** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2016

Back Johanna Larsson to beat Denisa Allertova at 1.53 with BetVictor

Allertova's win over Ivanovic is just an overrated result in my opinion. It wasn't a case of her playing well, it was a case of the Serb collapsing like a house of cards really. Larsson is very different from that - she's got both form and quality on her side here, having made a good run in New Haven before coming here and winning her first matches in both the singles and the doubles. Allertova will draw some confidence from the upset, but it shouldn't be enough for a win here.

Back Katerina Siniakova to beat Caroline Garcia at 2.62 with Paddy Power

Garcia could've easily lost against Parmentier in the previous round, while Siniakova was finding her shots nicely against Bouchard. It's now time for the talented Czech to step up and make a good run - and this is the ideal chance really, as she was able to beat Garcia in Wimbledon a few months ago. That was when Garcia was playing better, so I don't see Siniakova as the underdog here in all honesty.

Back Montserrat Gonzalez (+6.5) to beat Karolina Pliskova at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Too high a line in my opinion. I backed Gonzalez against Kovinic in the previous round and I still believe that she's under-rated, especially now that she has a win under her belt, which should settle the nerves. Pliskova is notorious for not caring too much about these matches and she has never done well in the Grand Slams either - strange, but true. With Gonzalez living her dream and swinging freely, I like the chances of this not being a beatdown.

Back Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to beat Kristina Mladenovic at 1.57 with Skybet

Good odds for the straight win in my opinion, Mladenovic wasn't too exciting against Hibino and I think that she's going to fall at this hurdle, which is the first serious one really. Pavlyuchenkova is on the rise in terms of form and I think that she shouldn't be above 1.33 here even despite the H2H record, which has one easy US Open win for Mladenovic a couple of years back.

Back Daniel Evans to beat Alexander Zverev at 3.50 with Skybet

Evans might not be everyone's idea of an exciting players, but he's extremely hard-working and he's always giving it his best, which is the right recipe for someone like Zverev. The youngster is a future star, I don't have any doubts about that, but he's been off for quite a while now and the win over Brands doesn't change anything in that regard. It's consistency that matters the most in this format and Evans has more of that than Zverev, so I'll chance the underdog here at tasty odds.

Alexander Zverev vs Dan Evans

Over 37.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Zverev to win 3-1 11/4 paddy power

I have to go with the favourite in this match even though Evans is playing well and i do fancy him to give a his opponent a tough match and he should win a set, but his opponent will have too much class in the end

Edited by owenclass

4 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Good that they have a roof to close on Arthur Ashe stadium. Did think it was only Halle and Wimbledon that had closable roofs.

Yep! There's actually a few more of those out there - I can think of Australian Open (think they have two now actually), Hamburg, Prostejov Challenger, Madrid, Tokyo, some Chinese tournaments as well.

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Yep! There's actually a few more of those out there - I can think of Australian Open (think they have two now actually), Hamburg, Prostejov Challenger, Madrid, Tokyo, some Chinese tournaments as well.

I look at these players today and they are so lucky. As a 5 year old, I could hit the ball. My Dad was a tennis coach, but it was just a different time and space. Born 35 years later I definitely would have been a pro. 

Amazing how all these countries and facilities have progressed, while South Africa has just gone backwards in the sport to a point of non-existence. When I was a kid, the SA open was almost considered the 4th major (1970's). It had huge stature (look at the winners below). In the late 70's the Aussie Open found it's feet, and matured. Johan Kriek won 2 Aussie Opens, in a time when some of the top players never traveled to Australia to play. 

1969 Australia Rod Laver Netherlands Tom Okker 6–3, 10–8, 6–3
1970 Australia Rod Laver South Africa Frew McMillan 4–6, 6–2, 6–1, 6–2
1971 Australia Ken Rosewall Australia Fred Stolle 6–4, 6–0, 6–4
1972 United States Cliff Richey Spain Manuel Orantes 6–4, 7–5, 3–6, 6–4
1973 United States Jimmy Connors United States Arthur Ashe 6–4, 7–6, 6–3
1974 United States Jimmy Connors United States Arthur Ashe 7–6, 6–3, 6–1
1975 United States Harold Solomon United States Brian Gottfried 6–2, 6–4, 5–7, 6–1
1976 United States Harold Solomon United States Brian Gottfried 6–2, 6–7, 6–3, 6–4
1977 Argentina Guillermo Vilas United Kingdom Buster Mottram 7–6, 6–3, 6–4
1978 United States Tim Gullikson United States Harold Solomon 2–6, 7–6, 7–6, 6–7, 6–4
1979 Rhodesia Andrew Pattison Paraguay Víctor Pecci 2–6 6–3 6–2 6–3
1980 Australia Kim Warwick United States Fritz Buehning 6–2, 6–1, 6–2
1981 United States Vitas Gerulaitis United States Jeff Borowiak 6–4, 7–6, 6–1
1982 United States Vitas Gerulaitis Argentina Guillermo Vilas 7–6, 6–2, 4–6, 7–6

