** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 2016/17 Play-Off Round

A new stage of the qualification process for this season's Champions League demands a new topic. Some great interaction and tips on the last one for the previous qualifying rounds.

ucl-playoff-1stleg.jpg.a0a2410684f2d0ca2

Odds courtesy of bet365.

Some fascinating ties there. Clubgowi successfully tipping Dundalk to do something in the last round. Is the tie against Legia Warsaw one game too far? Niceguy and Podosfairitis were also getting deeply involved in the tipping too. Interested to hear your views on these games.

Personally, if I had to back the 10 winners right now I would go Ajax, Celtic, FC Salzburg, Legia Warsaw, FC Copenhagen, Porto, Ludogorets, Manchester City, Villarreal, and Borussia M'Gladbach.

22 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

These ties are so hard to call at this stage. At a push I could cover an acca with Ajax, Manchester City, Legia Warsaw and Celtic which probably wouldn't pay much but the others....I'd be struggling to call.

Yeah. There are always 2-3 shocks as well. Either a team is complacent or a "lesser-known" club side have invested well and catch a team off guard. The more I think about it the more I think Celtic will be a surprise if they actually progress. They seem to be susceptible to a giant-killing.

I agree with you that bet365 have good odds, but for professional punters better options for unlimited winnings are big bookies. I use mollybet, because they connect all my accounts into one account. And for professional punters I share early odds of mollybet below.

16 Aug AFC Ajax  FK Rostov  1.75/3.3/4.85

16 Aug BSC Young Boys  Borussia Monchengladbach  3.3/3.25/2.15 

16 Aug FC København  APOEL Nicosia FC  1.41/4.4/7

16 Aug NK Dinamo Zagreb  Red Bull Salzburg  2.48/3.1/2.83

16 Aug Steaua Bucharest  Manchester City  6.6/4.1/1.46 

17 Aug Celtic FC  Hapoel Be'er Sheva FC  1.64/3.7/5 

17 Aug Dundalk FC  Legia Warszawa  3.65/3.25/2.01

17 Aug FC do Porto  AS Roma  2.38/3.1/2.97 

17 Aug FK Ludogorets Razgrad  FC Viktoria Plzeň  1.99/3.15/3.85 

17 Aug Villarreal CF  AS Monaco FC  2.01/3.2/3.7

I don't know, these matches are hard to predict. think I'll go for Dinamo vs Salzbug and Ajax vs Rostov both to score in both matches. 

1. Dinamo just scored 4 goals away at their biggest rivals but their defence can be suspicious at times, even at home. they conceded in their both home matches in domestic league so far and Salzburg, even though they aren't as good as they were 2 or 3 years ago, are far better than Inter and Belupo and have Soriano who scores for fun. also, Dinamo and Salzburg have played 5 times so far:

Dinamo : Salzburg 1-5

Salzburg : Dinamo 4-2

Dinamo : Salzburg 1-2

Salzburg : Dinamo 1-1

Salzburg : Dinamo 3-4

both to score - 1.85

2. as for these two... I pretty much rely on Ajax to concede because they did concede against every opponent they have played against this season. 2 against Roda today, 1 against Sparta last week, 1 against Paok at home and 1 against Paok away... on the other hand, I must admit I know nothing about Rostov, but like I've said, I'm relying mostly on famous dutch defense to be shit as always.

both to score - 2.00

BSC Young Boys v Mönchengladbach    

BSC Young Boys: Schick (0/0 m), Benito (0/0 d), Seferi (0/0 m), Gerndt (1/0 f), Joss (3/0 d), Sanogo (2/0 m), Von Bergen (2/0 d, probably out), Fekete (0/0 d)

Mönchengladbach: Schulz (8/0 m), Doucouré (d, newcomer), Dominguez (6/0 d), Drmic (13/1 f)

FC København v APOEL FC    

FC København: no absences

APOEL FC (last season): Tomas De Vincenti (26/15 m, 2nd top scorer, left the club)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

ucl1.jpg.d7ae43e83c98616812103164c848cba

The first leg matches are tonight and tomorrow night. Odds provided by bet365.

There are a few teams in this draw I simply don't trust. If pushed I would back them but the likes of Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb, and Celtic can sometimes come undone.

Porto vs Roma is the big game here. I think this could be a good draw to throw into the mix. Score draw perhaps?

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Porto vs Roma is the big game here. I think this could be a good draw to throw into the mix. Score draw perhaps?

Roma has excellent roster but I've seen Spalletti failing so many times in away fixtures in Europe because of his cowa...I mean, because of his cautious tactics that I tend to back Porto here. The odds on home win are going down though.

Really hate playing the "lesser known teams" in europe as this where we sometimes come unstuck ( celtic)

I don't know much of Hapoel Be'er but they must be a decent side to put the greeks out and win their domestic title. 

We really need to try keep a clean sheet. 

5 hours ago, Niceguy said:

Stats after match, say all about this game, Legia destroyed the Dundalk.

My prediction for the second leg is sure 1, and maybe 3+..

