** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

July 25 - July 31

Back Barbora Strycova to beat Caroline Garcia for a 7/10 stake at 1.66 with Skybet

Back Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to beat Yulia Putintseva for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with BetVictor

Back Daria Gavrilova to beat Annika Beck for a 7/10 stake at 1.75 with BetVictor

Strycova is on a four-match winning streak over Garcia and the latter is in no form whatsoever, Pavlyuchenkova has started to improve big time in Wimbledon and she even beat Putintseva 7-5 6-1 there, and Gavrilova should fancy the conditions more than Beck (who will also be coming to Montreal just in time for the kick-off after playing plenty of matches on European clay in recent weeks).

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/6wgMEq

2pts E/W S.Wawrinka to win Rogers Cup 9/1 Stanjames
0.5pts E/W to win Rogers Cup 100/1 Bet365

Wawrinka away from Djokovic until the final and with a nice draw with the absence of Murray, Federer and Nadal. Has beaten Djokovic in a major final on this surface before and we don't know the full fitness of Djoko anyway. I like Raonic ofcourse on this surface but can't take him against Djokovic as he just doesn't have the right game to beat him. 

2pts A.Kerber to win the Rogers Cup 9/1 Bet365
2pts M.Keys to win the Rogers Cup 16/1 Betvictor
1pt J.Konta to win the Rogers Cup 25/1 bet365
1pt K.Pliskova to win the Rogers Cup 28/1 Coral 

Women's I've taken a few with the absence of Serena. Giving Keys another chance to do something special as she has the ball placement for sure and power. Kerber must have a great chance with her recent form and without Serena. Konta with the confidence gain of her recent win should go well and Pliskova is my tip to be a strong underdog this week. She loves the hardcourts and can do damage.

5pts M.Puig to beat N,Broady 2-0 Evens Skybet
Monica Puig is a great hardcourter. Broady took a set against Puig in Spain when they faced eachother on the clay, however the last h2h they played Puig won with ease 6-1 6-1 and that was on Broady's favoured grass court and in the UK. I expect a similar one sided match here. 

3 minutes ago, keysersoze said:

Hello
What you think about Stephens - Giorgi and Polansky - Smyczek matches? I want to take Stephens and Smyczek here

Stephens I have taken as a single myself on my website. 

Smyczek I'd swerve as he looked rubbish against McGee and was broken far too many times.

ITF France F16
Mina- Lipovsek Puches
1@3,00
Stake: High

Gianni Mina was considered as a big talent- in 2010 he was number 1 in youth players ranking but later his career didn't go like expected but I think he didn't say a last word and soon he will continue raising his ranking. To reach this he has to win matches like today. Opponent: Lipovsek Puches presents nothing special- just a player who is playing quite solid but only on clay grounds which means that he will probably never reach a top level. Today players will face each other on a hard court which seems to be a advantage of Mina- he used to play some nice matches there and what's more tournament is in France so home ground should have also some influence. Odds are really nice to try.

Back John Millman to beat Jared Donaldson for a 7/10 stake at 1.53 with Skybet

Back Alla Kudryavtseva to beat Kristina Mladenovic for a 7/10 stake at 3.50 with Skybet

Millman seems to be two levels above Donaldson in terms of results, so I fancy him to win tomorrow, although it might not be a complete whitewash. As for the bigger odds, I quite fancy Kudryavtseva at 3.50 - she's already produced two upsets in Montreal and Mladenovic tends to be there for the taking in the early rounds.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/oSPiLX

2pts Y.Hsun Lu to beat A.Zverev 5/2 Skybet
4pts R.Ram to beat E.Gulbis 7/4 Bet365
5.5pts T.Berdych to beat B.Coric 2-0 8/11 Skybet
5.5 E.Bouchard to beat L.Safarova 8/11 Ladbrokes

Outsider little punt on Lu as I think he'll be sure to work harder in that match and Zverev can be very lazy. Ram has every chance against Gulbis. Id rate that as a 50/50 the way both are playing and Ram in America could be the difference. Beat him once before on the hard in the US. Berdych should beat Coric easy enough. Coric doesn't impress me recently. Isn't using his ability enough and Bouchard on her favourite surface, for me will be too much for Safarova.

Back Gilles Muller (+5.5) to beat Novak Djokovic for a 7/10 stake at 1.67 with Paddy Power

Back Barbora Strycova to beat Venus Williams for a 7/10 stake at 2.20 with Skybet

Djokovic seems to be having some shoulder problems at the moment, so he could find Muller a tough nut to crack, while I doubt that Williams will be fully motivated given the entire situation at hand, so I'll chance Strycova against her.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/ZdkbO7

Although I have a small punt on Pouille to go far, he didn't fill me with too much confidence against Gomez. 2 for me today :

2.5pts R.Ram to beat L.Pouille 12/5 Bet365
4pts K.Anderson to beat D.Thiem 6/4 Bet365

Ram did exactly what I expected of him, as did Gulbis and Ram came through relatively easy in the end. If Pouille makes any mistakes then Ram will be there to take them. Rams serving well enough to hold the majority of times and I thought Pouille didn't return well enough in patches against Gomez and also handed a few opportunities to Gomez. Anderson, on the hard, I think should be favourite in that match. Head-2-head shows 4 matches, all on the hard and all won by Kevin. Not to mention, Thiem is coming from the clay and so the 1st set could be over in a flash if Anderson serves well.