Today Ellis Park (SA open venue which is right next to Emirates Park where the Lions play Super Rugby) is a dump, in a nasty part of Jo'burg ! Lousy facilities and 3rd world infrastructure makes it a mission to go there. Can't compare it to the 1st world, and 1st world facilities.

Coming back to betting, Poullie just getting over the line.

I made some betting mistakes yesterday looking for action.

Some days just don't present the match ups and opportunities you need. You gotta just skip it and wait for better !

Far easier today .

Nikolas Mahut to win

Giles Simon to win

Del Potro to WIn

Gregor DImitrov to win

As a wild shot I would take Goerges to beat Venus WIlliams

Edited by neilovan

LOL on a funny note I watched a few games of M Zverev playing Sock. What a joke. Must have been the weakest men's player  to make it into the second round. He's at challenger level at best. Saw my money was screwed and went to sleep :beer 

Was looking at the head 2 head for David Ferrer v Fognini. Ferrer holds a 9-0 record . He has beaten him in straight sets the last 4 meetings. It's a terrible matchup for Fognini, because they play a similar style, and Ferrer will outlast him easily. 

Tsonga and Anderson match. Having watched the Pospisil v Anderson game, it was bizarre to see how well Anderson served on the big points. He would just bazooka Pospisil with three bombs, whenever the guy had a sniff. The man is a giraffe (6ft 8), and it's ridiculous to return 133mph bombs, delivered from that height. It's a combination of speed, height and angle. The huge advantage these guys have,  especially serving 1st, is they know they can hold their serve, so they have a 'freedom' to attack the opponents serve (Del Potro simiilar).  Anderson is very similar to Isner, but moves much better (Cilic is similar but better than both of them). I think it also may throw Tsonga off his game, where he tries to match serving power/speed (it's like playing golf against someone who hits it 30 meters past you every drive...your tendency is to hit the ball harder) . For me the 2.83 on Anderson to win here is the bet of the round.

Marin Cilic v Sock. Cilic all day here. He is just floating through matches, quick straight sets, gone. Reminds me of the adverts that they used to run at WImbledon time when Pete Sampras was dominating.  GET SET, GET SET, GET SET , GO !  He is also a giant (6ft 6) in the prime of his life :ok . His form is unreal, coming off a win in Cincinnati, which is so similar to NY weather wise (beating Murray, Dimitrov, Coric, Berdych, Verdasco, Troicki for an $800k payday ). Cilic has won the last 8 sets he has played .  

I have a strange feeling that Novak is really going to struggle with Youzny. I think Youzny could easily win at least 1 set. Not sure if the walkover against Vesely really helped Djokovic that much. He would have liked to work in a solid win, but is probably grateful for no wear on the tires. Youzny has nothing to lose here, and that makes him dangerous. Also, when he wants he can really play !

Edited by neilovan

Okay I've never commented here, i'm a longtime tennis tipster, like CzechPunter from Czech (if so?). But now i need to. 

I wouldn't touch Anderson at any price. He's in my top3 blacklisted players who you can't never rely on (with Paire and Fognini). You never know how this guy wakes up and what he can do. 

And if your bet is based on Anderson's serve, Tsonga is 37-13 vs big servers and 3:0 h2h. 

Be aware man, anyway GL! 

Just now, tomagio said:

Okay I've never commented here, i'm a longtime tennis tipster, like CzechPunter from Czech (if so?). But now i need to. 

I wouldn't touch Anderson at any price. He's in my top3 blacklisted players who you can't never rely on (with Paire and Fognini). You never know how this guy wakes up and what he can do. 

And if your bet is based on Anderson's serve, Tsonga is 37-13 vs big servers and 3:0 h2h. 

Be aware man, anyway GL! 

