** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pokerwolf1's Diary - 10k Poker Profit Mega Thread

PokerWolf1

Day 30 and 31 - £1287 profit

This has been the hardest spell I've ever had to deal with on Sky. My graph looks destroyed taking a swing of £500 from peak to bottom over the latest games but fingers crossed I'm getting back on track. Felt I played well yesterday. Had two bubbles which would of made the graph look a lot better but a combination of coolers and invincibility granted to the short stacks meant it wasn't to be.The one bubble I'm happy I didn't get though was for UKOPS 11. I qualified last night by the skin of my teeth for a £110 event with a £25k GTD on Sunday which will hopefully contribute to a massive bulk of this challenge being completed. Of cours that extra £100 on the graph is making it look better than it actually is at the moment... UKOPS starts today with 4 events. I intend to play both £22 events but will be trying to sat into the others. Luckily for my bankroll I have been up a decent bit playing cash over the last week which has softened the blow personally of this downswing.

£154.40 worth of tournaments with no cashes.

1.1 - rebuy x2 - 4th - 11.34

3.3 - bounties - 1.13

3.3 - 7th - 6.68

4.4 - sat - won £22 seat

5.2 - sat - won £24 seat

6 x 5.5 - bounties - 15.14

5.5 - 5th - 25.74

22 - bounties - 9.38

22 - 8th - 76.71

24 - sat - won £110 seat

Thanks guys. I played the first couple of UKOPS and and had a nasty outdraw from a reg with about 20 left in one of them. Since then I have been enjoying other parts of life and taking a few days break. I think the amount I was playing during a time I was just getting frustrated was rather stupid and I needed to refresh and give it a rest. 

So this week has been all about work, football, beer and fireworks! Took the little one to a firework show down my local and ended up seeing my Grandad who I haven't seen for 25 years due to a family fallout! Pretty mental. We shared a few bitters together which was nice.

A woman got hit across the face by a kid with a metal bar ouside the pub. Walked back in with a bleeding brow and said 'Carlsberg please'. Such is life in the area I now live in lol

Yesterday slumped down to watch the circus that is Wolves. Needless to say I needed a few carlsbergs myself after it. (Yes, I'm cheap...) I feel good today, though. I may go for a few sats for the main event tonight. If not I plan to play EVERY MiniUKOPS event which starts Monday and runs through Sunday. I plan to take a shot at the leaderboard but I know how hard that will be. Some very good regs on Sky. And I also plan to take a crack at becoming a priority member as Sky is running a promotion on triple points for the next few months. See how that goes. 

Needless to say my graph is looking pretty sorry for itself and needs an injection of win. Hopefully this break will have helped. Woodie, nice to see a fellow PL member at the tables. Feel free to say hi if we meet. 

LETS DO THIS!

Days 32 and 33 - £1114 Profit

Wanted to do an update before MiniUKOPS and determined to get this graph looking a little like my share prices and a little more like where I want them to be!

£248.30 worth of tournaments with no cashes. (includes £110 comp i won entry into)

1.2 - sat - bubbled seat for 2,2

4.8 - sat - won £22 seat

5.2 - sat  - won £24 seat which I busted

5.5 - 12th - 13.95

5.5 - bounties - 13.7

7.7 - 8th - 29.49

7.7 - bounties - 6.56

11 - 6th - 26.91

11 - 18th - 25.92

22 - 35th - 37.71

22 - bounties - 16.88

22 - bounties - 16.88

Day 34 & 35 - £957 profit

Sorry guys for the lack of updates. I played the first 2 days of MiniUKOPS and couldn't handle the beats any more. Coolers, set ups and 4.5% suck out's became all too much. I decided rather than chase the leaderboard and priority status on tilt it would be better just to give it a rest. So aside from enjoying myself I have spent the last week reviewing my hands, reading some poker literature and turned the 4.5% suckouts into 4.5% beers instead. I'm devastated with the way the last month has gone after doing so well but I can't keep blaming bad luck and bad beats. My own tilt is the cause of a lot of it, something I have always struggled with. So, I have come back with a set of rules to get this back on track and HOPEFULLY not keep going in the downward direction I have been.

1. £50 stop loss. Once I hit £50 loss I will stop for the day.

2. No tournaments over £5.50. Getting a big win from a cheap satellite is my best bet to get back towards target.

3. Any losing day will be followed by a days break. I don't want to feel as though I need to chase yesterday's losses.

I am going to start playing in a bit so hopefully it all goes well!

Day 36 - £982 Profit

Finally a winning day! Still had some really bad luck throughout the day the one coming with 3 left in one of them which was a shame but I felt overall I played really well.

Not going to play today. I have a free day tomorrow as don't want to risk having a losing day today and not being able to play tomorrow as per my rules :p

£79.60 worth of tournaments with no cash.

1.6 - sat - won 7.20 seat

2.2 - 3rd - 16.56

3.3 - 5th - 8.70

3.3 - Hilo - 5th - 10.53

5.5 - bounties - 1.88

5.5 - PLO - 2nd - 30

5.5 - 4th - 33.60

7.20 - sat - won 33 seat (busted main)

Hand of the day

Hoping to get some feedback on this one. This happened in a sat with 8 people left. 5 people got the £33 seat and 6th got £14. 