How exactly can below stats:

49 Possession (%) 51

3 Shots on target 4

3 Shots off target 3

be ever classified as "destruction", I will never know. Unless you mention fouls, where Legia indeed has dominated 20 to 8. Stay far away from the 3+ bet.

Edited by Qris
Addition of fouls

20 hours ago, Qris said:

How exactly can below stats:

49 Possession (%) 51

3 Shots on target 4

3 Shots off target 3

be ever classified as "destruction", I will never know. Unless you mention fouls, where Legia indeed has dominated 20 to 8. Stay far away from the 3+ bet.

Thank you for suggestion, but I believe that this game will be interesting ...
Because Dundalk must attack of start, and Legia can score goal through counterattack :) And then starts madhouse...

ucla.jpg.8de0ebcd391a8a13f1eb707a7688d36

Odds provided by bet365.

Right, lads, here we go. One game away from the group stages of the Champions League for these teams. A few teams such as Celtic, Legia Warsaw, Borussia Monchengladbach, and Manchester City appear to have done enough but there are still a few tight calls. What are you lads backing this week? Does anyone fancy Dundalk to upset the odds and beat Legia Warsaw by two goals or more in Poland?

Hapoel Be'er Sheva v Celtic FC

(All of the Hapoel’s foreign internationals were rested during the last weekend domestic league clash ahead of the second leg tie agains Celtic.)

Hapoel Be'er Sheva: Miguel Vitor (0/0 d), Ogu (0/0 m) (both probably in), Barda (0/0 f)

Celtic FC: Roberts (0/0 m, doubtful), Boyata (0/0 d), Simunovic (0/0 d), Commons (0/0 m), Mackay-Steven (0/0 m)

Viktoria Plzen v Ludogorets

Viktoria Plzen: Holenda (0/0 f, doubtful), Pilař (0/0 m)

Ludogorets: Prepelita (0/0 m), Anicet (1/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

UEFA Champions League: Hapoel Beer Sheva - Celtic FC

Celtic won the first leg 5-2 and looked out of sight at one stage at 3-0 early in that tie and on another night could have won by five, however and equally, they could have crumbled at 3-2 and again when the Israeli side were denied a penalty later in the game. We have seen them do so before and Brendan Rodgers, the head coach of the Scottish champions, said yesterday that those involved in last season's surrender to Malmo at this stage of the competition will not be unnerved by that disappointment. Adding:"I think a lot has been made of what's happened in the past and I've always said you have to embrace failure." He spent half the interview talking about this and for me,the loss in Sweden, and some other big collapses in the Champions League in recent campaigns, are clearly playing on his mind.

I think that this will be a very different game, Celtic were very fortunate not to lose at Astana, where they fought a rearguard action for most of the 90 minutes and they have won just 9 of 62 , including 2 of their last 14, away starts in Europe and have kept just two clean sheets in the last 20 ( in Azerbaijan and Iceland).Hapoel Beer Sheva have great confidence from their first domestic title in 40 years last season and head coach Barak Bakhar feels there is still life in this and rested key players for tonight in their league opener on Saturday.

HBS are a special team and have very much a them against us mentality domestically, Beersheba being in the "wilderness " of the South and their title win last season was described as "doing a Leicester City", which is a phrase we are going to hear far too much of ! Celtic can lose by 2 and still progress and I think they will look to keep this tight, which they are ill equipped and unused to doing and I expect the host to edge this narrowly and both teams to celebrate come the end of 90 minutes. The visitors also conceded two goals quickly from three up against St Johnstone at the weekend and sitting on a lead is not their forte.

Hapoel Beer Sheva -0.25 ball 2.07 asian line/Sportmarket

1 hour ago, Niceguy said:

Hi guys, similar my friend @StevieDay1983 I will share odds from mollybet via twitter @betinasia on the screenshot below...

But my prediction for these matches are:
Celtic - 2
Roma - 1
Legia - 1

Do you agree with that?

bia23.png

Just to clarify, @Niceguy, are those handicap bets you're choosing?

23 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Just to clarify, @Niceguy, are those handicap bets you're choosing?

Oh yesterday was a terrible night for punters! I made a big mistake with my prediction...
@StevieDay1983 - yeah, that is a one option, but if you want seriously, I will share on the screenshot below odds from big bookies via mollybet..
Example for match Tottenham - Liverpool!

I hope that I helped you :)

forumtop.png

1 hour ago, Niceguy said:

Oh yesterday was a terrible night for punters! I made a big mistake with my prediction...
@StevieDay1983 - yeah, that is a one option, but if you want seriously, I will share on the screenshot below odds from big bookies via mollybet..
Example for match Tottenham - Liverpool!

I hope that I helped you :)

forumtop.png

Yes, last night was poor. What are you hoping for tonight? I am gutted for Dundalk. When Legia Warsaw had their man sent off I thought it was destined to be but unfortunately not.

22 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yes, last night was poor. What are you hoping for tonight? I am gutted for Dundalk. When Legia Warsaw had their man sent off I thought it was destined to be but unfortunately not.

The last night was a better than previous. Unexpected for me, Rostov was beat Ajax, but I have a winnings on the matches Man City, Dynamo and Mönchengladbach and it's a big recovery after first night of second leg in playoff of Champions League.