** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2018 World Cup Qualification European Section

1 hour ago, Icongene said:

Class call on the Austria v Moldova. Was keeping a keen eye on these and your Italy bet, on another day would have had you 2/2. Albania have had 2 good chances and have been well in the game.

It's a good value bet with an organised defensive side against a big favourite, profit on the 2 overall, so I'm happy with that. ;) 

Unfortunately with international qualifiers the only way to make some cash is either find some crazy value... or lump on it! Finding crazy value is pretty difficult...with so many mismatched teams! Sweden look  a great price at 1.53 against a Belarus side with nothing to play for...

58d66a1c325e1_ScreenShot2017-03-25at12.5

England are an improving side and I like they way they're trying to play, very much like Hoddle made them play and the last time England were a real force in my opinion. However, I wouldn't put them in top 10 right now, but then again I wouldn't put Lithuania in the top gazilion. ;) While England's defence is still open to question, they have good attacking options and it's just a matter of time before they start scoring more goals and Lithuania presents perfect opposition for that. If Slovakia can put 4 past them, so can England.

Germany are obvious favourites in Azerbaijan, but I'm not expecting a cake walk and in the same vein as the 2 bets above last night, I think Draw/Germany represents good value. Azerbaijan have shown consistently they are a tight unit and can defend well, but Germany will wear them down. If they can keep Germany quiet for 20 mins, then they may well frustrate them well into the 2nd half.

Tonight we(The netherlands) play against bulgaria.

-1 bet looks good still think we have some Good players and one is world class robben of he is fit. He had a small foot 

injury but trained The last three days.

this is a must win for Danny blind 

the media is killing him.

striker Janssen has The flue and stayed in netherland. Bas dost Will play as striker great form this dessin at sporting Lissabon.

the big problem is The defence with Virgil van dijk injured and The vrij is not fit.

he missed The last training with a foot 

injury. We hope hè can play but they Will not take a risk with him.

great news is that Sneijder Will not play 

but Will be benched instead Klaassen Will play so now Sneijder can not ask for all The balls and our two Good midfielders strootman and wijnaldum Will be more involved.

expected line up

zoet

karsdorp hoedt Martins indi blind

strootman Wijnaldum klaassen

robben dost promes

Will play two bets

holland -1

dost to score

also The left back of bulgaria Will have a buzy night against robben of The odds are Good take him to get a yellow Card.

I noticed Lux +3.5 could be a good play. They have not lost at home by more than 3 in forever and the French have never been a team to destroy even the weaker teams on the road in Int play. They haven't won by more than 3 in forever either. Hungary is a good side and getting them at +1.5 goals vs a Portugal side who never blows much folks out is a good play. Ronaldo or not.

so heres my 2 teamer..Lux +3.5 and Hungary +1.5

@Sir Puntalot Right, I'm in on the HT/FT

DRAW/SWEDEN at 3.6

DRAW/PORTUGAL at 3.50

Doubled them for fun at 12.6 :hope :ok

also took DRAW/BELGIUM

EDIT: And just to add, I took the Netherlands to win and got them early in the week (like some in here) for nice odds but I just can't trust this Holland team on an (ah). Seems very risky bet to me but that's my thoughts.

Edited by Icongene

1 hour ago, disposal bag said:

also The left back of bulgaria Will have a buzy night against robben of The odds are Good take him to get a yellow Card.

who is the left back of bulgaria?  Cant find any bookie offering a card bet on manolev

Edited by NoFear

Going with Northern Ireland DNB @1.65(sbobet) today. Like its arch-rivals the Rep of Ireland, they have been a solid side at home. Lars Lagerback maybe the new manager at Norway but I think he will need more time before his ideas can be implemented.

12 hours ago, immortal-- said:

It was just a bad match or they are so awful?

Just very very awful. Headcoach made some stupid decisions in lineup (playing de ligt above hoedt for example, and lining up 3 same type midfielders).  Plus every player literally had an offday, they were absolutely terrible. I wanted to throw my laptop against the wall looking at the match. Never knew 90 minutes is that long.

