** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

July 11 - July 17

Back Florian Mayer to beat Pablo Cuevas for a 7/10 stake at 3.25 with Skybet

Back Paul-Henri Mathieu to beat Gerald Melzer for a 7/10 stake at 1.57 with Bet365

Mathieu is two levels above Melzer, so I'm happy to back him at 1.57 at a bookie that voids all retirements, while I'm also happy to back Mayer at 3.25 against Cuevas. The latter might be the better player, but the odds are just skewed way too much.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/9l8arx

Back Mona Barthel to beat Viktorija Golubic for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with Skybet

Back Patty Schnyder to beat Katerina Siniakova for a 7/10 stake at 3.75 with Skybet

Back Jana Cepelova to beat Julia Goerges for a 7/10 stake at 2.50 with Skybet

Cepelova/Goerges looks like a coin-flip to me, while Barthel is definitely a better player than Golubic, so I'm not sure why she's priced as the underdog there. Also chancing Schnyder at a massive price, Siniakova might be in for a cooldown after the Wimbledon run and Schnyder is experienced enough to take advantage if that happens.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/UhGerw

Florian Mayer to beat Pablo Cuevas for a 7/10 stake at 3.25 with bet365

Have taken Florian to win this one based on Czechs preview and I've also noticed that Florian have met Pablo twice and won both times on clay although it happened 6 years ago it's still something to go by since one of his wins was in this same event in Hamburg in straight sets and before that in Braunschweig in 3 sets. Long time ago since Florian beat Pablo and I think it could be time for another Florian win over Pablo. Anyway I think Florian is worth taking.

Edited by four-leaf

ATP Poznan Challenger
Matuszewski/Zuk- Nedovyesov/Sidorenko

Young polish talented players will face an experienced players Nedovyesov/ Sidorenko in front of own audience. I believe that they have a big chance to beat them. At first- both played on Poznan courts in qualifications to main tournament (unfortunately lost but in a 'good style')  but second and most important: they used to play together many times and they reached some good results, for example they have won ITF Sopot a month ago.
On other side both Nedovyesov and Sidorenko are not a dueble players, they only count on single and they have never played together.
In many cases it works like this that some single players register to play in dueble also just to 'practice' and feel the courts but definitely they are more concentrated on single games which they will have tomorrow.

Matuszewski/Zuk to win - odd over 3 (Sportingbet,Expect, Paddy Power, TitanBet, Betclick,Tempobet, Winlinebet) 

Back Daniil Medvedev to beat Jan-Lennard Struff for a 7/10 stake at 3.10 with BetVictor

Back Stephane Robert to beat Leonardo Mayer for a 7/10 stake at 2.25 with Skybet

Fancy Medvedev and Robert tomorrow at odds against. Medvedev is rising quickly and Hamburg has never been the ideal hunting ground for Struff, while Mayer is 3-7 in his last ten matches and his last win came before the French Open, so I'm really not sure what makes him the favourite against Robert.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/8lUy9V

Back Maximo Gonzalez to beat Renzo Olivo for a 7/10 stake at 1.60 with BetVictor

Back Paul-Henri Mathieu (+1.5 sets) to beat Nicolas Almagro for a 7/10 stake at 1.66 with Paddy Power

Gonzalez should beat Olivo much more often than not imo, the latter is too overrated just because he's beaten Youzhny. The same goes for the handicap on Mathieu, Almagro was very disappointing against Satral.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/LcJv4A

4pts M.Granollers to beat F.Bagnis 2-0 11/8 Boylesports
4pts P.Henri Mathieu to beat N.Almagro 9/4 10bet
2pts P.Henri Mathieu to beat N.Almagro 2-0 4/1 Skybet

One for ATP Bastad & One for ATP Hamburg. I think Granollers will have too much for Bagnis in the battle of the clay courters. Granollers has actually had a pretty decent year so far and has beaten the likes of Fognini & Mahut. he also beat David Goffin in straight sets in Monte Carlo. I'm also going to take PHM to cause an upset against Almagro. Almagro can't be bothered in this event. He looked abit of a lazy sod in the previous tie against Satral and I think PHM can most definitely win here. In-fact, he beat Almagro on the clay in there previous encounter. Small bet on the 2-0 also for value purposes and for Almagro's unlikely care.

Couple for me at Newport : -

Baghdatis should have too much for Baker you'd assume. Nearly evens for a player far, far better than Baker seems too good a price to let slip. Let's face it, if we were not in the US the odds would be about 1.57/1.66 max.

Young also impressed me in the previous round and we backed him to win that 2-0 also and we're doing so again here. Kozlov is a "so-called" american, but I think the crowd will be very much on Young's side here and I think Kozlovs win over Becker masts the fact that Becker was serving at 40% for his second serve. 

