** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Euro 2016 - Knockout Stages

The first phase is over and 16 teams have advanced to phase 2. Some of the matches are easy. Some are not to be touched in reference to betting.

Italy-Spain is a no bet one. It is very likely that it will get to the penalty shoot out where Buffon and De Gea will decide the outcome.

Hungary-Belgium. Another one that will be decided by the goalkeepers. This one more by Courtois than Kiraly.

Croatia - Portugal. I would bet on Croatia going through. Portugal did not manage to gain even one victory.

Germany - Slovakia. That's an easy one.

Switzerland - Poland. Definetely Poland.

Wales - N. Ireland. This is a match of different circumstances. It's between British teams and they will try to settle their own accounts regardless to the overall Euro setting.

EnglandĀ  - Iceland. If England finds a way to score on their opportunities they have a chance. Iceland scores cynically making the best of one or two opportunities.

France - Ireland. The Irish want vengeance for the famous handball. However, I do not think they stand a chance. They will fight that much harder but France is a far superior team.

@PodosfairistisĀ -Ā good post for me, but of all these matches, I prefer the match between Italy and Spain. Same match up as the final 4 years ago. So I asked my self where I can find the highest odds for this game and found Mollybet on twitter @BetInAsia. I think it is great that you can both compare prices between different Asian bookmakers and place bets with them from the same platform. Ā I found very competitive odds for this match, which I want to share with you on this screenshot.

Forum23.png

Edited by Niceguy

Lay Portugal, huge value. Portugal is notĀ better than Hungary, imagine if Hungary would play Croatia,Ā 1x2Ā odds would not be so generous as they are nowĀ Ā against Portugal
2.62 / 3.0 / 3.1. Draw no bet is also possible but if you think aĀ draw is possible outcome you should put a bet on it.Ā 
My picks:
5 units on 1x 1.36 at betfair
2 units on 1Ā 2.62Ā at betfair

Switzerland vs Poland: 2nd Round matches begin with clash of the dark horses

The 2016 European Championship 2nd Round matches kick off this Saturday when Group A runners-up Switzerland play Group C runners-up Poland in a 2pm kick off. This was an anticipated last 16 match before the tournament started and it will now be interesting to see which of these two capable sides can qualify for the Quarter Finals.

Selections

Either Team To Win On Penalties @ 5.00 with Sky Bet

Anytime Scorer: Robert Lewandowski @ 3.12 with BetVictor

Full Article:Ā http://punts.pl/LjfWtO

Wales vs Northern Ireland: Home nations prepare for second Battle of Britain

The last 16 has thrown up a second Battle of Britain with Group B winners Wales playing Group CĀ third placed side Northern Ireland in a 5pm kick off on Saturday. It will be an historic achievement for whichever side progress to the Quarter Finals and is set to be one of the highlight matches of the 2nd Round.

Selections

Anytime Scorer: Gareth Bale @ 2.55 with BetVictor

Man of the Match: Gareth Bale @ 3.00 with Coral

Full Article:Ā http://punts.pl/jF0bcC

Croatia vs Portugal: Can Ronaldo continue his resurgence to lead Portuguese to Quarter Finals?

One of the more unexpected ties of the 2nd Round is Group D winners Croatia taking on Group F third placed side Portugal in an 8pm kick off on Saturday night. Croatia finished their group campaign with a stunning 2-1 win over Spain and will fancy themselves to go all the way now but they come up against a Portugal side who finally appear to have an inspired Cristiano Ronaldo at their disposal and have not yet shown their best.

Selections

>BTTS ā€œYesā€ @ 2.20 with Sky Bet

Anytime Scorer: Cristiano Ronaldo @ 2.80 with BetVictor

Full Article:Ā http://punts.pl/HWE8ZH

Croatia's Luka Modric, Mario Mandzukic could be ready vs. Portugal

LENS, France -- Croatia's key players Luka Modric and Mario Mandzukic trained well on Friday and could be ready for at least part of the round-of-16 game against Portugal.

BackĀ Croatia, back over 2.5

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/croatia/story/2901188/croatias-luka-modric-and-mario-mandzukic-could-be-ready-vs-portugal

EURO 2016 Wales - Northern Ireland

Two home nations meeting in France for a place in the last 8 of the European Championships............the script writers have done a good job !

Wales qualified in style, winning group B with a 3-0 demolition of Russia, a match which was over as a contest inside 20 minutes. They played 24 hours before Northern Ireland, who had a far more fraught game with Germany, where they lost 1-0 , but knew a narrow defeat might well be good enough. They battled hard, but could easily have lost that by 4 or 5 on another day and the mentally draining nature of that and a day less to recover and prepare, is a clear advantage to the Welsh. The Irish will feel that having met Germany in this stadium, this will have a more familiar feel to them, but not if they start playing where they left off, which is firmly on the back foot ! In that match Toni Kroos completed more passes (121-110) than the entire Northern Ireland team (!) , they have been on the back foot for much of the time here in France and only had four attempts on goal in two games and you suspect they will be starting to feel the effects. They do pose a big threat from set pieces, which Wales will be well aware of , but have only scored three from open play in ten competitive starts.