I'm going with my country tonight, Northern Ireland to get a valuable 3 points against Norway.  We've been  remarkably strong at home in qualifying matches these past three or four years and there is real 'feel-good factor' around our national football team at the minute.  Norway, on the other hand, are severely lacking in confidence and will be up against it at a packed Windsor Park.  On paper there shouldn't be much, talent-wise  at least, between both teams but I'm confident we'll beat them on sheer passion and get the result.  1-0 or 2-0.  

Edited by NornIron

I honestly cannot for the life of me see how Scotland can win today v Slovenia. The atmosphere in the camp is poor and the midweek performance v Canada (although many 1st team players were rested) was a disgrace. The media have had the pitch forks out for a while now and there's lots of pressure on Scotland to win here. Strachan the coach has said it himself, it's a must win or their qualification hopes are over. Generally Scotland don't do big game pressure and currently they have one of their worst defences in 50 years. Slovenia will score here im sure.

16 minutes ago, Icongene said:

I honestly cannot for the life of me see how Scotland can win today v Slovenia. The atmosphere in the camp is poor and the midweek performance v Canada (although many 1st team players were rested) was a disgrace. The media have had the pitch forks out for a while now and there's lots of pressure on Scotland to win here. Strachan the coach has said it himself, it's a must win or their qualification hopes are over. Generally Scotland don't do big game pressure and currently they have one of their worst defences in 50 years. Slovenia will score here im sure.

Yeah, I think Strachan is on a hiding to nothing. The talent pool of Scotland is very poor right now. So I also think a draw is most likely.

Backing England -2 tonight. Despite the stick he gets I think Southgate is actually quite tuned in with how to deal with international football management.

8 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, I think Strachan is on a hiding to nothing. The talent pool of Scotland is very poor right now. So I also think a draw is most likely.

Backing England -2 tonight. Despite the stick he gets I think Southgate is actually quite tuned in with how to deal with international football management.

Credit to Scotland. They played some nice stuff 1st half and Slovenia never got out of the blocks. I was very disapointed with them they could have lost by 2 or 3.

That was one of the worst performances of Slovenia in history. Katanec should be sacked in no time. His time passed "20 years ago".. Talent pool is far from bad, many players are playing in solid teams, but as a team under this man, they are poor as sh..

Edited by Pep004

4 hours ago, Pep004 said:

That was one of the worst performances of Slovenia in history. Katanec should be sacked in no time. His time passed "20 years ago".. Talent pool is far from bad, many players are playing in solid teams, but as a team under this man, they are poor as sh..

It was certainly a game both teams will have felt they could have won. Griffiths and Anya should have scored for Scotland but Slovenia will be gutted to concede so late. The group is still wide open for that play-off spot now. If Scotland beat England at Hampden Park in the summer, and that's a big if, then everything is thrown open. I think this Scottish win just covered up a continuing problem. I think England and Slovakia should have 1st and 2nd sewn up.

• 2 months later...

europeodds.jpg

Over a week until the next round of European fixtures for the 2018 World Cup qualification campaign but might as well get the chat started early. From a Welsh perspective, I think our odds of 5.00 are bloody generous. No Bale and no Taylor. To be fair, Bale hasn't been on it all campaign so he's not as big a loss as he would have been previously. However, he's still a massive absentee. Taylor's absence should mean Collins coming straight in for him but we need a win to get our campaign back on track so Coleman might chance a back four instead of Davies, Williams, Chester, and Gunter. I wasn't impressed by Serbia when they came to us so all hope is not lost. I'm not very optimistic though and I'd say Serbia at 1.80 is an absolute steal. Sad times after the euphoria of Euro 2016.

I can recommend Poland @ 1.61 as they are in a winning-flow & their atmosphere around the team is great. Lewandowski scored in every single match in qualification and I wouldn't be suprised when he gets another goal for poland. 
Poland also won the away game 3-0.

Glik will be missing but I think they should still get the win.

Greece has four out of five under 2.5, only with Gibraltar scored four times, in five games he has given has only received three goals. Bosnia on the other hand has four in five no goals so far, having five goals and scoring 10 times. A score divides the two teams, no team I expect to risk today and so closed game with few goals
BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA vs GREECE @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.53

Sweden has scored in all five matches, while France has not scored only Belarus at the premiere. I expect to be a beautiful and interesting match, with the two teams giving it all for the win, I will risk taking both teams
SWEDEN vs FRANCE @@ Both team to score, odds 2.05

I would be careful with Serbia and Bosnia. In Serbia even though they have decent players in national team, you never know "who is drinking and who's paying" there. On the other hand, Pjanić is questionable at Bosnians... 

