** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2016

I need to ask someone more clued up on tennis if there is much chance of Murray losing tonight, I ask because i plan to go big on Murray, i know his odds are low but i'm needing to recover betting losses and need to in the next week. I have 16,000 in my account and need to raise another 3,000. I know this is low odds but how likely would it be to go wrong please?

17 minutes ago, recklessrookie said:

I need to ask someone more clued up on tennis if there is much chance of Murray losing tonight, I ask because i plan to go big on Murray, i know his odds are low but i'm needing to recover betting losses and need to in the next week. I have 16,000 in my account and need to raise another 3,000. I know this is low odds but how likely would it be to go wrong please?

This might not be what you want to hear, but don't do that.

7 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

This might not be what you want to hear, but don't do that.

That's the sensible reply and thanks, but basically I have blown 3 thousand pounds that is going towards buying a house next week! if I don't recover it I have quite a awkward chat with my girlfriend ahead. I'm looking for a really low odds/near cert to get that money back. Crazy I know but I don't know what else to do.

Don't do that mate. Just get a loan or something. You will pay more than 3000 but it's a lesson to not bet your money that you need. It's an alpha rule for all pro bettors, risk only free money or money in bankroll. If you bet money that are important to you, it's a way to hell...

And I'm speaking from my own experience...

Plus I don't know where you betting, but this happens, when clear favourite brings some injury and retire. Some bookies take this bet as loss. You must concider all possible outcomes and all of them are screaming that there isn't any value...

Also there are other ways to win money, as i hate combo bets, you should be comfortable to pick matches for 2.00 odd and bet 3k. Not whole ''bankroll''

I'm using BetVictor who void bets if a player retires as they did in the Kyrgios/Marchenko match.

Struggling to find value in this game elsewhere, Nishikori has a terrible H2H record against Murray but you never know. He's certainly a capable player himself and a former US Open finaist.

Maybe Nishikori to win a set and take the games line over 34.5 at odds of 1.87

1 hour ago, ianhilts said:

I hope he left it alone....murray still may win but yikes

To cut a long story short, I blew big money on football today so in chasing the money I went big on over 34.5 games as needed money back quick, relief that I didn't choose Murray but Murray stormed the first set, I had already broken down to girlfriend thinking id blown a large amount of our money to buy a house . Its caused bog problems and she's making me block all gambling sites. As it turned out, the over 34.5 games bet which i staked a whopping 16 thousand on came in, I won all my money back, and maybe needn't have told her :( but I think that's it for me and gambling, I simply cannot help being reckless with it.

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2016‎ ‎09‎:‎59‎:‎36, neilovan said:

3 hours ago, recklessrookie said:

To cut a long story short, I blew big money on football today so in chasing the money I went big on over 34.5 games as needed money back quick, relief that I didn't choose Murray but Murray stormed the first set, I had already broken down to girlfriend thinking id blown a large amount of our money to buy a house . Its caused bog problems and she's making me block all gambling sites. As it turned out, the over 34.5 games bet which i staked a whopping 16 thousand on came in, I won all my money back, and maybe needn't have told her :( but I think that's it for me and gambling, I simply cannot help being reckless with it.

I know that it's your choice what to do but that was rather worrying. To be on the safe side, don't risk that again. You could have ended up with none of that money, lost the house and your girlfriend. Good luck in the future and wish you and your girlfriend lots of happiness. :)

53 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Can't see anything for today, Pliskova/Williams looks impossible to call and I'm not willing to back Kerber with the outright still in. Hoping for her to win and Pliskova to upset Williams, as that would obviously give the 9.00 punt a very good chance of success.

Same train mate with Kerber ( I have 11 odd) ... Would you be surebetting if final would be Kerber-Williams? 

Back Kei Nishikori to beat Stanislas Wawrinka at 1.73 with Skybet

As much as I like Wawrinka, I don't really fancy his chances against Nishikori, who really has been the better player of the two all year long. I was tremendously impressed by Nishikori in the match against Murray and he also looks way fitter than the man from Switzerland, which could play a big role if this match goes on for a while. I would like to see a Djokovic-Wawrinka final, don't get me wrong, but Wawrinka doesn't seem to be able to turn it on right now.

