to get people on the forum more involved would be good. 

Edited by PokerWolf1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, LIKE2FISH said:

Great stuff  Pokerwolf :) Best of luck for 2018 and hopefully see you at a Live event one day :) I always post up on forum if I am going to a Live event to see if anyone else going :)  My plan is to hit a 4 figure profit but very tough as hard to put volume in as family life.

Got my numbers muddled :)) Its a 5 figure profit I aim for! 2017 profit was close to £2.6k and a package to Morocco next week! Limited volume but family life is 1st priority :)  Hopefully I can bring the trophy home and achieve my target! 

Edited by LIKE2FISH

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, LIKE2FISH said:

Got my numbers muddled :)) Its a 5 figure profit I aim for! 2017 profit was close to £2.6k and a package to Morocco next week! Limited volume but family life is 1st priority :)  Hopefully I can bring the trophy home and achieve my target! 

Nice one mate best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...