** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

August 22 - August 28

The odds kept on dropping before she folded :loon. Onto the US Open now, but I'll have one Challenger pick for today.

Back Viktor Galovic to beat Mikael Ymer at 1.40 with Ladbrokes

Mikael is the younger of the Ymer's brothers and he's slightly more experienced on hard courts, while Galovic is more about clay courts. That isn't the only reason for this bet, however. The main reason is that - while Galovic has been playing all year long - this will be Ymer's very first match of the year. I'm sure that he's talented and that he's trained quite a bit, but he lost to plenty of worse players on clay last year and Galovic hasn't been all that dreadful recently, so I'd be shocked to see him win this.

Pablo Carreno Busta to beat Roberto Bautista-Agut for a 7/10 stake at 3.00 with bet365

Seems to be Pablos tournament this one. The guy is in great form and shines of self confidence. He is yet to drop a set and will continue playing his winning game as he's done versus Millman, Kuznetsov, Cuevas and Struff. Toughest match so far ofcourse for him and Roberto won their last and only encounter so far and it was by 3-2 in the US open last year. Anyway Pablo has shown this season that he's only getting better and better on both clay and hardcourt. I don't know what was up with Roberto yesterday as he choked the second set against Troicki and he's played a lot of three set matches this tournament and doesn't seem to be in the form to win this tournament when he's up against a tough opponent as Pablo.

Back Chanon Phunsawat to beat Sergey Betov at 10.00 with Skybet

Alright, allow me to explain this one and why I'm going to chance Phunsawat - and why you might as well for smaller stakes. I don't know anything about Phunsawat apart from the fact that he upset someone in the first round (at 3.50 or so) of the qualifiers on Saturday and that he's a home player, but it's more about Betov really. Firstly, he's not a great player from what I've seen, he's probably stuck to early rounds of Challengers at most and that's what his results from 2016 suggest as well. Secondly, he was in Belarus on Friday, losing in a home Futures tournament semis, so there's the trip to Thailand after a painful loss. Thirdly, he's the first seed in the qualifiers and the main draw players have been dropping like flies, so there's a decent chance that he'll make it in even if he loses this. With all that in mind, it seems to me that it's ridiculous to have 10.00 against him. If everything is fine with Betov, he might win this 6-1 6-1, it certainly wouldn't shock me. But, with so many situational factors in play, this deserves a play.

Back Fabiano De Paula to beat Mikael Ymer at 2.50 with Ladbrokes

Will be going for this despite Ymer beating Galovic yesterday. I wouldn't with the odds below 2.00, but to have De Paula at 2.50 isn't right. I've been tracking the lad since the Trnava Challenger and he looks pretty good on clay I have to say, he was even able to trouble tired Daniel and then beat Gigounon easily yesterday, which is a much better result than beating Galovic in a final set tie-break.