** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Nap Competition - Thursday 4th August 2016

6.10 Wolverhampton

Hugh Taylor got there before me this morning with this selection, Andalusite was looking a big price earlier having drifted out to a double figure price but is still perfectly backable at current prices.

She got stuck in the mud at Leicester on handicap debut, much better latest at Chelmsford on AW debut. Up 3lb for that effort having pulled nicely clear of the 3rd but still looks improving and well treated, the form of that race hasn’t worked out that well but she is still lightly raced and could easily improve past most of these.

1pt win Andalusite 6/1 coral

8.25 Sandown: Fidelma Moon @ 7/2 Coral

This horse is quite consistent, running well this year most of the time, without quite cracking it. Will go up in the weights in the future for a recent runner-up effort and should go close here today once more. Burke/Vaughan enjoy quite some success when they team up at Sandown and it looks significant that the young rider goes there for only this one ride. 

3.20 HAYDOCK

SALVATORE FURY @ 10/1 Lads

Runs off lowest mark for over three years today.  This time last year was running running off 80 on the AW and beaten a hd off 69 on the flat.  Needs covering up in races and should get that today with 11 rivals.  Trainer has a good record at this time of year with his non juveniles. 

8.35 Leopardstown - Crocodile Shoes @ 5/1 Coral

This looks a wide open affair and it's tough to rule out any of them. I like the O'Brien trained Crocodile Shoes though at the prices. The favourite Ex Patriot looks a bit exposed and A Shin Kildare couldn't win a poor Galway maiden when likely laid out for it being from the Weld yard. Crocodile Shoes should improve a ton from the experience given the yard and that should put him right in there with a chance.

3.10 Yarmouth - Rockcliffe - win at 11/2 bog bet365

3yo hcap over 10f

My selection is pretty exposed after 16 runs and 1 win and has gone up 4lbs for the 2nd place last time

However all the fancied ones haven't shown a lot to date and could be vulnerable if my selection just runs to his usual form

A lot of is poor runs have been over varying trips, often on soft ground, but his best runs have been over 10f on good or g/f as he has today

I like the booking of Hanagan