** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Euro 2016 - Knockout Stages

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Wales vs Belgium: Will the Belgian golden generation slay the Dragons?

One of the more intriguing Quarter Final games takes place tonight as the second ranked side in world football Belgium will play surprise package Wales on Friday night. On paper, there is only one winner but it was only 12 months ago that Chris Coleman's side beat Marc Wilmots' men by a 1-0 score-line in their qualifier in Cardiff. Can the Belgian golden generation finally fulfil their potential or will the Welsh cause the biggest shock in the tournament so far?

Selections

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.80 with BetVictor

Belgium Winning at HT and FT @ 2.90 with Coral

Full Article: http://punts.pl/gOaVCO

It certainly wouldn't be 'the biggest shock in the tournament so far,' that's a bizarre claim to make. 

Germany vs Italy: Can Low's men break Italian hoodoo?

Two of the biggest teams in international football go head-to-head in the third Quarter Final of the 2016 European Championship this Saturday night when Germany play Italy. Germany might be the reigning world champions but they have never managed to beat Italy at a major international tournament in eight attempts. Will that finally change?

Selections

Either Side To Win On Penalties @ 4.5 with Sky Bet

Asian Handicap: Italy +0.25 @ 2.02 with bet365

Full Article: http://punts.pl/S1K3xA

France v Iceland

France: N'Golo Kanté (7/1 m), Adil Rami (32/1 d) (both suspended)

Out of squad: Jeremy Mathieu (5/0 d), Lassana Diarra (33/0 m), Raphaël Varane (29/2 d), Mamadou Sakho (28/2 d), Mathieu Debuchy (27/2 d), Mathieu Valbuena (52/8 m), Karim Benzema (81/27 f, top scorer, internal suspension)

Iceland: no absences

Out of squad: Gunnleifur Gunnleifsson (26/0 g), Hallgrímur Jónasson (15/3 d), Sölvi Ottesen (28/0 d), Hjörtur Valgarðsson (10/0 d), Ólafur Skúlason (26/1 m), Arnór Smárason (18/2 m), Rúrik Gíslason (37/3 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 90 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Was a good win for Germany, but they didn't get the clean sheet I wanted them to. Sucks that the handball happened, however they deservedly won so that is something.

Tonight then France v Ireland in Paris. When taking a look at the statistics between the two teams, a couple of things stand out to me. Firstly, A LOT of goals are being scored when those two meet it would appear. 3.8 on average is a huge number, even more since 1.4 of them are being scored by Iceland. Now, this tournament they have been extremely effective, which I expect to go on tonight. Having scored in 13 straight games, they will do so again against a lineup without Rami and Kanté. Who is even there to come into defense still? Umtiti?

Great odds for BTTS tonight and I think that's a no brainer with Iceland's qualities and France's position as the favourite.

France vs Iceland: Icelandic warriors aim to upset host nation party

The host nation France play tournament minnows Iceland in the final Quarter Final at Euro 2016. The French are overwhelming favourites but can the Icelanders add the hosts to their list of big team scalps?

Selections

France To Win By 1 Goal @ 3.4 with bet365

>BTTS “Yes” @ 2.25 with Sky Bet

Full Article: http://punts.pl/UKg9iE

Germany - France

I am sure that France will beat Germany. France play awesome in this tournament and they destroyed an inconvenient Iceland in previous match. Germany has provided a poor game against Italy, in which a lot emotionally worn down and don't look to me as someone who can beat France. Also, Hummels and Gomez are suspended and Boateng, Khedira and Schweinstenger are doubtful. My tip for this match is win for France and 3+ goals. I'm searching for the odds and on the twitter @BetInAsia , I found @2.77 on the win of France. Do you agree that it's big opportunity for the punters?