I am probably a little biased (being South African), but I am not impressed with Tsonga. The man has it all. Athletic ability, talent and  speed, but his mentality has held him back. He goes walkabout often, and is a 'showbinkie' ! :) .... an entertainer (so similar to Monfils for me). They pander to the crowd, instead of being 100% focused on playing and winning.

13 minutes ago, neilovan said:

I am probably a little biased (being South African), but I am not impressed with Tsonga. The man has it all. Athletic ability, talent and  speed, but his mentality has held him back. He goes walkabout often, and is a 'showbinkie' ! :) .... an entertainer (so similar to Monfils for me). They pander to the crowd, instead of being 100% focused on playing and winning.

I do not think you have been biased in any way. You have simply told it as it is, where I would have had a lot worse to say. Tsonga really reminds me of the typical school bully who easily bullies everyone around until he is stood up to. With the muscular build, skills, and power, he should be standing up to the very best in the game. I remember years ago when Tsonga's game was clearly ahead of Murray's game. How far Murray has really travelled ahead now. Tsonga is only good at beating people that he should beat. One should really never back any mediocre player in the hope of upsetting Tsonga. He still manages to win such matches amid serious drifting in the betting and fatigue. He is now at a point in his career where tennis is just a job. He does not have to aspire to achieve the extraordinary, rather just does enough to get the cash coming in. Architypal specimen of a flop.

Edited by liquidglass

18 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

I do not think you have been biased in any way. You have simply told it as it is, where I would have had a lot worse to say. Tsonga really reminds me of the typical school bully who easily bullies everyone around until he is stood up to. With the muscular build, skills, and power, he should be standing up to the very best in the game. I remember years ago when Tsonga's game was clearly ahead of Murray's game. How far Murray has really travelled ahead now. Tsonga is only good at beating people that he should beat. One should really never back any mediocre player in the hope of upsetting Tsonga. He still manages to win such matches amid serious drifting in the betting and fatigue. He is now at a point in his career where tennis is just a job. He does not have to aspire to achieve the extraordinary, rather just does enough to get the cash coming in. Architypal specimen of a flop.

I think it's wrong to compare him to a bully, because I am pretty sure he is a really nice person to hang out with. I always thought Murray was a sad sack, but my brother met him at last years US open, and was amazed when he came over and said hello and greeted everyone. Very personable. He's gotta have some strong human qualities to be Novak Djokovic's best man, but sometimes people emit a different persona to who they are.

Kei Nishikori/Karen Khachanov over 29.5 games at 1.90 with bet365

Easy pick here. Kei won in first round against Benjamin Becker 3-1. And once again as huge favorite to win, can actually say absolute favorite, from point of view of bookmakers, but in my opinion it wasn't that way because I was worried Becker would be able to take a set so I kept myself away from the match.

Now considering that he will have to play against young fella Karen, most talented upcoming russian player for now who is progressing really fast, currently 95th on ATP list and playing some really good tennis, has an awesome serve, tall (198 cm), with explosive forehand, massive plays. So I believe he can pressure and parry Kei easily from time to time and I acctually think Khachanov will have his chances to take a set here. So picking over 29.5 games which might even come in without Karen taking a set.

Edited by four-leaf

For me Lendl is the catalyst for Murray's resurgence. He just stops his nonsense, period. Murray was getting to the point of ridicule for his outbursts towards  Delgado and  Mauresmo.  Lendl doesn't tolerate it for a second, and it is showing. For me Murray is the only one of the top 4 that has grown as a player in the last 12 months. Novak has peaked. Federer is a fading star, Nadal is brutalizing his body to a point of breakdown. He had this terrible weakness of starting slowly, and drifting in matches. Does not happen any more. Next few years is Murray time !

Alessandro Giannessi/Stan Wawrinka under 27.5 games 1.90 bet365

Stan ranked 3 beat Fernando Verdasco in round one and played some really solid stuff against a dangerous opponent who had beaten him before but Stan played a perfect match and was'nt broken once. Stan had some problems with his back before and had to pass on the olympics but he's showed now that his back is fine again. To be in second round for Alessandro who is ranked 243 it's a great result. He passed through qualies and beat Denis Kudla in 5 sets in round one. His best result in his entire career. Alessandro is ofcourse not not even close to Stans calibre and will most likely be finished off in 3 quick sets. For Stan the goal is to finish the game as quick as possible and get some rest for round 3.

Edited by four-leaf

A couple of match bets for tomorrow.

