** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Nap Competition - Wednesday August 31st

7.10 Newton Abbot

Little Pop 11/4 Bet365

This one won in good style last time out at Southwell and beat a couple of useful sorts in No Win No Fee and Sailors Warn. He is turned out quickly to race with a 7lb penalty and looks sure to be put up more than that once the handicapper has his say. He did lead last time so may have My Brother Sylvest to contend with but with his first time hood he should be able to settle better anyway.

5.00 Bath – The Quarterjack 1pt win @ 14/1 Skybet

Has dropped to class 6 the last couple of races and was closer than he has been in a while last time out, beaten 4 lengths into 5th of 13.  A mark of 59 is generous based on his form three seasons ago when rated in the 70s. Of course it is very probably that he is not the same horse nowadays and that is reflected in the revised mark but in a pretty open looking race, I think 14/1 is fair.

Just now, Trotter said:

Sou 1.50 - Minella Forfitness - win at

3m handicap chase

To date my horse has been effective at around 20F but looks well handicapped if he gets the longer trip. He tried it last time out

Premature submission.......:loon

Sou 1.50 - Minella Forfitness - win at 14/1 bog bet365

3m handicap chase

To date my horse has been effective at around 20F but looks well handicapped if he gets the longer trip. He tried it last time out and was still there with 2F to go before fading. However that was a better race and I'll give him another chance against this lot

I don't think Southwell puts any particular emphasis on stamina

3 hours ago, AK1979 said:

5.00 Bath – The Quarterjack 1pt win @ 14/1 Skybet

Has dropped to class 6 the last couple of races and was closer than he has been in a while last time out, beaten 4 lengths into 5th of 13.  A mark of 59 is generous based on his form three seasons ago when rated in the 70s. Of course it is very probably that he is not the same horse nowadays and that is reflected in the revised mark but in a pretty open looking race, I think 14/1 is fair.

Non Runner. Will replace with

4.30 Bath - Mister Music Master 1pt win @ 18/1 bet365

2.00 Bath - Trumps Magic @ 18/1 Bet365

The favourite has some decent form but this is by far the fastest ground he's encountered so he might not match his best run on soft and can be taken on at odds on. Nothing else has shown much at all so this gives the well bred 67,000 dollar yearling Trumps Magic a chance for Evans who can ready a 2 year old.