Blinds 200/400

Hero - 4800 chips after posting BB. Sitting in 6th place and holding Kh 10h.

Villain - 6500 chips after posting SB. Sharkscope reveals a solid player with a strong profit margin.

History - Villain has raised over 80% of hands from both button and SB. There is a guy on my left who has been sitting out for about half hour and villain has been taking full advantage. Guy sitting out still had 7k.

As usual the action has folded to villain who doubles the blind to 800. Fearing that I need to win a couple hands to secure my place i opt to flat call the extra 400. I don't want to move in here because I don't feel I am at that critical push stage and I really don't want to be called by a shabby ace or a small pair if he is indeed willing to gamble. 

The flop is A K 4

Villain bets 800. I decide to flat. I think I'm ahead a lot here and the question will be asked of me as to why I wouldn't just move all in but I was hoping he would just shut down. Of course I should of took his skill level into consideration and known he would not. 

The turn is a 3

He moves allin.

I think for a while but know I'm ahead. I'm hesitating on the basis of my recent badbeats and that I might be outdrawn but gut feeling here is I am 100% ahead. I make the call and villain turns over 66. I win the hand and villain blasts me.

Says thats I obv don't care about the money or qualifying with a call like that. I claim it wasn't difficult to work out I was ahead. He said even so it is always a fold in my position on the bubble as he would do that with Ax and even having Ax 10% of the time means it's a fold for me everytime. I argued why would I ever fold if I KNEW I was miles ahead. I'm not talking marginal here. I'm talking I know he has practically NO hand. (I actually thought he had J10 / Q10.)

Now.... I'm confused. I get that I played it in a hesitant way. But why would I fold? I had weighed up the history, added in what felt like desperation on his part for me to fold, and thrown in my gut instinct for good measure. He tried to blind me with the statistical side of it but when did poker players stop playing with their hearts? I could be talking rubbish here but I think there is only so far you can get as a poker player playing like a robot using stats. I've always been a believer in needing to wear your heart on your sleeve sometimes and go with your gut. 

Would love to get peoples thoughts. 

Day 37 - £956 profit

Again, Apologies for the update. Had another losing day and took a break for the weekend. Seem to have been down with a Norovirus type illness since!

Hoping to do some more regular updates from next week. 'm also thinking of running a football challenge along side this so look out for that... What I've got in mind there could be disastrous ;) lol

Day 38 - £938 profit

Another losing day although I am not quite sure how. Took a break yesterday. I haven't got time at the moment to update all the results but I was 1st of 40 in a £1.5k GTD and somehow managed to go out about 30th. KK to J10 (My own bad play) JJ to A8 and then AK to KJ. Also qualified for the main event again and AGAIN didn't knock anyone out. I think this may be the 6th time in a row I haven't even managed to take a head. Ridiculous of me really. A 5th and 7th place in minors helped keep afloat but still very disappointing overall.

I am about to hit £200 rakeback from Sky since I started this so that has certainly helped with bankroll and i seem to be doing ok in cash and DYM tournies which is also providing extra padding. Just wish I could get these tournaments back on track. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Day 40 - £916 profit

£2 loss on my return to Sky. Dunno how. Had a series of flips in the main 16 before the money which al lost meaning the difference between profit and loss. Finished with a 3 bet allin with QQ and someone stacking off with A10. A on turn. Came 4th in a £2 unlucky to run AQ from small into AK on big. Very happy with play overall though had zero costly errors throughout the day.

£49.60 of tournaments with no cash

1.6 - Sat - won 7.2 seat  which I busted

2.2 - 4th - 19.46

5.2 - sat - won 24 seat which I busted

5.5 - 18th - 12.17

5.5 - bounties - 1.88

Day 41 - £1049

Ahhhhh so near and I messed It up. 1 mistake cost me big time in the £33 main event which ended for me in 9th. Got silly with a 66 when I really didn't need to. Then with 12BB's I pushed QQ into massive stacks BB and he called with A5 and spiked the A. £160 payday. With heads would of been nearly £2k up top.

However, a positive. I felt that I played my best poker for months and had a lot of ownage of my table which included one of Sky's illustrious (and very good) 100k profit players. Really felt I was playing my strongest game for long spells. Not sure whether it was tiredness kicking in or just a moment of madness but villain pretty much narrowed his range to the nuts and I still decided to gamble. Thinking back over this game and analyzing it will hopefully give me the confidence and lessons to build on this.

£27.40 worth of tournaments with no cash

1.6 - sat - won 7.20 seat

2.2 - 14th - 4.43

7.2 - sat - won 33 seat

33 - 9th - 160.55

Day 42 & 43 - £1012 profit

Profit isn't right today seems to be a tenner down but no matter. There was a lot of issues on Sky last night which led to a lot of tournament cancellations. I had to manually contact support for a couple of my buyins back which don't seem to have been reflected by Sharkscope. That's around £80 Sharkscope owes me now!

Still, not much to write home about. Didn't play great, either.