Marcos Baghdatis to beat Ryan Harrison @ 1.80 1xBet

Harrison got arguably the win of his career against Raonic in the last round and backing it up is often a tough proposition so I'll go against the American in this one. Baghdatis has plenty of experience and looks in good touch just now, only losing in recent times when losing was expected. The win against Paire was a good one considering the talent the Frenchman has, and Baghdatis will need to play well again to get the better of Harrison whose form during this hard court swing has been formidable. The Cypriot often raises his game for the big tournaments though and I think he'll have enough to edge this.

Anastasija Sevastova to beat Kateryna Bondarenko @ 2.18 5Dimes

I'd imagine this has been priced up on the basis of the previous meeting between these two at the start of the year, but personally I would have Sevastova as the favourite here. Her win against Muguruza was impressive, although it has to be said that the Spaniard seems to still be in the midst of a French Open hangover, whilst Bondarenko laboured against Zheng. Both players have spent time away from Tennis and the fact that they both chose to come back shows their desire, but right now I think Sevastova is the more talented player and so I'm happy to back her at odds against.

Edited by Torque

John Isner vs Kyle Edmund

Over 41.5 games 4/5 games 

Isner to win 3-1 5/2 paddy power

I think Edmunds opponent will just win this match, as i think his serve will make the difference, also he will have the home crowd behind him which is a big advantage, and i just feel Edmunds returns wont be good enough to beat him

Edited by owenclass

Back Marcos Baghdatis to beat Ryan Harrison at 1.73 with Skybet

I'm tremendously happy that Harrison upset Raonic, but this might be a bridge too far with a completely different obstacle at hand. Baghdatis isn't as one-dimensional as Raonic, he's going to mix and match things and that will really trouble the American in my opinion. I'm not saying that he's without a chance here, far from it, but I wouldn't have the Cypriot above 1.57 here.

Back Marin Cilic (-4.5) to beat Jack Sock at 1.91 with Paddy Power

This might be the highlight of the day on the men's side of things - or it might not considering how the forms of the two contrast. Cilic is flying high and he might even be a legitimate contender for the title in all honesty, while Sock could've easily lost against Fritz in the first round before getting a cake draw in the second. The Croat should take this and I think that he's going to take it easily enough as well more often than not.

Back Rafael Nadal (-7.5) to beat Alexander Kuznetsov at 1.91 with Paddy Power

Kuznetsov might have been able to keep things close against Nadal a couple of times in the past, but that was against the struggling version of Nadal, not against this rejuvenated one. The Spaniard is once again starting to peak and, while I don't know how well he will do against top opposition, his game works wonders against the more average of players and I can't see the Russian stopping him right now.

Back Roberta Vinci (-3.5) to beat Carina Witthoeft at 1.73 with BetVictor

Fair play to Witthoeft for getting here, but I'm afraid that Vinci could be a little bit of a nightmare for her with her tricky playing style that Witthoeft doesn't have much experience playing against. I was surprised to see Vinci crushing McHale and it does show that she's on a roll right now, so I'll give her a go on the games handicap here.

Back Caroline Wozniacki (-3.5) to beat Monica Niculescu at 1.75 with BetVictor

What a match Wozniacki played against Kuznetsova - it was her best performance for a very long time and that deserves a lot of respect. She will now be facing one of her best match-ups in Monica Niculescu and, considering that she's 12-0 against her in terms of sets, I think that she'll be able to get the job done comfortably. It's also worth noting that Niculescu had a medical timeout for whatever reason against Bogdan.

Back Naomi Osaka to beat Madison Keys at 6.00 with Ladbrokes

Upset special for the day and one that has a realistic chance of coming in imo considering that anything can happen when two ball-bashers meet. Both Keys and Osaka can hit the ball with raw power and serve well, so, if Osaka can get stuck in early on, she could have every chance of winning with Keys getting nervous and everything. The American also seemed to be struggling with some medical issues in the first round and those might appear once again if she gets pushed, so I feel that 6.00 is a bit too much against her.

Back Emilio Gomez (+3.5) to beat Nicolas Kicker at 1.83 with Paddy Power

Might be a bit strange to bet on Challenger when there's a Grand Slam going on, but there you go, I think that there's value in this one, as Kicker seemed to be tiring in the previous round, which is understandable considering that it's been tough for him having to travel from New York and adapt to completely different conditions. He nearly lost against a much weaker opponent than Gomez, who seems to be firing nicely right now, so I expect him to keep it tight at the very least.

