** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps Competition, Sunday 14th August 2016

3.15 Ponty - Riptide - win at 9/2 bog bet365

long distance handicap

my selection is a veteran now and hasn't won for 2 years but this looks a lot easier than the races he's been running in and he tends to go well here.

The horses at the top of the market don't strike me as being suited to this trip and track and I think they could be calling 'enough' whilst my fellow is running on up the hill

2.55 Deauville: Prix Jacques Le Marois (Group 1)

What a race in prospect! Several classy milers go to post at Deauville this afternoon and that makes it hard to pick a winner.

2000 Guineas hero Galileo Gold is the 7/4 favourite and has the form in the book to have a big say once again, though the has been on the go for a while now and this might be one race too many.

He meets Godolphin’s Ribchester again, who was a strong finishing third, only a shoulder behind Galileo Gold, in the Sussex Stakes last month. Ribchester is rapidly improving and a first top level success looms large.

Last years winner Esoterique has had a quiet year so far, though a recent fourth in the Prix Rothschild promises an upward form curve.

Vadamos already scored twice in Group company this year and rates a big danger – whether he is quite up to Group 1 standard remains to be seen. However he beat Ervedeya on her seasonal debut back in May.

These two go head to head here today – Vadamos with better recent form. Ervedeya, a three times Group 1 winner, seemed to need the run on reappearance but was a surprising no-show in the Queen Anne Stakes. She has to be back to her best to feature today.

That says I keep faith with her. She’s a brilliant filly on her day and if she can improve from those last two runs she must have a proper chances of beating the boys here.

Selection: Ervedeya @ 8/1 Ladbrokes