** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2018 World Cup Qualification European Section

europe1.jpg.7eac2919c3c41a2bd62edf9b2177europe2.jpg.59d34ca225210384c50f197dae9b

Odds provided by bet365.

The first round of games for the UEFA section of the 2018 World Cup qualification process throws up some fascinating matches.

A home nations 5-fold backing England, Wales, Scotland, Republic of Ireland, and Northern Ireland to all win their matches is listed at 65.02. It's a long shot with Northern Ireland's trip to Czech Republic being the main sticky point. However, Republic of Ireland's away journey to Serbia is far from a given.

There are a few other matches that are tough to call. Ukraine versus Iceland, Sweden versus Netherlands, and Switzerland versus Portugal are all in the balance and I would not be surprised to see draws in all three of these encounters.

I think there is a good chance in a 6-Pick Combo... I see here Value in a Win for Germany, Denmark, Bosnia, Spain, Lettland and Greece. Odds are fair enough i think,  but i will wait for more infos. But this is for me a nice value Pick.

Edited by Neubs

Denmark v Armenia

Denmark: Rasmus Falk (1/0 m), Kasper Schmeichel (22/0 first goalkeeper, doubtful), Jores Okore (8/0 d), Henrik Dalsgaard (3/0 d), Michael Krohn-Dehli (56/6 m), Martin Braithwaite (14/1 f), Morten Rasmussen (13/4 f), Lasse Vibe (10/1 f)

Armenia: Henrikh Mkhitaryan (59/19 m, captain, top scorer), Levon Hayrapetyan (34/1 d), Kamo Hovhannisyan (26/0 d), Edgar Manucharyan (50/9 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

World Cup 2018
 20:45 Albania - FYR Macedonia

This game will be played in Shkoder "Loro Borici " rinovated stadium with 17 .000 stands .

Well after De Biasi came in Albania national team ,many things changed in all aspects for good sure ,and game after game ,squad plays better with defensive mind as italian menthality . Team qulificate in France Euro 2016 and after lost with France 0-2 and Swiss 0-1 won first game  over Romania. Today ex captain Lorik Cana retired from National team and defender A. Ajeti  is injured for today game . From MAcedonia squad are missing important players like striker A. Ibraimi and midf atacking A. Trajkovski  ,in last 5 games played Macedonia lost four and won only one over Azerbaijan .

I see fully motivated host tonight .

Pick Albania (-1 AH ) 2.36 @ SBobet 4/10. Good Luck!

4 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

Good job you didn't mate!!

Tempted to put a big bet on Wales to grind out a dogged 1-0 win over Moldova tonight. We really struggle to break down the "weaker" nations under our current tactics so think we will make hard work of it tonight. I'm tempted to go for total goals scored under 2.5 at 1.85 with 888Sport tonight.

Considering Ashley Williams any time scorer at 13.00 with Paddy Power as well. Think the goals could come from set pieces tonight.

59 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Tempted to put a big bet on Wales to grind out a dogged 1-0 win over Moldova tonight. We really struggle to break down the "weaker" nations under our current tactics so think we will make hard work of it tonight. I'm tempted to go for total goals scored under 2.5 at 1.85 with 888Sport tonight.

Considering Ashley Williams any time scorer at 13.00 with Paddy Power as well. Think the goals could come from set pieces tonight.

Yeah I'd be pretty confident that Wales will overcome Moldova as they are pretty ropey. I think under 2.5 could be a good call, bagfulls of goal in Wales games are rare so I think it's a decent call, they are strong defensively but lack that top striker which they've always had in the past like Rush and Hughes and to a certain extent Craig Bellamy. I assume Bale is available? 

11 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

'Bagfulls of goals in Wales games are rare'.....until tonight!! 

Never mind a good start to the campaign and you pick up where you left of from the summer. Always good to get the goal difference up by thrashing the dog ends of the group.

First time we've scored more than 3 goals in a competitive match since 2003! Haha. It was looking likely after the first half hour with Moldova playing their entire team and their subs bench behind the ball. My mate had Bale to score and Wales to win 3-0! Couldn't help but laugh when the ref gave that pen.

On a separate note, I'm retiring from betting on international football. Anyone got any useful tips for tonight's games as opposed to the tripe I've put out there?

3 hours ago, kilkenny1 said:

Japan should win todays game in Thailand comfortably, taking minus 1 @ 4 to 6 and minus 2 at 2 to 1. Thai players all play in local leagues regularly thrashed by Jap clubs. Japan will be hugely motivated after terrible home loss to UAE last week. With their Euro stars on board they should stroll this

Interesting tips, @kilkenny1. You're lucky we're not a dictatorship regime here otherwise we'd be doing a Kim Jong-Un and executing you for placing an Asian section tip in the European section tip. Jeez, just can't get the punters these days! :)

21 hours ago, Humble Underdog said:

Will try Switzerland - Portugal BTTS @ 2.20. Seems to have some value.

Honestly thought that if Switzerland scored then Portugal would too. Should have seen it coming without Ronaldo playing! They are so poor without him considering how strong the attacking side of their team is even without him.