Belinda Bencic to beat Johanna Konta at 2.20 with bet365

Belinda seems to be back to shape again since she impressed after beating Andrea Petkovic in straight sets. The head to head is 2-1 for Belinda after she's beaten Johanna last season in Eastbourne and once on hardcourt in Acapulco 2014. Johannas only win came in straight sets 2014 on the grass of Eastbourne. Maybe Johanna should have lost to Pironkova but she weathered the storm after a long injury break where she had problems with the heat I think. Against Belinda who seems to be back into some better form it should be even harder.

Naomi Osaka what a typhoon!  I extremely fancy her style

Plus i am always skeptic about Keys potential 

Osaka +5.5 games to beat Keys @1.90 offered by tipico

Another one is the OVER 36.5 games @Pouille/Bautista match

@1.85 offered by tipico

I expect to see four sets minimum

Both very good selections according to my criteria

ciao! 

3 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Back Marcos Baghdatis to beat Ryan Harrison at 1.73 with Skybet

I'm tremendously happy that Harrison upset Raonic, but this might be a bridge too far with a completely different obstacle at hand. Baghdatis isn't as one-dimensional as Raonic, he's going to mix and match things and that will really trouble the American in my opinion. I'm not saying that he's without a chance here, far from it, but I wouldn't have the Cypriot above 1.57 here.

Back Marin Cilic (-4.5) to beat Jack Sock at 1.91 with Paddy Power

This might be the highlight of the day on the men's side of things - or it might not considering how the forms of the two contrast. Cilic is flying high and he might even be a legitimate contender for the title in all honesty, while Sock could've easily lost against Fritz in the first round before getting a cake draw in the second. The Croat should take this and I think that he's going to take it easily enough as well more often than not.

Back Rafael Nadal (-7.5) to beat Alexander Kuznetsov at 1.91 with Paddy Power

Kuznetsov might have been able to keep things close against Nadal a couple of times in the past, but that was against the struggling version of Nadal, not against this rejuvenated one. The Spaniard is once again starting to peak and, while I don't know how well he will do against top opposition, his game works wonders against the more average of players and I can't see the Russian stopping him right now.

Back Roberta Vinci (-3.5) to beat Carina Witthoeft at 1.73 with BetVictor

Fair play to Witthoeft for getting here, but I'm afraid that Vinci could be a little bit of a nightmare for her with her tricky playing style that Witthoeft doesn't have much experience playing against. I was surprised to see Vinci crushing McHale and it does show that she's on a roll right now, so I'll give her a go on the games handicap here.

Back Caroline Wozniacki (-3.5) to beat Monica Niculescu at 1.75 with BetVictor

What a match Wozniacki played against Kuznetsova - it was her best performance for a very long time and that deserves a lot of respect. She will now be facing one of her best match-ups in Monica Niculescu and, considering that she's 12-0 against her in terms of sets, I think that she'll be able to get the job done comfortably. It's also worth noting that Niculescu had a medical timeout for whatever reason against Bogdan.

Back Naomi Osaka to beat Madison Keys at 6.00 with Ladbrokes

Upset special for the day and one that has a realistic chance of coming in imo considering that anything can happen when two ball-bashers meet. Both Keys and Osaka can hit the ball with raw power and serve well, so, if Osaka can get stuck in early on, she could have every chance of winning with Keys getting nervous and everything. The American also seemed to be struggling with some medical issues in the first round and those might appear once again if she gets pushed, so I feel that 6.00 is a bit too much against her.

Back Emilio Gomez (+3.5) to beat Nicolas Kicker at 1.83 with Paddy Power

Might be a bit strange to bet on Challenger when there's a Grand Slam going on, but there you go, I think that there's value in this one, as Kicker seemed to be tiring in the previous round, which is understandable considering that it's been tough for him having to travel from New York and adapt to completely different conditions. He nearly lost against a much weaker opponent than Gomez, who seems to be firing nicely right now, so I expect him to keep it tight at the very least.

I think quality over quantity would work better, particularly now you've stopped stating how many 'points' to stake on each bet.

For me the beauty of men's major tennis is that it's over 5 sets. It removes the rough edges, and over such a long game, the better player normally prevails. Also, there is a latent effect of fatigue that accumulates. Just weird to see Simon go belly up yesterday. At one stage he dropped his serve 7 times in 9 tries, which say's he was carrying an injury. Dimitrov showed some heart

4 Bankers for me.

Cilic over Sock. To much power, in a mismatch !

