** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Nap Competition - Sunday 21st Aug 2016

3.45 Curragh

US Army Ranger 11/8 Paddy Power

The Aidan O'Brien trained 3yo US Army Ranger looks good here receiving 10lb from his market rival Fascinating Rock. That horse beat Found last time out but that form isn't the greatest in my opinion and the youngster should be able to take this Group 3 contest on his way to bigger things. He was 2nd in the Derby and that form is stacking up well and the O'Brien camp know plenty about Fascinating Rock.

2.30 Brighton Taajub 0.50 ew @ 20/1 boylesports

Had some useful snippets of form last season that would see him go very close here. Has done very little this season  but a close look at his form suggests that he followed a similar pattern last season I.e three quiet runs followed by a return to form. Last time out was over the wrong trip and before that was done by the draw and raced in an isolated trio (of which he won). He is on a decent mark, a lower grade and back over 5f looks overpriced.

Bri 2.30 -  Extraslar - win at 9/2 bog wm hill

5F handicap

My ran well last time after a couple of poor efforts and maybe showed signs that he's running into form

Has won at the track and is a pound below his last winning mark so is ready to win when he hits form

Tends to come from behind and the race could be set up for him with a couple of front runners likely to take each other on and guarantee a fast pace