** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

My Match Day 2 predictions

Championship.

Aston Villa to LOSE

Barnsley to LOSE

Burton Albion to LOSE

Newcastle to WIN

Norwich to WIN

Wigan to DRAW

League 1

Wimbledon / Bolton - AW

Bristol Rovers / Oxford - DRAW

Charlton / Northampton - HW

M.K.Dons to DRAW

League 2

Colchester to WIN

Crewe to WIN

Doncaster to WIN

Cheltenham to DRAW

Blackpool to WIN

Grimsby to WIN

Those of you who are following the '' Fibonacci ''system will know that the first two stages of the system are both 1 unit  bet - won or lost - it's from stage 3 that the betting unit increases.

On 11/08/2016, 14:03:54, sajtion said:

what is this

Hi sajtion, let me explain, I am following the '' Fibonacci System '' to the letter. I have linked it to my own strategy, and my strategy is - I chose the 3 teams relegated from the Premiership last season + 3 promoted from League 1. The 3 teams relegated from the Championship + 4 promoted from League 2. The 4 teams relegated from League 1 + 2 promoted from the National League. These make up the 19 teams which I bet individual stakes on every week but only on their league matches.

I use the Football Index Ratings and statistics from the weekly paper called Racing & Football Outlook ( which comes out every Tuesday - and is also available on line ), whilst also using my own extensive knowledge to make my decision if each match will be a Home Win / Draw / or Away Win. Every team has a overall rating + a rating for Home & Away and these ratings can and do change every week depending on each teams last result and it takes into account the quality of the opposing teams.

However, there are exceptions. For example, when Aston Villa play Wigan - there is in effect a 2 division gap between them as Villa were relegated from the Premiership whereas Wigan were promoted from League 1 - so the obvious bet would be a Home Win. But Villa are in terrible turmoil and not guaranteed to get promotion back to the Premiership. So Wigan would be a good bet.

interesting...i am not familiar with this system but i will look it up. if you play 19 why don't you go for big money? i played 21 straight accumulator once and if it wasn't for two games i would have got  4 million although my wager was no more than £5. there is no system to my selection just a little scan of media, gut feeling and inner belief. i am now trying to wager more and keep it within 15 selections. i'm getting there :)

My local Bookmakers is Ladbrokes and the maximum number of selections you can include in a accumulator is 16 but last weekend I challenged them and they said I can select up to 22 but it has to be input manually by one of the staff.

This weeks 19 teams are covered by 16 matches so I can put it on the weekend quickslip without any problem.

Still no form but after a poor midweek on the cup ties, I'll give it another go!!

Going to keep it sensible again,

Derby 21/20 at Barnsley, despite Barnsley having a spirited showing at Ipswich they followed that up with a 2-1 home defeat against Northampton in the cup. Derby will be in the top 6 and I can see them following up their 0-0 draw with Brighton with a win today.

Gillingham 23/20 at home to Bury, strange start to the season for Gillingham, both their games have been against Southend, at Roots Hall and they have won both 3-1, after going behind in both games!! I think Bury will have a decent season but I can't see them winning here today. Gillingham all the way.

Peterborough 6/4 at home to Bradford. Peterborough have been amongst the goals in their 2 games, 6 in 2, where as Bradford have scored 0 in their 2 so far, although they haven't conceded either.

Coventry 23/20 take on Shrewsbury at home. Expecting a bit better from Coventry this season, Shrewsbury are no great shakes and I would them to struggle. Coventry recorded a good win in midweek in tough game against  Portsmouth and I know Shrewsbury beat a Championship side in the cup, they were outplayed for most of it (oh boy do I know they beat a Championship team, my team.) and didn't make a good start in the league with defeat to MK Dons.

All the best for today, lets hope to post some winners today.

God what an awful weekend betting wise. Nowhere near.

Advice on backing Newcastle after attending the Newcastle Huddersfield game today. They've now lost 2 on the spin and I'll be honest, they do not look very good, they look extremely pedestrian and teams will stop them playing, like we did yesterday. I wouldn't back them until they start showing some form, just the fact of them 'being Newcastle' will not win them games.

Edited by Kenton Schweppes