20 hours ago, winnerwinner said:

My selection tonight

Hungary -1

France straight

Belgium -1.5

Latvia -1

Bulgaria -1.5

5 teams multi.

Never bet on France to beat a group underdog away from home in a qualifier! They drop so many points in those matches, particularly out in Eastern Europe! You only need to go back to 3rd September, 2010 to a game when Belarus themselves beat France 2-1 as well!

• 3 weeks later...

A massive set of games coming up for the home nations later this week. Wales face a huge game away in Austria. A win would really put their hopes of reaching the 2018 World Cup in full swing. It's going to be tough with Aaron Ramsey missing though. Republic of Ireland will also be looking to get a tricky tie with Georgia out of the way without any damage being done. England really should make light work of Malta but with only an interim manager in Gareth Southgate could that hamper their preparations? Northern Ireland and Scotland should also pick up standard wins against San Marino and Lithuania respectively.

There is also the massive clash between Italy and Spain. The Spanish will be looking for revenge after Euro 2016! Also, what do you guys think of Southgate's England squad? Would you give him the job? Or do they need somebody in the ilk of Eddie Howe or Alan Pardew? A foreign manager perhaps?

On that note, here are the latest odds for the next England manager. Bookies still not overly confident in any one candidate right now.

englandman.jpg.5489fe6181e117d1561bd6f50

Sorry, @Rusian, what do you mean? Like an odds comparison site? In my opinion, there really isn't much difference in the odds being offered by different bookies for the Italy versus Spain game. Only 0.5 max separating the best and worst prices but they are changing all the time anyway. I would be tempted by the draw but both teams are in periods of transition really so it's a tough one to call. I still think Spain possess the better quality squad but Italy are tough to beat on their own patch. Italy at 3.1 to win with William Hill seems too good to turn down!

Austria v Wales

Austria: Marko Arnautović (56/11 m, probably in), Martin Harnik (61/14 m, 2nd top scorer), György Garics (41/2 d), Heinz Lindner (8/0 g), Christian Fuchs (78/1 d, retired), Jakob Jantscher (23/1 m), Rubin Okotie (18/2 f)

Wales: Danny Ward (3/0 g), Jazz Richards (10/0 d), Simon Church (38/3 f), Aaron Ramsey (44/11 m, 2nd top scorer), David Vaughan (42/1 m, retired), Jonathan Williams (17/0 m)

Iceland v Finland

Iceland: Aron Gunnarsson (65/2 m, captain, probably in), Gunnleifur Gunnleifsson (26/0 g), Sölvi Ottesen (28/0 d), Hallgrímur Jónasson (15/3 d), Rúrik Gíslason (37/3 m), Kolbeinn Sigþórsson (44/22 f, 2nd top scorer), Eiður Guðjohnsen (88/26 f, top scorer)

Finland: Jere Uronen (20/0 d), Joel Pohjanpalo (21/4 f), Joona Toivio (38/2 d), Tim Sparv (54/1 m), Riku Riski (26/4 m), Tim Väyrynen (6/0 f), Glen Kamara (0/0 m)

Italy v Spain

Italy: Alessio Romagnoli (0/0 d, probably in), Giorgio Chiellini (90/7 d, suspended), Luca Antonelli (13/0 d), Salvatore Sirigu (17/0 g), Andrea Ranocchia (21/0 d), Thiago Motta (30/1 m), Emanuele Giaccherini (29/4 m), Stephan El Shaarawy (20/3 m), Lorenzo Insigne (12/2 f), Simone Zaza (14/1 f)

Spain: Saúl Ñíguez (1/0 m), Thiago Alcántara (14/0 m)(both doubtful), Juan Mata (40/10 m), Javi Martínez (18/0 d), César Azpilicueta (17/0 d), Marc Bartra (11/0 d), Iker Casillas (167/0 g), Juanfran (22/0 d), Cesc Fàbregas (110/15 m), Pedro (60/17 f, 2nd top scorer), Bruno (10/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

On 10/5/2016, 9:08:48, Rusian said:

@StevieDay1983, thank you for great advice. But I want to use platform which provides me connections of all accounts into one account, also on this platform I can compare odds. If you understand me?  I'm searching through this forum, and when I find platform like this, I will ask for your opinion.

Hi Rusian,

Yes I looked into this a few years ago. Apparently they are popular in Asia. You get the highest odds consistently to diminish the bookie commission to a very tiny amount and also there are no limits to the stakes with brokers.

This is only for pros who bet large amounts on a regular basis because I think most brokers will charge a regular monthly fee even if you don't bet for a while. They can even advise you what to bet on.

https://www.3et.com/       https://www.sportmarket.com/?affiliateid=42   http://www.seabet.com/sbweb/index.jsp

https://www.samvo.com/        https://asianconnect88.com/         http://asiabetbroker.com/

Personally, I'm seeing a few under 2.5 goals accas here tonight. Internationals are always hard to get any real profit from unless you bet really big.

I would say...

Austria versus Wales

Iceland versus Finland

Hungary versus Switzerland

Slovenia versus Slovakia

None of those teams have the best attacks but very strong defensive set-ups. Odds of 5.56 with bet365 on that quadruple for total goals scored under 2.5. Shove £5 on, you know it makes sense!