On 2016-09-07 15:54:26, recklessrookie said:

That's the sensible reply and thanks, but basically I have blown 3 thousand pounds that is going towards buying a house next week! if I don't recover it I have quite a awkward chat with my girlfriend ahead. I'm looking for a really low odds/near cert to get that money back. Crazy I know but I don't know what else to do.

How has it gone for you? I didn't read this post of yours until today. I would gladly give you a good betting tip where you can win 3000 on in the next few days before your time expires.

Mens Singles Semi Final :

Kei Nishikori vs Stanislas Wawrinka

Nishikori to win the match 4/5 paddy power

Over 40.5 games 10/11 paddy power

Nishikori to win 3-2 4/1 paddy power

I think this will be a great match and it will be played at night when it is cooler for the players Wawrinka has not played all that well in this tournament, but his win in the previous round shows that he is playing better. But i think Nishikori is just playing that little bit better especially after his great win the previous round and can edge this match as he loves playing at the US Open

Edited by owenclass

Alright, finals time.

Not betting on anything in the women's, the odds look about right to me and I've got Kerber at 9.00, so I'll hope that it will come in and round it all off nicely.

As for the men's...

Back Stanislas Wawrinka to beat Novak Djokovic at 3.40 with Bet365

Neither guy is looking particularly fit and I'm not sure that we're going to get the match we deserve in a Grand Slam final, but the odds dictate that Wawrinka is the play here. He's been upping his level constantly, he's been tested on at least two tough occasions, and I'd also say that he's got the mental edge here, albeit only a slight one. Djokovic the favourite, but I wouldn't back him below the 1.50 mark.

Womens Singles Final :

Karolina Pliskova vs Angelique Kerber

Over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power

What a great win by Kerbers opponent against Serena and has a serve which can trouble Kerber so Kerber will have to be at her best against an opponent who is on the top of her game and full of confidence from beating one of the greatest players of all time

Mens Doubles Final :

Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares vs Pablo Carrero Busta and Guillermo Garcia Lopez

Over 20.5 games 4/5 paddy power

I like the look of this match but i feel Murray and Soares will have too much for their opponents. But i think it will go to a final set

Edited by owenclass

Mens Singles Final :

Novak Djokovic vs Stanislas Wawrinka

Over 39.5 games 10/11 paddy power

Over 3.5 sets 4/7 paddy power

Djokovic to win 3-1 14/5 paddy power

Tie break in the first set 5/2 paddy power

Djokovic to have the Most Aces least Doubles faults and win the match 5/1 paddy power

Djokovic to win the match and both players to win a set 5/4 paddy power

I think this match will be tough for Djokovic as his opponent is just coming back into form and with each round, he is getting better and better and he is getting close to getting back to his best. If it is hot and humid it could affect Djokovic as he does not cope as well as his opponent, so him losing a set will probably happen and if his opponent is back to his best, then expect a five set classic

Edited by owenclass

On 08/09/2016, 02:37:23, owenclass said:

Juan Martin Del Potro to win the US Open 7/1 paddy power

Stanislas Wawrinka to win the US Open 14/1 paddy power

So with Murray being knocked out, i fancy one of these two to reach the final and will probably play Djokovic and hopefully give him a tough match

What do you think guys. Did you back Wawrinka to win

I hope you were on board

On 27/08/2016, 18:59:22, CzechPunter said:

Back Angelique Kerber to win the 2016 US Open at 9.00 with BetVictor

A bit of a long shot, of course, but I honestly believe that Kerber is the player to beat on the WTA at the moment with Williams struggling. Kerber has two GS finals this year, a big goal to strive for, and an excellent form. She did lose against Pliskova in Cincinnati, but come on - she was expected to go out early after the shock loss against Puig, but she beat Strycova, Suarez-Navarro and Halep before finally running out of energy, so it was a massively good result in my opinion. She's now had a week to get herself ready physically and mentally and I think that she'll be ready to deliver.

Well done mate

I hope you had money Wawrinka as well