The Irish might take heart from a 1-1 draw between the two nations in a March friendly, but they were at full strength, the Welsh were without Ben Davies, Joe Allen, Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale, plus several others and were still the better team. Wales have the 2-3 best players on the pitch, with Gareth Bale head and shoulders above everyone and far more EPL quality in the ranks and stronger options off the bench and with this the fourth international start inside 13-14 days for both, that could easily prove decisive. The breakthrough goal will, of course, be the hardest to come by, but if Wales get it, the Irish will have to come forward and that will leave them incredibly vulnerable on the counter and Wales have pace and are very quick in transition. Two very together groups, but most of the quality and advantages are with the Welsh and they are the ones who will go home feeling a little deflated if they do not progress, for the Irish this tournament is already a success.

Wales -0.5 @ 2.07 at Sportmarket

Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Let's hope ko matches go better than the group.

Switzerland vs Poland

The first R16 clash is maybe one of the few that you could actually expect to happen at this stage. Both teams came second in their groups as common sense would have indicated before the tournament. Switzerland played very solid, if at times ineffective, football. Xhaka has been running the show well for them so far. He's the focal point in Switzerland's game and pretty much all attacks run through him. That's why Switzerland tends to be a bit heavier on the left in its attacks. Their right side is more direct because Shaqiri often pushes higher up than Mehmedi and is a bit more daring in his attacks. Overall I had a rather good impression of them. Their finishing so far has been poor and they should have scored more than the two goals from corners. Seferovic in particular has had some really decent chances and should be on the scoresheet already. Defense has looked solid so far. They got caught twice on the break against Albania for big chances and France stretched them a bit down the flanks in their draw.

Poland picked up an impressive seven points but actually disappointed me in all honesty. A decent but largely unimpressive performance against Northern Ireland, a stalemate against Germany and a somewhat flattering win over Ukraine. Their offensive potential really has been only that - a potential threat. They haven't been willing and able to create quality chances. Lewandowski frankly looks a bit out of form although his primary assignment seems to be work against the ball. Poland had the fourth-fewest shots on target in the tournament (7 vs 13) and is fifth from bottom in ball possession (44% vs 58%). That's actually pretty dismal when you consider they played two defensive teams in Northern Ireland and Ukraine. I'm not advocating against their counter-attacking philosophy but clearly Poland has been happy to trade offense for defense so far. That largely worked and they conceded very few quality chances but at this point of the tournament just playing for a 0-0 doesn't cut it anymore (unless you're aiming for penalties).

I think Switzerland matches up quite well to Poland and this could be a really interesting one. The Swiss like to control the ball and build up patiently while Poland so far has been happy to sit back and defend. I expected the Poles to be a bit more proactive in their last two and they refused. Not sure if they will start with that now but at some point in the game they will have to go for it a bit more. Their stronger right side with Kuba actually plays into the stronger left flank for the Swiss and if Kuba is willing or allowed to push forward more against Rodriguez, they could create down that side. This does not really have the taste of goals at first glance but I still like the odds. I honestly have rarely seen the goal line start at 1,75 and, even though the tournament has been low-scoring so far, surely the only value side can be the over here. I mentioned that Seferovic has been unlucky so far, I expect him to get a few more opportunities tomorrow. Poland still boasts a lot of offensive potential and I expect a similar gameplan like against Germany with a bit more willingness to go forward. A goal in the first half would likely seal at least a half-win but I think even if the first goal comes in the final third of the match, you still have a decent opportunity to trade out if you wish. I'm also willing to hedge the stake on my bet on Poland to make the quarters. I think this is as much a coinflip as you will get and Poland look a bit too much favoured for my taste.

Switzerland vs Poland Over 1,75 - 1 Unit@1,93 (Pinnacle)

Wales vs Northern Ireland

This is definitely a match that you don't expect to see at the knockout stages of an international tournament. Wales so far have probably been the surprise package of the tournament. Their group has been probably a little easier than expected. They edged a tight one against Slovakia, then lost somewhat unlucky to England and romped past a dysfunctional Russian side. Their defense has looked really solid and as expected they are really difficult to score against. So far the matchups suited them really well but I expect things to get more difficult from here. Particularly in this matchup they will have to create themselves and Northern Ireland will be happy to leave possession to them. Ramsey and Bale so far combined brilliantly on the break but things will be tougher when they're the favourites and expected to play accordingly.

