** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The start of a successful betting career - MoltO

On 15-9-2016 19:39:14, moltO said:

36) Aguilas - La Equidad: home (Colombia 15/9) 2.05 => 4-0
37) Dep Pasto - Patriotas: home (Colombia 16/9) 2.00 => 2-3

38) Setubal - Ferreira: home (Portugal) 2.20
39) Nancy - Nantes: home (France) 2.35
40) Waregem - Kortrijk: home (Belgium) 2.00
41) Toluca - Chivas: home (Mexico) 2.40

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

I have a question. You say you have always been addicted to football,seemingly by way of explanation for why you are now betting on it.

But many millions of people love footballl and hopeless at betting on it.

And in fact I tend to believe that people who love football have a disadvantage when it comes to making money from betting on it.

But that's just a theory,in reality I was wondering if there is a reason that you can specify as to why you think you have the ability to do what very few can other than being addicted to football?

If there isn't one I've learned that it's unlikely that that person truly has an edge or enough of an edge to make much money.

So when you made your profits -I totally believe you did by the way-how did you explain it to yourself?

I mean did you ask yourself something like,

"Wow! Isn't it incredible that making money from betting on football seems so simple and yet hardly anyone can do it?"

If I forced you to put a figure on it,what percentage would you put on the probability that you have thus far just been lucky?

Also, I'm sure you realise that what makes betting on football (90 minute markets) really hard isn't finding value,it's consistently finding value over many years and in many games a year and then coping with the inevitable losing runs that are bound to happen.

Anyway good luck.

(I usually don't read realise sadly as I get criticised a lot and I've had enough unfair criticism for this life so this will probably have to be rhetorical do far as I'm concerned)

Edited by moggis

Forgot to say that living the life of a millionaire is very overrated.

Most people are never satisfied with however much money they have and always want more.

They compare themselves only to the better off.

And anyway most millionaires lead very ordinary lives. 

Edited by moggis