StevieDay1983

2018 World Cup Qualification Asian Section

18 posts in this topic

This is the section dedicated to all the betting chat relating to the AFC section of the qualifying process for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. The 3rd Round in this section is set to begin on Thursday 1st September. The top two from each group will qualify for the World Cup.. The two third-placed sides will then meet in a play-off to decide who progresses to the inter-continental play-off against the 4th placed finisher in the CONCACAF qualifying.

The first set of fixtures for this round are as follows. We will provide odds on these games closer to the date.

afc-group-a.jpg.ad5550c199d70e372bafb403

afc-group-b.jpg.ddb50249c33fb83e8cb041d6

What are your initial thoughts on these games? Group A looks wide open with South Korea the favourites. Iran are likely to be competing with Uzbekistan for that second spot but Qatar and China could gate crash the party. Group B is a tough one. Japan and Australia should take the top two spots but Saudi Arabia have the qualifying top scorer in Mohammad Al-Sahlawi who has scored 14 goals. UAE and Iraq should also not be underestimated.

asia.jpg.bf18197b17c5460199ee8791695830d

Odds courtesy of bet365.

It's looking like six sure-fire home wins this week if the odds are anything to go by. Anyone going against the grain this week? The one game I'm interested by is Iran versus Qatar. Qatar are a nation improving and it would not be beyond the realms of possibility that they sneak a draw in this game.

Pinning my money with South Korea.They are performing good this qualifier match. Another one would be Thailand which is improving over and over the time. 

worldcupasia.jpg.89bb4bde49917ae92436fa5

It's the third round of fixtures for the 3rd Round of qualification in the Asian section. Uzbekistan are the only nation with 2 wins from 2 games in Group A. Australia and Saudi Arabia share that achievement in Group B but they face each other this week!

For me, the sensible money is backing the home nations in 5 of the 6 games. I do think that Uzbekistan will beat Iran so 2.60 is great value. Saudi Arabia and Australia is a tough one. I am tempted by the draw. Australia have kept three clean sheets in their last four matches so I think it will take something special for Saudi Arabia to win. I'm tempted to back Australia to keep a clean sheet here as well. Saudi Arabia have not scored a goal from open play yet so far and they have only played Thailand and Iraq. So I think backing a narrow Australia win and for the Aussies to keep a clean sheet is a good option.

asiawcodds.jpg.219d2303ebddb720310def0b9

Well, my predictions for the last round was a mixed bag with a couple of upsets. I once again think backing the home nation in the majority of matches is the sensible thing to do. Australia have a massive game against Japan and it will be interesting to see how they bounce back after the 2-2 draw with Saudi Arabia but it will be even tougher for Japan who needed a fifth minute injury time goal to defeat Iraq over the weekend.

If I was pushed, I would say wins for Iraq, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia but I think Australia versus Japan, Uzbekistan versus China, and Iran versus South Korea are likely to be draws. Interested to hear what some of you guys think with those three tight games in particular.

asianwc.jpg.654c775dad52bdea4d81b8380d28

The next round of Asian qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup are coming this week. The away teams favourites in all six games but can all six away sides win? Is anyone brave enough to back them all? I think Qatar are the one to watch, personally. Would not be surprised to see them upset Iran.

Both traditional powerhouse Japan and South Korea are not really playing too well but managed to grind out results. It's really hard to back them nowadays. China may have hire Lippi but he can only do so much with their limited quality players. I'm leaning to UAE +0.5 as they always play Japan quite close in recent meetings. Also leaning to Australia to win.

Iraq v Australia

Iraq: Amjad Attwan (8/0 m, doubtful), Justin Meram (21/2 f), Brwa Nouri (2/0 m), Yaser Kasim (18/3 m), Saad Natiq (7/0 d), Samal Saeed (69/2 d), Ayman Hussein (4/0 f)

Australia: Matthew Spiranovic (34/0 d), Ryan McGowan (18/0 d), Tom Rogic (23/5 m), Tommy Oar (28/2 m), James Jeggo (0/0 m), Matt McKay (59/2 m)

Syria v Uzbekistan

Syria: Nadim Sabagh (35/4 d), Zaher Midani (37/0 m), Abdelrazaq Al-Hussain (56/12 m), Hamid Mido (17/0 m), Burhan Sahyouni (32/2 m), Sanharib Malki (28/7 f), Abdul Fattah Al Agha (40/6 f)

Uzbekistan: Otabek Shukurov (10/1 m), Eldor Shomurodov (15/6 f)(both doubtful), Vitaliy Denisov (69/1 d), Stanislav Andreev (36/2 d), Sanzhar Tursunov (48/5 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

4 hours ago, Emanuel424 said:

It went quite good.

Yes it did thanks!

Also had a double in the European section yesterday

Italy to win & BTTS NO

Iceland to win

1.8 with Betfair

That went well too....

Iran -1 @ 2.13(marathonbet).

China may have upset South Korea but Iran is a different animal. Despite not being the Asian Cup holders, they are Asia best team imo. Under Carlos Queiroz, they are a very organised and tough to beat outfit. Ask Argentina in the last WC. As for China, their last away win(or decent result) in a competitive game against 1 of Asia best team was against Australia in 2008. 

asiaodds.jpg

A fascinating couple of days of action in the Asian section of 2018 World Cup qualification. In Group A, Iran can seal their place at the finals with a win at home to Uzbekistan. South Korea could also take a big step towards qualifying if they beat Qatar away. If Syria win against China then they can put themselves back in the hunt for a play-off spot. What a story that would be for the war-torn country!

In Group B, Australia's thrilling win over Saudi Arabia means it is essentially a three-horse race for the two automatic qualification spots. Japan can give themselves some breathing space if they win away in an already-eliminated Iraq. UAE will need a win against already-eliminated Thailand to keep their slim qualification hopes alive.

What are we thinking here lads? The odds are backing favourites quite firmly. Is anyone tempted by a five-fold? @Mobster, @vasilli07, @Emanuel424, @Tiffy, and @WinningAdvice?