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Although I have a small punt on Pouille to go far, he didn't fill me with too much confidence against Gomez. 2 for me today :

2.5pts R.Ram to beat L.Pouille 12/5 Bet365
4pts K.Anderson to beat D.Thiem 6/4 Bet365

Ram did exactly what I expected of him, as did Gulbis and Ram came through relatively easy in the end. If Pouille makes any mistakes then Ram will be there to take them. Rams serving well enough to hold the majority of times and I thought Pouille didn't return well enough in patches against Gomez and also handed a few opportunities to Gomez. Anderson, on the hard, I think should be favourite in that match. Head-2-head shows 4 matches, all on the hard and all won by Kevin. Not to mention, Thiem is coming from the clay and so the 1st set could be over in a flash if Anderson serves well.

Brilliant picks yesterday suggests you might be on top form. Like the pick on Ram against Pouille who should be fizzling out now after his recent busy campaign. Thiem is a player I respect a lot for his mental resistance to adversity. He is the only player out there with the Djokovic mentality. Real grafter. I really cannot see Kevin take him out especially after coming close in their last encounter. Gl however.

26 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Brilliant picks yesterday suggests you might be on top form. Like the pick on Ram against Pouille who should be fizzling out now after his recent busy campaign. Thiem is a player I respect a lot for his mental resistance to adversity. He is the only player out there with the Djokovic mentality. Real grafter. I really cannot see Kevin take him out especially after coming close in their last encounter. Gl however.

Thanks,

Last encounter was on the indoor hard court though. Outdoor all 3 matches have been straight sets.

I rate Thiem highly also, I just feel that price is abit barmy based on past encounters and this really is Anderson's surface. Thiem has improved greatly though. 7W/10L on the hard in 2015 compared to 14W/5L this year so far. So every chance of Thiem being a winner today, Anderson has had injuries too.

I just like the value of the pick.

Also, just looking at this event in general. 2014, Thiem came into this as a first match on the hard court for some time and went out in Round 1 to Simon. same story last year, first game on the hard for him after some time, out in Round 1 to Gulbis. Thiem is a player who has really blown up in the last 9-12 months or so though so maybe no relevance but ATP points will not need to be defended. Anderson got to the Semi-Final in 2014 here, but went out early last year. 

Edited by Fader

20 minutes ago, rochemback said:

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the Polansky - Stepanek match? Can Radek win in two? I don't know much about Polansky, is he a good matchup for Stepanek?

Personally, Id swerve. I looked at this too, but Paire isn't a good gauge to how well Step is playing. Prior to that he could only beat 152nd ranked Myneni in three sets and he's up against a player who has won 17 of his last 19. yes, they were challengers but the confidence it brings for me will mean he could possibly get a set.

Back N.Djokovic/R.Stepanek - Over 19.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power

Back Bernard Tomic to beat Kevin Anderson for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Back Simona Halep (-3.5) to beat Karolina Pliskova for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Djokovic still looking bothered by the shoulder injury, Anderson is a great match-up for Tomic, and Halep really should crush Pliskova in the form she's currently in.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/xTanon

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Back N.Djokovic/R.Stepanek - Over 19.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power

Back Bernard Tomic to beat Kevin Anderson for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Back Simona Halep (-3.5) to beat Karolina Pliskova for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Djokovic still looking bothered by the shoulder injury, Anderson is a great match-up for Tomic, and Halep really should crush Pliskova in the form she's currently in.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/xTanon

Halep seems to played a lot of matches lately,that doesn't worry you?  I don't know her plans,guess she need some time off with the Open coming up?

Apart from that,like your picks and will def follow the first two and maybe Halep straight.

Edited by nickel1

4pts B.Tomic -1.5 games to beat K.Anderson Evens Skybet
5.5pts Over 22.5 games (J.Sock Vs S.Wawrinka) 8/11 Stanjames
3pts I.Karlovic to beat G.Dimitrov 2-0 2/1 Coral
5pts M.Keys to beat V.Williams 4/5 WillHill
2pts M.Keys to win 2-0 2/1 Paddypower

I quite like the look of Goffin against Monfils too, but I think I'll just go with these ones today. Tomic loves playing Anderson and holds a 5-0 head-2-head against him including three on the hardcourt. That alone gives the price on this as good value for me. Jack Sock, although on Stan to win, has a great chance tonight for me. I see that one going close either 2 tie-breakers or 3-sets, so I'll take the overs. Karlovic is in the form of his life and Dimitrov is somewhat the opposite so I just don't see him breaking Karlo.

On the womens side, I have Pliskova and Kerber on outrights, Keys also but she looked so good out-powering Brengle that I'm going to take her to win against Venus. Venus's price is very much on the easy win of Strycova, but Venus hardly outplayed Strycova, who looked somewhat injured. Keys for me in 2.

7 hours ago, nickel1 said:

Halep seems to played a lot of matches lately,that doesn't worry you?  I don't know her plans,guess she need some time off with the Open coming up?

Apart from that,like your picks and will def follow the first two and maybe Halep straight.

Nah, she had an easy match before and she even played the doubles, which I don't think she would if she wasn't feeling well fitness-wise.

Gents I really like Anderson today at +2.5 + 110..He has finally found some form and is 4-4 vs Stan and has been well within the 2.5 in 6 out of the 8 career matches with Wawrinka.i think kevins game is more well suited to be played outdoors having won title in South Africa and Delray and Winston Salem. I suspect 2-3 close sets with a breaker, which  I believe the close spread.

Simona Halep to beat Angelique Kerber for a 7/10 stake at 1.60 with Betrally

Head to head is 3-0 to Simona on hard. Angelique has won the last 2 on clay and grass this season but on hardcourt Simona rules Angelique but Angelique really has been better this year but I think it's time for Simona to get another win over Angelique.