** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2016

BETs 1 2 3 down the drain. 

Bet 5 a winner, don't know why coric retires after 7 games.

Bet 4 looks tp be a winner.

Bernard Tomic, friggin oxygen thief. I must have rocks for brains betting 1 cent on that clown. 

Is it the standard way that if a player is retires, the bet is scratched ?

Fine for me, but my Tpsarevich, Giannessi , COric treble went from 26-1 to 10 to 1. Still wins, but a lot less.

Domic Theim also got over the line with Mathieu,Sousa and Simon. 

Georges smacked Wickmayer 2 and 3

9 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Is it the standard way that if a player is retires, the bet is scratched ?

Fine for me, but my Tpsarevich, Giannessi , COric treble went from 26-1 to 10 to 1. Still wins, but a lot less.

Domic Theim also got over the line with Mathieu,Sousa and Simon. 

Georges smacked Wickmayer 2 and 3

Depends on the bookie, different rules to be found out there.

1 hour ago, WinningTipster said:

1 PICK FOR THE US OPEN:

WTA KEYS-DAY 2:0 SETS @ 1.32 pinnacle
Despite a difficulties win over Riske in the first round, expect it to be an easy win for Keys against local 16 years old wild-card player

I do not doubt a keys win knowing Keys is the more experienced of the two. However you need to know your tennis well to be able to make robust comments that could end up misleading people terribly.  Day is not just an ordinary local wild card as you so mildly put it. Day is a hugely talented and popular 16yr old in the same pedigree as keys. Some whisperers even believe a huger potential. Day has also has some impressive recent results to suggest that she could hang in long enough to bring punters to ruin. It would be careless to just dismiss the chances of  one who has beaten the likes of Broady and a few other good players. In fact I see tremendous value in Day over 5.5 games 4/5. I think the bookies have underrated this one as well as HARRISONI/RAONIC over 32.5. Harrison in potent form. GL

Back Marcos Baghdatis to beat Benoit Paire at 1.57 with Skybet

I might love Paire for his character, but he hasn't been made for this longer format, as he just seems unable to keep his focus throughout. He was on the verge of losing against Lajovic in the first round before the Serb started to cramp, but that probably isn't going to happen to Baghdatis, who saved a lot of energy against Bagnis and who's played very decently in recent times as well. Baghdatis may be the less talented player of the two, but he's got both form and attitude on his side here.

Back Svetlana Kuznetsova to beat Caroline Wozniacki at 1.44 with Skybet

Unless she gets injured, Kuznetsova isn't losing this given how the two are playing at the moment. Wozniacki has been a train-wreck recently and her decision to fire her coach two days before the US Open speaks volumes about where she's at. Kuznetsova, on the other hand, is having some sort of a renaissance season and she's also on a winning streak against Woz, having already beaten her in this year's Wimbledon. Also - while the Russian strolled past Schiavone in the first round, Wozniacki could've lost against Townsend.

Back Monica Niculescu to beat Ana Bogdan at 1.50 with BetVictor

In all honesty, Bogdan is very lucky to still be here, as Cirstea had something like 6-0 5-2 against her in the first round before collapsing. Niculescu, on the other hand, upset Barbora Strycova and this is a match she should like from the match-up point of view, as Bogdan doesn't seem to be the best of movers. She can play well, no doubts about that, but Niculescu will draw the unforced errors from her more often than not and that should be the deciding factor in the end.

Back Ryan Harrison to beat Milos Raonic at 9.00 with Ladbrokes

In theory, Raonic should just stroll through this one and I wouldn't be shocked if he did, but I feel that Harrison has a decent chance here considering how well he's been playing recently. He will always be lacklustre, but he's got an uncanny ability to get a surprise against the big guys every now and then and this is an excellent chance for him imo. He's already beaten Cilic in this season, he's also taken a set off Berdych, he's playing at home and Raonic has done nothing noteworthy since Wimbledon, so, all in all, this feels more like a 5.00 shot than a 9.00 one. Not sure about the handicap or the overs, as Raonic can crush Harrison, but, if the American makes it a game, it should be a good one.

Johanna Larsson to beat Denisa Allertova at 1.53 with bet365

I'll take Johanna any day here. Allertova just managed to beat Ana Ivanovic due to Anas lack of form. Should be a straight sets win for Johanna just like her win against Karin Knapp. She can and should build on her form from New Haven and I also think she could play an even contest against Serena Williams.

Looking at upcoming games, one matchup I like is Jared Donaldson against V Troicki.         