18 minutes ago, Niceguy said:

Germany - France

I am sure that France will beat Germany. France play awesome in this tournament and they destroyed an inconvenient Iceland in previous match. Germany has provided a poor game against Italy, in which a lot emotionally worn down and don't look to me as someone who can beat France. Also, Hummels and Gomez are suspended and Boateng, Khedira and Schweinstenger are doubtful. My tip for this match is win for France and 3+ goals. I'm searching for the odds and on the twitter @BetInAsia , I found @2.77 on the win of France. Do you agree that it's big opportunity for the punters?

I quite disagree. Germany is a matter of Kroos and Ozil. Khedira is usefull but without these 2 there is no brain behind the passes. As long as these 2 are in there is always a strong Germany. Now. Gomez and Hummels are out. So the team will probably be:

Noier

Kimmich, Ector, Howentes and Moustafi in defense

Emre Can (much better than either Khedira or Schweinsteiger for me) Ozil, Kroos, Draxler and Schurlle in midfield

Gotze or Podolski in front.

It still is a very formidable team which these players in! Remember that Germany still has to concede an in-play goal. They have only conceded one and that was from the penalti spot!

I believe it will be a similar setting as with Italy. A draw during regulation and overtime and penalty shoot out.

Portugal vs Wales: Unlikely Euro 2016 Semi Finalists prepare for historic clash

The first Semi Final of the 2016 European Championship takes place this Wednesday night when Portugal play Wales in an 8pm kick off. Neither side was fancied to reach this stage of the competition. Portugal have failed to win a game within 90 minutes and both teams are missing key players through suspension. Can Portugal reach their first major international tournament final since 2004 or can Wales reach their first final ever?

Selections

>BTTS “Yes” @ 2.2 with Paddy Power

Either Team To Win On Penalties @ 4.75 with Sky Bet

Full Article: http://punts.pl/M8DBpz

Portugal/Wales: Buy Bale x Ronaldo multi goals at 7.5 with SPIN

The market awards 10 points per goal, with one player's total multiplied by the other's (void if either doesn't start). Makes up at zero unless both score, 100 if they both score once. After that it's the more the merrier e.g. 2 hat tricks would make up at 900!

At it's simplest, this can be viewed as a bet on both players to score at odds of just over 12/1 (risking 7.5 points to win 92.5) with the cherry on top being the chance to win more if either goes on to score again.

Looking at the fixed odds firms, both to score is only 5/1 with Hills and 7/1 with Skybet where it's a priceboost. Multiplying their best anytime prices would only pay just under 7/1.

All told, I think this is a decent bet at, effectively, double figure odds. Hopefully these two put on a show and score a couple of goals each but I'll settle for the 100 points on offer for just one each.

Portugal v Wales

Portugal: William Carvalho (24/0 m, suspended), Pepe (76/3 d, doubtful)

Out of squad: Luís Neto (11/0 d), Fábio Coentrão (51/5 d), Danny (38/4 m), Bernardo Silva (6/0 m), Miguel Veloso (56/3 m), Tiago (66/3 m), Silvestre Varela (26/5 m)

Wales: Ben Davies (25/0 d, suspended), Aaron Ramsey (44/11 m, 2nd top scorer, suspended)

Out of squad: Adam Matthews (13/0 d), Andrew Crofts (28/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 90 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

can anyone who understands odds help me, I backed Wales to win the tournament at £9 stake at odds of 100.00, I'm currently being offered £100 to cash out, what is likely to be the cash out if they won tonight? I have a feeling they could go through tonight but not certain so should I cash out now?

3 hours ago, recklessrookie said:

can anyone who understands odds help me, I backed Wales to win the tournament at £9 stake at odds of 100.00, I'm currently being offered £100 to cash out, what is likely to be the cash out if they won tonight? I have a feeling they could go through tonight but not certain so should I cash out now?

i wouldn't pretend to be an expert but to get out of your bet you would be laying wales which you can do on betfair at 9.8 or 8.8/1

So if you laid £880 to win £100 you are not far away from what you are being offered.

If you think they will go through tonight then wait and then reassess when you will be able to cash out for more.

