** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2018 World Cup Qualification European Section

Bulgaria v Belarus

Bulgaria: Zhivko Milanov (28/0 d), Marcelinho (7/2 m), Mihail Aleksandrov (18/3 m), Dimitar Rangelov (40/6 f, 2nd top scorer), Andrey Galabinov (6/2 f), Yordan Minev (24/0 d), Georgi Terziev (9/0 d), Nikolay Bodurov (35/1 d), Ivan Ivanov (40/3 d)

Belarus: Igor Stasevich (30/2 m), Syarhey Balanovich (25/2 m), Renan Bressan (23/3 m), Vitali Rodionov (46/10 f, 2nd top scorer), Maksim Bardachow (44/2 d), Mikhail Sivakow (13/0 d), Timofei Kalachev (76/10 m, 2nd top scorer), Stanislaw Drahun (38/5 m), Sergey Krivets (38/5 m)

Cyprus v Gibraltar

Cyprus: Anastasios Kissas (13/0 g), Giorgos Merkis (33/1 m), Efstathios Aloneftis (62/10 m), Constantinos Makrides (77/5 m)

Gibraltar: Jamie Robba (8/0 g), Roy Chipolina (21/1 d, captain), Michael Yome (7/0 f), Scott Wiseman (10/0 d), Jack Sergeant (11/0 d), Jake Gosling (11/2 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Nothing pops up to me for tonight so i will be having just one and that's us against Belarus.That's little to no interest for the game amongst our fans and given the weather i cannot see more than 1000 people being on the stadium.We have only theoretical chances of going through but everyone knows that won't happen.We have a few missing players  as do Belarus.Our guests beat Greece during the week in what was a friendly game and happened to be a close affair as well and i can see something similar happening tonight.I think both teams will be somehow happy with a point here.We are once again ''preparing'' our team for the next qualification cycle while Belarus are on the road and will find it hard to break us down.It will be a disaster if we lose tonight because the fans,no matter how many are they,will be outrageous.There has been massive disaprovement amongst the crowd due to the way our football union has been managing the local football as well as the national team so i really don't want to think what can happen if we lose tonight.Belarus are not world beaters too and given the fact that it has been raining heavily in the past few days i think both teams will be settle for a point today.Odds on us have been rising and now are up to 2.20 with bet365.I think value definetely lies on the Draw @ 3.30 with bet365 as i can't see any different outcome.GL!

58 minutes ago, Mauricius said:

@StevieDay1983, I saw that you are very active on this forum, and you share good odds and tips, what are you thinking about match England - Spain?

Ha! Thanks @Mauricius! These sort of games rarely produce a lot of excitement with neither side keen to be too risky or full-on. I'm thinking a draw or narrow win either way. Maybe a 2-1 win for Spain? Possibly a 1-1 draw. Despite the lack of enthusiasm behind Southgate as an appointment, I actually think he could do a decent job long-term. He has learned how to manage at international level and in tournaments which is a completely different ball game to league and club football.

On 16/11/2016, 11:05:13, Mauricius said:

You was in right - 2-2.
Very good prediction as well.
Do you follow any tipster or betting website for your prediction?

Ha! I did cover a few angles to be honest! I did also incorrectly predict a lack of excitement! Did anyone see that coming though? No, just go off a mixture of stats and instinct.

• 4 months later...

europeanwcodds.jpg.7a31aa8c3841986210af1

europeanwc1.jpg.1e7405dc3f327591ac77b100

A full schedule of games from the European section of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers. I know a lot of you are not fans of international betting but just wondered if a few of you might give your thoughts.

@Simeon Borisof, @Pep004, @TotoSchillaci, @gamblerxxx, @betcatalog, @clubgowi, @winnerwinner, @allyhibs, @vasilli07, @Neubs, @Lisandri, @Kenton Schweppes, @kilkenny1, and @Humble Underdog, you have all got involved in these bets before. What do you guys think?

Also keen to hear from some of the regulars across the forum such as @Notorious, @mrclubbie, @MuineBheag, @rashers, @andrewcalo, @addpea, @GazBlades, @Tiffy, @skyblues88, @Mindfulness, @Icongene, @sajtion, @gogetta, @DW_United, and @KikoCy.