Many good things on his side. He's 19 years old, so full of energy and fast recovery.        

He came through the qualifiers when Del Potro was given a wild card, so he brings serious good form into this match.  

Comes off a monster win against Goffin                

Up against an opponent that had a really tough 5 setter ( 54 game match in the heat)        

3 hours ago, four-leaf said:

I'd like to know also, so neilovan what do you got today?

Sorry, thought I had posted the above reply but I had not saved it.

I like 3 games coming up.

Mikail Youzny to beat Pella

Lukas Poullie  is my dark horse to go deep. He is lousy price of 2 to 10 but I think he wins easily.

My other sleeper, who has so much talent, and athletic ability is Gregor Dimitrov.  He gets his head together and starts to believe, he can beat anyone !

He plays Chardy and he should win. The treble is not  much but its 12 to 10 and looks solid.

As an outsider I like Zverev to beat Jack Sock. Sock went walkabouts against Talor Fritz, and it cost him at least 2 extra sets on court. They guy served like a club player (15 doubles, which is a joke at this level). Zverev is only 19 but a serious up and comer.

I GOT THE WRONG ZVEREV !

If I was betting woman's games, I would only look for upsets. 2 possible ones are;

I think that Allertova at 2.49 is good value to beat  Larsson (gotta be feeling great after knocking out Ivanovic/Schweinsteiger).

I is possible Venus Williams could get her marching orders from Camila Georges. AT 3.37 Georges is also great value.

Edited by neilovan

4 minutes ago, neilovan said:

As an outsider I like Zverev to beat Jack Sock. Sock went walkabouts against Talor Fritz, and it cost him at least 2 extra sets on court. They guy served like a club player (15 doubles, which is a joke at this level). Zverev is only 19 but a serious up and comer.

No offense, but I'm afraid that Zverev is 29 and not going places anymore.

8 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

No offense, but I'm afraid that Zverev is 29 and not going places anymore.

I look at this http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/players/alexander-zverev/z355/player-activity page and they say he is 19 ?

AH S__t, its a different Zverev :@ ffs.

Edited by neilovan

8 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

lol yes It's Mischa Zverev you're looking for..

LOL did'nt read the matchup properly. Did'nt cost me that much. I had him in a double with Vesely  to beat Djokivik). Vesely has withdrawn

27 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Sorry, thought I had posted the above reply but I had not saved it.

I like 3 games coming up.

Mikail Youzny to beat Pella

Lukas Poullie  is my dark horse to go deep. He is lousy price of 2 to 10 but I think he wins easily.

My other sleeper, who has so much talent, and athletic ability is Gregor Dimitrov.  He gets his head together and starts to believe, he can beat anyone !

He plays Chardy and he should win. The treble is not  much but its 12 to 10 and looks solid.

I GOT THE WRONG ZVEREV !

If I was betting woman's games, I would only look for upsets. 2 possible ones are;

I think that Allertova at 2.49 is good value to beat  Larsson (gotta be feeling great after knocking out Ivanovic/Schweinsteiger).

I is possible Venus Williams could get her marching orders from Camila Georges. AT 3.37 Georges is also great value.

I don't like that your against my countrywoman Johanna Larsson. She is playing extremely well at the moment and she also brings that form to the doubles with Kiki Bertens where they just knocked out Doi/Lepchenko in straight sets. I think Johanna can beat the injury plagued Denisa Allertova in straight sets. I'd be surprised to see a 3 set match there from what I've seen Larsson produce in New Haven.

2 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Ye well she reels of 6 straight games to take the first set. That's remarcable considering how she's been playing lately.

Screw the result, it's how flat she's hitting her forehands. Haven't seen her like that for a very long time - too bad she found that form in a match in which I'm opposing her.

Steve Johnson seems to have dropped his form right in time for US open or it all started against Dimitrov in Cincinatti and I think we might see a straight sets win for Juan Martin Del Potro when they go head-to-head since the argie has really got back to his former level of play.

Janko Tipsarevic to beat Pablo Carreno-Busta at 3.00 with bet365

Janko really seems to have found some good form again and will defenitely be able to produce a good showing against Pablo. Sam Querrey did'nt have mutch to say and neither will Pablo. Could'nt see the match Ilya Ivashka - Pablo C-B but from what I saw on the livescore Pablo must have played terrible, clearly fatigued, but eventually won the match probably through Ivashkas lack of experience. I was on Pablo against Roberto Bautista-Agut but I will defenitely be against him in this one.