£69.40 worth of tournaments with no cash

Freeroll - 140ish - 2

2.2 - Heads - 0.75

2.2 - heads - 2.25

4.8 - Sat - Bubbled seat for £8.80

4.8 - Sat - Bubbled seat for £4.40

5.5 - PLO 5th - 12.10

7.2 - sat - Won 33 seat

• 2 weeks later...

Days 47, 48, 49 - £1903 profit

Well. Had a nasty losing day yesterday but that's no surprise considering the win I had the night before. I won a forum comp on Sky to the £110 highroller and took 4th place (AK to AJ final hand noooooooooo) but it was good for £883 :)

I thought I played excellent especially given the conditions it was under. You see, I can promise you no one has ever cashed in that event under the circumstances I was faced with. I have entered that comp every day this month and the first time I win it was on my mates birthday celebrations. We planned to go to Rileys for a few games of pool and then on to a rock club. So, there was me switching between phone and pool cue and later on headbanging as I was raising all in on my way to a highroller final table! There was also much alcohol involved so I dare say my thoughts about my 'excellent' play are exaggerated :lol

Still - I was certain I could complete this challenge and felt I was good enough to consistently profit and this has got me right back on track! My only annoyance is that Sharkscope doesn't show that it was a free £110 seat so my profit is worse off than it should be! People say I moan too much....

:cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Avongirl. I will be back! The last couple months I have switched to Unibet to try and get on their UK tour and happy to say I have qualified for their Nottingham date end of August if anyone else is around to say hello. Was great to see Sky announced some UK tour dates again but unfortunately I'm holiday for them.

Will get back on this soon!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right. I need motivation and I've just noticed that Sky's UKOPS starts tomorrow. As a rule Sky isn't really giving me much motivation to play there but I thought it was worth trying to qualify for a few of these. SO THIS THREAD LIVES AGAIN!

Also, I have bankroll on Unibet. So although sharkscope won't track it for me I will put a summary at the end of the day in here and add it to the overall profit / loss of this thread. 

I am only planning to play sats in both clients, unless I unlock tokens for some other format, and the target tournaments those sats feed into.

As a side note - is anyone going to Unibet tour Manchester from here? Brighton is this weekend but I can't make it so going Manchester instead.

Edited by PokerWolf1

Day 55 - £1892 Profit

Decent day on both sites. Qualified for nightly major on Sky for £1.60 but went out just before the money. Managed to take 2 heads for £25, though. Won a buyin for a £22 UKOPS event tomorrow. Hope to play most of the day tomorrow.

Sky Profit = £1836

Won a €100 UK Tour final ticket on Unibet. Got two of them now. I won't class the other one I have among this profit and similarly if I win a UK Tour seat with it I won't count that either. If I win a UK tour seat with the token I just won though I will add €280 expenses money to the profit (500 package -220 seat). 

Unibet profit = €63.48 (£56)

Total Profit £1846

Thanks @Danshot. Hope I can encourage a few more to put some blogs up. Bit of a mare yesterday. Had to withdraw my 2 UKOPS entries as I ended up doing something last night. I am going to move them to tomorrow but I played quite a few sats in the afternoon and failed them all, bubbling two in typical horrific fashion. Profit -£47

Over on Unibet things were pretty dull. €13 of sats entered, €14 of seats won lol. Profit +€1

Not planning on anything today but looking forward to a full evening tomorrow. Will be playing at least 2 UKOPS hopefully 3. And also over on Unibet a UK tour final (the one not included in this profit ladder) along with a couple other bigger tournaments.

One of my (semi) bubbles yesterday was interesting. Should I call?

Blinds 300/600

Player 1 - 5k chips

Player 2 - 6k chips

Player 3 - 6k chips

Me - 7k chips

2 seats to £22 tournament and 3rd gets £15.

I raise UTG to 1200 with QQ. Player 1 on button shoves. Other two fold. ICM and shove fold ranges have never been my strongest point and with this being a satellite... I'm guessing mathematically I should call seeing as I am only in terrible shape against AA and KK, and 50/50 against AK? Good position for a 3 bet steal so he could be very weak or rag ace? Strange to think about folding QQ in this spot but I can't help but think folding gives me a better chance of winning a seat than calling?

With the tight stacks I believe that calling is absolutely the correct play , as chances are your not going to get a hand that strong again before finding yourself with a really short stack. 

I don't mind shoving preflop with some strong pairs like Jacks & Queens in this spot has every pick up of the blinds is massive at this stage of the tournament and even if we get called we have good equity vs our opponents calling ranges honestly I probably shove Kings as well to be fair. And mix it up with Aces between min-raising and shoving. 

• PokerWolf1 changed the title to Pokerwolf1's Diary - 10k Poker Profit Mega Thread

Day 57 and 58

Total buyins = €122. Total Cash = €218.06

Lost my first UK tour final ticket so only one I have left now is the one included in this profit. Fairly happy with how the 2 days went in terms of my play. Came 2nd in a decent tournament on Unibet for a €154 cash but was disappointed not to grab the win. Fingers crossed will get a lot of play in this week and feeling motivated to do so. 

Total profit = £1931