6pts M.Baghdatis to beat B.Baker 2-0 5/6 Skybet

4pts D.Young to beat S.Kozlov 2-0 11/8 Skybet

Back Stephane Robert to beat Inigo Cervantes for a 7/10 stake at 2.20 with BetVictor

Back Daniil Medvedev to beat Daniel Gimeno-Traver for a 7/10 stake at 1.91 with Skybet

Two picks based on what I've seen and the H2H records in the rivalries, there really isn't much that could be added to that. Both Cervantes and DGT were lucky to win their first round matches, while Robert and Medvedev actually looked good in their own right.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/6VvOG7

2pts D.Brown to beat A.Bedene 17/10 888Sport
4pts T.Daniel to beat G.Elias Evens WillHill

Brown looked really good in his last and Bedene struggled alittle in his albeit to a swede in his home nation so it's hard to truly tell i suppose. Never played a head-2-head but I think the power of Browns service games should allow him to hold more often then not. Bedene is definitely the better clay player, however he does thrown in the odd shocker here and there. You only have to look at when he lost twice to 104th ranked Karen Khachanov. to see that.

Daniel I'm also taking. Another one who impressed me in the last round with his range of shots. This has already come in and I'd expect it to be more like 1.80 before the kick-off tomorrow. 

26 minutes ago, Fader said:

bloody ridiculous! set and a break up 5-3. Serving at 5-4 now he's sh!tting the bed mentally! fk off Brown

Why are you so mad? The match was'nt even over when Dustin lost the second set and now he's broken Aljaz to serve for the match. That maybe makes you happier.

Just now, four-leaf said:

Why are you so mad? The match was'nt even over when Dustin lost the second set and now he's broken Aljaz to serve for the match. That maybe makes you happier.

I am much happier now. 

Back Janko Tipsarevic to beat Kyle Edmund for a 7/10 stake at 2.37 with Skybet

Back Lukas Rosol to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 7/10 stake at 4.00 with Skybet

Back Jiri Vesely to beat Lucas Pouille for a 7/10 stake at 1.75 with BetVictor

Switching to the Davis Cup now, as I just can't ignore the odds that are on offer for some of the home players. Home conditions tend to play a major role in the Davis Cup, so even Rosol should have a decent chance of upsetting Tsonga, especially with the Frenchman staying at SW19 for much longer than the Czech.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/WFfsxR

5.5pts R.Olivo +5.5 games to beat P.Kohlschreiber 10/11 BWin
5.5pts J.Sousa -2.5 games to beat G.Elias 8/11 Bet365

Taking these two but I also see over 20 games in the Ferrer/Brown encounter but I'm leaving that match due to an outright on Dustin. Olivo is suited well to the clay and in general is looking a very good player. Has beaten Verdasco on the clay and pushed over players so I think he can keep it close against Kohli. Souza I think can win with a few games to spare infact I'm tempted by the 2-0 on Sousa as Elias was handed the game by Daniel. Daniel had 15-40 break points about 3/4 times in that match and then did some bizarre shots at crucial moments. Sousa far more experienced.

Yoshihito Nishioka to beat Peter Polansky for a 7/10 stake at 1.78 with Pinnaclesports

I think Yoshihito will lose sometime in the near future but not this match. He did'nt drop a set in Winnetka and started in this tournament by beating Matt Reid and Dayne Kelly in straight sets both ranked around 300 and now faces a home favourite in relatively good form. But I think he will beat Peter to. Yoshihito really has improved his game a lot the last two years and he may very well be ready to step up his game to ATP level. He's entered top 100 for the first time this week and if he has another good week here he will consolidate his position to asure himself of not falling out of top 100 to easy. It all looks like he will have another good week. The odds are too good to be missed on Yoshihito. Only because Peter won 6-4 6-1 yesterday over James Mcgee ranked 365 and before that his win over Andrey Golubev 6-2 6-3 and being the home favourite makes the odds so high on Yoshihito. Anyway I think the young guy is on the rise and will be winning this one also.

Martin Klizan (-1.5 sets) to beat Daniel Gimeno Traver for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Bet365 

Martin comes into this match having won in straight sets by 6-1 6-1 over a youngster only 17 years old. Quick match in other words. Quick is the last thing Daniel had in his last match against Daniil Medvedev, he was on court for over 3 hours. Last season he lost in Casablanca final by 6-2 6-2 against Martin and this time it does not look to bright for him either. Martin has a pretty good chance of taking this easily.

One more for Newport.

5.5pts G.Muller to beat A.Mannarino 8/11 Betway
2pts G.Muler to beat A.Mannarino 2-0 15/8 Paddypower

I just think Muller is the better player and has also had the better year on the grass. Both have a good serve but I'd lean toward Muller if you we're looking at who is most likely to hold there serve in this. Most likely a tie-breaker in the first, and if Muller wins that then you could see abit of a wobble from Mannarino so I'm also taking the 2-0 on a smaller stake. H2H has a big favouring of Muller albeit long time ago.