I kinda of like Wales +0.25 @ 1.95. Rep of Ireland has some serious injury problems. In defence, Ciaran Clark and Shane Duffy are ruled out. In midfield, Harry Arter and Wes Hoolahan are serious doubt. I believe Hoolahan is an important player as he is their most creative player.

1.57 on Holland to beat us?:lolThat's a gift guys.First max bet for the season to me.We have no real chance of qualifying(again) and we are ''preparing'' for the next qualifcation cycle(again).We have no players in the top Europe Leagues and those who are ''local'' are out of form.I don't know what's the world on Holland but they should be totally out of form.Given the fact that this looks like a must win game for them i think they will crush us with ease.Sweden should comfortable see of Belarus at home so Holland needs to win in Sofia.I think 1.57 holds great value in it as i really can't see any different outcome rather than 1:3 or something similiar.

I agree with both of you @andrewcalo and @Simeon Borisof.. there is value on away sides for sure. For Wales I took +0,25 (Whole analysis here!) while I am still considering about the best choice for Netherland. For now I am pretty close to AH -1. But we have time, as I think that odds won't go anywhere. 

p.s. There is nothing to wait.. Going with Oranje -1 as well. (Whole analysis here)

Edited by Pep004

4 hours ago, Simeon Borisof said:

1.57 on Holland to beat us?:lolThat's a gift guys.First max bet for the season to me.We have no real chance of qualifying(again) and we are ''preparing'' for the next qualifcation cycle(again).We have no players in the top Europe Leagues and those who are ''local'' are out of form.I don't know what's the world on Holland but they should be totally out of form.Given the fact that this looks like a must win game for them i think they will crush us with ease.Sweden should comfortable see of Belarus at home so Holland needs to win in Sofia.I think 1.57 holds great value in it as i really can't see any different outcome rather than 1:3 or something similiar.

Hi Simeon, you are spot on about Holland. We need to win, everyone knows this. We have a fit squad, with some really good experienced players in every line of team (De Vrij, Sneijder, Strootman, Wijnaldum, Robben) but we have one problem: the coach danny blind. He keeps making weird decisions. Nonetheless I feel like we should win this, we have a lot of individual class. 

8/10 on Holland to win @1.57

On 20/03/2017, 16:52:02, andrewcalo said:

I'm going to the game!!! lol @StevieDay1983 where are you when the Welsh proper need you?

I fancy wales. I feel like we will win this one.

:lol I've done my time mate. Endured every second of the Bobby Gould years. I can't really go to any football at the moment due to the kids being so young and the missus working. I think we could win but this is Wales. We are full strength and Republic of Ireland are missing a number of decent players such Ciaran Clark, Shane Duffy, Marc Wilson, Wes Hoolahan, Harry Arter, Anthony Pilkington, Alan Judge, and Daryl Murphy all not included in their squad.

However, we really should have beaten both Georgia and Serbia so we could be the better side but still not win. We need to make our possession count for more. Had we won those two games we would be on the same points as Republic of Ireland at the top of the group and 3 points clear of a third placed Serbia. We didn't though. So this has become a game we cannot afford to lose. That could change the dynamics... although, it could play into our hands because even though they are top Republic of Ireland will need to win this game. We are at our best when teams come at us.

My head says a 1-1 draw. My heart says a 1-0 win!

26 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

:lol I've done my time mate. Endured every second of the Bobby Gould years. I can't really go to any football at the moment due to the kids being so young and the missus working. I think we could win but this is Wales. We are full strength and Republic of Ireland are missing a number of decent players such Ciaran Clark, Shane Duffy, Marc Wilson, Wes Hoolahan, Harry Arter, Anthony Pilkington, Alan Judge, and Daryl Murphy all not included in their squad.

However, we really should have beaten both Georgia and Serbia so we could be the better side but still not win. We need to make our possession count for more. Had we won those two games we would be on the same points as Republic of Ireland at the top of the group and 3 points clear of a third placed Serbia. We didn't though. So this has become a game we cannot afford to lose. That could change the dynamics... although, it could play into our hands because even though they are top Republic of Ireland will need to win this game. We are at our best when teams come at us.