Del Potro over Ferrer especially after Ferrer went 5 sets yesterday. Del Potro cruised to easy/low stress victory yesterday.

Agut over Poullie . I liked Poullie to go far, but he's also had two brutal games back to back.  I thought he would walk over Chiudinelli, but he dug himself a big hole. Takes mega effort to get out of it. Agut has been rock solid , and should be much fresher.

Dimitrov , low priced against Sousa, but showed some serious heart to come back and win last 2 sets 64 62. For me it's a terrible match up for Sousa. 

I think John Isner will struggle against Edmund. He's had a 5 setter and a 4 setter and there have been no easy sets in 9. Against Darcis, the trainer was on for knee trouble. Pity the weather is so mild today, because a hot day would push him into the red zone. For me Escobedo was a beautiful matchup for Edmund, a nice warm up for this game. Edmund to win it. He must stay out there and grind Isner down :)

On an offbeat note, I hope Kyrgios loses. For me he's a human cockroach :moon, on the same level (or lower) as Tomic :moon.  They disrespect the game, their opponents and themselves :eyes:@:eyes

Edited by neilovan

1 hour ago, neilovan said:

For me the beauty of men's major tennis is that it's over 5 sets. It removes the rough edges, and over such a long game, the better player normally prevails. Also, there is a latent effect of fatigue that accumulates. Just weird to see Simon go belly up yesterday. At one stage he dropped his serve 7 times in 9 tries, which say's he was carrying an injury. Dimitrov showed some heart

4 Bankers for me.

Cilic over Sock. To much power, in a mismatch !

Del Potro over Ferrer especially after Ferrer went 5 sets yesterday. Del Potro cruised to easy/low stress victory yesterday.

Agut over Poullie . I liked Poullie to go far, but he's also had two brutal games back to back.  I thought he would walk over Chiudinelli, but he dug himself a big hole. Takes mega effort to get out of it. Agut has been rock solid , and should be much fresher.

Dimitrov , low priced against Sousa, but showed some serious heart to come back and win last 2 sets 64 62. For me it's a terrible match up for Sousa. 

I think John Isner will struggle against Edmund. He's had a 5 setter and a 4 setter and there have been no easy sets in 9. Against Darcis, the trainer was on for knee trouble. Pity the weather is so mild today, because a hot day would push him into the red zone. For me Escobedo was a beautiful matchup for Edmund, a nice warm up for this game. Edmund to win it. He must stay out there and grind Isner down :)

On an offbeat note, I hope Kyrgios loses. For me he's a human cockroach :moon, on the same level (or lower) as Tomic :moon.  They disrespect the game, their opponents and themselves :eyes:@:eyes

I wouldn't be certain about Simon. His serve has always been fragile. I've always thought he drops it far too often for a top player. That said, he should be beating the likes of Lorenzi on a hard court given that Lorenzi spends most of his time on clay at Challenger level. Good luck with your bets. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts about different matches and players. Nice to get a fresh voice in this forum.

Edited by Torque

14 minutes ago, Torque said:

I wouldn't be certain about Simon. His serve has always been fragile. I've always thought he drops it far too often for a top player. That said, he should be beating the likes of Lorenzi on a hard court given that Lorenzi spends most of his time on clay at Challenger level. Good luck with your bets. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts about different matches and players. Nice to get a fresh voice in this forum.

I really cannot remember when I last saw Isner wilting from fatigue. in fact Isner and Tsonga can always be relied on to maintain the tempo in this sort of weather. Edmund just has to come with an authentic game cos Isner will not give him nothing especially on American soil

Back Ivo Karlovic to beat Jared Donaldson at 1.57 with Skybet

Just this one for me on Saturday, can't see much in the card. In any case, I think that Donaldson is finally bound to fall here after what's been a tremendous run. Karlovic, however, is a match-up that he might not like, since he isn't going to get any rhythm and rallies to build confidence in. Karlovic will just go on minding his business and I'm not sure that Donaldson will be able to hold six times in a row and reach tie-break without much sweat. 3-1 with a couple of tie-breaks perhaps?

Funny day today, taking some hits. Can't win them all I suppose. Lost a few bet's but still have some lines in the water. On day's like today you realize how important it  is to spread the risk, by not falling in love with any bet.   

Regarding Donaldson, I did'nt see the games, but was amazed at how many break points and break opportunities he has had. I would be scared to back Karlovic here. Having a suspect day, and Donaldson is on the run of his life ...

Edited by neilovan