Obviously if they lose you are out of pocket.

Alternatively you could partially cash out giving up £81 to return your stake.

On 7/4/2016, 12:44:09, Podosfairistis said:

I quite disagree. Germany is a matter of Kroos and Ozil. Khedira is usefull but without these 2 there is no brain behind the passes. As long as these 2 are in there is always a strong Germany. Now. Gomez and Hummels are out. So the team will probably be:

Noier

Kimmich, Ector, Howentes and Moustafi in defense

Emre Can (much better than either Khedira or Schweinsteiger for me) Ozil, Kroos, Draxler and Schurlle in midfield

Gotze or Podolski in front.

It still is a very formidable team which these players in! Remember that Germany still has to concede an in-play goal. They have only conceded one and that was from the penalti spot!

I believe it will be a similar setting as with Italy. A draw during regulation and overtime and penalty shoot out.

Good answer, but do you agree with me that all bookies have France as favorites? I can see that Bet365 and the big Asian bookmakers such as Sbobet and Pinnacle Sport, which you use via brokers such as Asianconnect or Betinasia, at least have it.
Have been looking around on-line this morning and what I can see France will play following team:
Lloris - goalkeeper
Evra, Rami, Koscielny and Sagna - defenders.
Kante, Payet, Pogba and Sissoko or Coman - midfielders.
Griezmann and Giroud - forwards.
This is a magic team for me, and no one can stop them on the way to wining the tournament!

Edited by Niceguy

20 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

i wouldn't pretend to be an expert but to get out of your bet you would be laying wales which you can do on betfair at 9.8 or 8.8/1

So if you laid £880 to win £100 you are not far away from what you are being offered.

If you think they will go through tonight then wait and then reassess when you will be able to cash out for more.

Obviously if they lose you are out of pocket.

Alternatively you could partially cash out giving up £81 to return your stake.

Cheers, didn't cash out!

12 hours ago, owenclass said:

Germany vs France

Match to go to penalties 7/2 paddy power

Toni Kroos to be Man of the Match 8/1 paddy power

This is going to be a great match as even though i think it will go to penalties there will be plenty of chances and Germany have a great player in Kroos who can win the game for them

I have to admit, before the game I thought they were two great shouts. I didn't see the France 2-0 coming. One of my mates bet on France to win 1-0 or 2-0 with Griezmann to score. Only got odds of 7/1 I think but not a bad payout from a £5 bet I suppose. Looks a sensible bet looking back but before the game I was doubting him big time.

After last night's match, the question of who will be the champion is unnecessarily. France showed a strong defense and creative attack with amazing Griezmann. They play the best football on the tournament. And on other side is Portugal, which showed poorly games in previous part tournament, and with lot of luck they qualified for the final. My tip for this match is 3+, goal for Griezmann and win for France.

1 hour ago, Niceguy said:

After last night's match, the question of who will be the champion is unnecessarily. France showed a strong defense and creative attack with amazing Griezmann. They play the best football on the tournament. And on other side is Portugal, which showed poorly games in previous part tournament, and with lot of luck they qualified for the final. My tip for this match is 3+, goal for Griezmann and win for France.

Lets stake Niceguy, I skate for France, due to political reasons, you? :cheers

Portugal vs France: Can Cristiano Ronaldo rain on host nation's parade in Euro 2016 Final?

The 2016 European Championship Final is set to take place this Sunday night in an 8pm kick off live from the Stade de France. Cristiano Ronaldo and his Portugal side will take on Antoine Griezmann and his France team. Both sides have improved as the tournament has gone on but France will enter the match a solid favourites. However, can Cristiano Ronaldo play the role of party pooper in Paris?

>BTTS “Yes” @ 2.30 with BetVictor

Score/Win Double: Griezmann and France @ 3.60 with Paddy Power

Total Cards Over 4.5 @ 1.73 with bet365

Full Article: http://punts.pl/LRp6ng