My head says a 1-1 draw. My heart says a 1-0 win!

3-1 Wales.

20 hours ago, Simeon Borisof said:

Main goalkeeper-Stoyanov is out injured.Ridiculous odds on Holland...

Thanks @Simeon Borisof keep us posted if you hear anymore :)

I will wait until I hear team news from Dutch team. I read in news media today that Robben might have a foot injury, in my opinion he is vital for the Dutch attack. Also interesting to see what Blind will choose for defense.

19 hours ago, Pep004 said:

Damn, it will start looking like public bet. Any news about Robben? Is he fit or not? p.s. Already a pretty nice surebet for everyone who back Netherland at 2.04 (ah -1). 

Hi pep, Robben seems fully fit and trained very well according to the official site:

http://www.onsoranje.nl/nieuws/nederlands-elftal/68836/arjen-robben-gaat-zoals-altijd-voluit-op-de-training

So let's fire up the bets on Holland :D

9 hours ago, rangers234 said:

The Dutch worry me a lot.. very inconsistent. So much talent but they just fall at the last hurdle. The bet I like is italy minus one at 1.75. Albania should be no match to the Italians trying to keep up with Spain! 

Agree with both. Dont trust Dutches eventough i dont have knolwedge how Bulgurians are really strong.

About Italy, i am all the way on them -1AH. Albanians dont have same passion like before. Or dont have quality like before. Also have number of injured and suspended players (Mavraj, Djimsiti, Lenjani, Berisha (first goalkeeper)). Also only better CB Ajeti (Torino) got injured on trining ysterday and may miss this match. Italy needs to win i order to keep their chances for 1st place alive.

I have a few Bulgarian friends and they are very pessimistic. Not sure if that also reflects with you @Simeon Borisof? You guys only just beat Luxembourg at home 4-3 thanks to an injury time winner in your first group game. Netherlands have only dropped points at home to France in a narrow defeat and away to Sweden which was a credible draw. I'm definitely on the Netherlands band wagon tonight.

One team that I am keeping an eye on is Montenegro. 7 points from their first 4 matches and they are ranked at 4.50 to beat Poland at home. Could be worth a double chance bet?

Northern Ireland at 2.30 to beat Norway at home as well. Norway only have 3 points from their first 4 matches and are a mess at the moment having picked up their only points against San Marino.

It's also going to be very interesting to see how Georgia do at home to Serbia. Georgia are a nation renowned for their upsets. Serbia should get the win but it will be tough. Could be worth a handicap bet. Their odds are ridiculous considering they haven't lost a game in qualifying by more than 1 goal so far and are more than capable of upsetting bigger sides.

26 minutes ago, Sir Puntalot said:

58d5531855826_ScreenShot2017-03-24at17.0

@Pep004 Jeeeesus, get yourself an Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat as well! :lol:lol 

No thanks. It's enough. :p Just trying to get enough attention.. unfortunately "marketing" in start is more important than quality work. But well, I am trying with both. Luckily having some help with social media, but I won't pay for kind of advertisement (likes on facebook) as I heard that you're getting high percentage of bots liking the page. We'll see how it will be. I think that is better to work on your own than for any company, especially if they are charging too much. We'll see. :) 

p.s. thanks for this. Bad advertisement doesn't exist right? :p 

Edited by Pep004

@StevieDay1983

My selections are:

Austria - Must win for Austria against Moldova, last chance for them. 

Italy - Must win to keep up with Spain.

Spain - A win keeps them clear of Italy.

Iceland - To beat one of the minnows Kosovo away from home.

Sweden - Must win home game against Belarus in a group containing France and Holland. 

Belgium - Alot stronger than Greece and will beat them at home. 

Also Switzerland, England, Germany, Slovakia all very much odds on. 

3 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

I'm not a fan of international football either, but the one thing these smaller teams are now, is very organised.

I think both Austria and Italy are bankers to win, but I think they're going to have to be patient against 2 teams who will be there with a defensive setup.

Simply out of value, I've gone for...

58d553d28b7a7_ScreenShot2017-03-24at17.1

Class call on the Austria v Moldova. Was keeping a keen eye on these and your Italy bet, on another day would have had you 2/2. Albania have had 2 good chances and have been well in the game.