I see some value in odds on Bulgaria dnb and France -0,75. Besides that, Denmark -1 looks solid to me.. any thoughts?

53 minutes ago, Pep004 said:

I would be careful with Serbia and Bosnia. In Serbia even though they have decent players in national team, you never know "who is drinking and who's paying" there. On the other hand, Pjanić is questionable at Bosnians... 

I see some value in odds on Bulgaria dnb and France -0,75. Besides that, Denmark -1 looks solid to me.. any thoughts?

I agree on Serbia. This was so often in the past but not under coach Slavoljub Muslin.
Welsh team looking toothless and not so fearsome without Bale. Having scored 12 times in their five matches so far, Serbia are well worth those odds to take advantage of the understrength Welsh side and come out on top.
Serbia to win @1.80

Holland v Luxembourg

Holland: Daryl Janmaat (28/0 d), Marco van Ginkel (6/0 m), Maarten Stekelenburg (58/0 g), Jeffrey Bruma (25/1 d), Virgil van Dijk (12/0 d), Jetro Willems (22/0 d), Leroy Fer (11/1 m), Stijn Schaars (24/0 m), Jordy Clasie (17/0 m)

Luxembourg: Daniel da Mota (77/5 f, 2nd top scorer), Aurélien Joachim (67/12 f, top scorer, captain, Chris Philipps (40/0 d) (all suspended), Anthony Moris (7/0 g), Dwayn Holter (11/0 m), Mario Mutsch (94/4 d, captain)

Estonia v Belgium

Estonia: Enar Jääger (121/0 d), Pavel Londak (27/0 g), Gert Kams (48/2 d), Ilja Antonov (31/1 m)

Belgium: Thomas Meunier (15/1 d), Timmy Simons (94/6 d), Moussa Dembélé (68/5 m), Steven Defour (49/2 m), Eden Hazard (76/17 f, 2nd top scorer)

Bosnia-Herzegovina v Greece

Bosnia-Herzegovina: Miralem Pjanić (73/12 m, doubtful), Sead Kolašinac (18/0 d, suspended), Avdija Vršajević (17/2 d), Daniel Pavlović (2/0 d), Rade Krunić (2/0 m), Danijel Milićević (1/0 m), Emir Spahić (93/6 d), Izet Hajrović (22/3 m), Milan Đurić (14/7 f)

Greece: Andreas Samaris (28/1 m), Panagiotis Tachtsidis (20/1 m), Georgios Tzavellas (23/2 d) (all suspended), Kyriakos Papadopoulos (25/4 d), Nikos Karelis (17/2 f), Panagiotis Glykos  (5/0 g)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

FIFA World Cup Qualification:

Switzerland have won their last 5 games in FIFA World Cup Qualification.
Gibraltar have lost their last 5 games in FIFA World Cup Qualification.
Switzerland have won their last 5 games against Faroe Islands in all competitions.
Latvia have lost their last 4 games in FIFA World Cup Qualification.
Portugal have won their last 4 games in FIFA World Cup Qualification.
France have won their last 4 games in FIFA World Cup Qualification.

Interesting Football Betting Streaks for 09.06.2017 (FIFA World Cup Qualification) ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-09-06-2017

The odds for the England win look value to me but I could never back them against us. We're likely to score against anyone at Hampden but you have to think the likes of Kane, Alli, Rashford, Lallana etc will be too much for what is the weakest part of the Scotland team, centre of defence. 

Over 2.5 goals at 2.30 looks the obvious bet here.

6 hours ago, Pep004 said:

I can promise you, @Pep004, that it will be one of the greatest Welsh victories of all time if we win in Serbia on Sunday. I am sticking by my 2-0 win for Serbia against everything my heart says. That will also leave our qualification campaign in ruins. Coleman just hasn't got his tactics right this campaign and the players have admitted they don't have the same motivation that they did at Euro 2016. It's disappointing. I'd much rather qualify for a World Cup than a European Championship.

All that said, I still think we could potentially win all of our remaining games in our group. We remain unbeaten so far which is the factor a lot of people are forgetting, myself included. I just don't think we will do it this weekend. Wish I was more partisan than that.