Northern Ireland can thank Platini and the gods of football that Germany couldn't finish if their life depended on it. They are the worst side in the last 16 by quite a margin. They had the lowest possession during the group stages and the worst ratio of shots to shots conceded and shots in the box to shots in the box conceded. Their keeper McGovern has been playing quite a bit above his standard and I wonder if this can go on for much longer. In terms of tactics there's really nothing to see here. Defend deep, hoof it forward and try to win a set-piece. That's how they scored their opener against Ukraine.

This one I find a bit hard to judge because I am not sure how well Wales will transition from soaking up pressure to playing in possession more. They have capable players to do that and enjoy keeping the ball quite a bit more than Northern Ireland or Iceland for example. The 2,0 could look foolishly easy or like a mug's bet 30 minutes into the game. Last match a couple of months ago ended 1-1 but you can disregard that since Wales was missing its star players. I feel like almost the same odds on Northern Ireland not to score offers better value but I am not comfortable with pulling the trigger. Think Wales edges this one by a goal but happy to sit out.

Croatia vs Portugal

Croatia so far have probably been the team that's exceeded expectations the most. It was clear that they have a lot of potential but they really showed up in all their three group stage matches and played at a very high level. They won convincingly against Turkey, which should have been a 2+ goal margin. Then they were unlucky to draw against the Czech Republic in a chaotic end to the match and I figured this just might have given them a shock to the system. But Croatia came back just as strong with a weakened squad and took it to Spain. I'm particularly impressed by the defensive shape of their midfield. Their pressing is working extremely well and the team can press high up the pitch (like vs Spain) or deeper (Turkey) and movement and timing look really good. Spain had the lion's share of the possession but struggled to create and get into attacking positions. Their offensive transition is really good as well and they create a ton of chances, especially breaking down the flanks. Central defense is a weakness and Portugal should look to create 1 on 1 situations with Vida. Modric will play tonight as will Mandzukic. I feel like Kalinic suits their offensive gameplan even better because he is better on the ball than Mandzukic but Croatia will not want to miss Mario's qualities in pressing and his combative attitude tonight.

Portugal were actually somewhat fortunate to even qualify even though they arguably outplayed all three opponents. Their wasteful finishing cost them four points from the first two. That was improved against Hungary but their defense looked shaky and the scenes in which they conceded the goals were not even the worst. Eliseu was really poor for the third Hungarian goal when he lets the Hungarian player cut inside to shoot with his stronger foot. Vierinha on the other flank was caught terribly out of position when Hungary broke down that side and almost scored the fourth. Portugal also didn't seem particularly comfortable with how Hungary was able to retain the ball for large spells in the first half and I had the impression that players didn't really know how and when to press. I reckon they will go back to their usual 433 tonight in which they look more solid defensively. Their build-up play isn't particularly strong and Moutinho isn't imposing himself on the match nearly as much as Modric on the other side. Still, their strong wingers usually manage to create enough danger and Portugal is eager to shoot from distance (most shots in the group stages). I don't rate Subasicc very highly and they will like to test him as well tonight.

This should be a high-class match and really interesting. Portugal will be happy to drop back into their favoured counter-attacking approach and I always said that I feel like this suits them more and they will be dangerous once they make it out of the group. Croatia won't mind being on the ball, they have the quality and the confidence to impose themselves on the match. Expectations at home now are massive and the team has already been talked up to being the successors of the magic 1998 generation. I expect them to control possession tonight and try to match up their strong wing play with Portugal's questionable fullbacks. Odds look correct to me, Croatia has been really strong so far and have earned their status as very marginal favourites. Once again, I am more interested in goals. This, even more so than the two previous matches, has the look and feel of a match that could really open up. Both teams have enormous attacking quality and are better at attacking than defending, albeit with different approaches. The goal line is set rather low and I think you can take advantage of that. I'd like to wait for a couple of minutes and then go for the Over 1,75. One goal should really open this match up and this could become a thriller if we get a first half goal.

Croatia vs Portugal Over 1,75 - 1 Unit@1,9 inplay

France vs Republic of Ireland: Revenge on the cards as Irish clash with host nation

It is 7 years since Thierry Henry broke Irish hearts with a handball that prevented them from reaching the 2010 World Cup but there is a chance at revenge for Republic of Ireland as they face the host nation France in the 2nd Round at Euro 2016 on Sunday in a 2pm kick off.

Selections

France Winning at HT and FT @ 2.35 with Coral

Anytime Scorer: Dimitri Payet @ 3.00 with Sky Bet

Full Article:Ā http://punts.pl/8JSWVA

Germany vs Slovakia: Will Kozak's men shock reigning world champions?

The 2016 European Championship 2nd Round throws up an intriguing clash between current world champions Germany and underdogs Slovakia. Jan Kozak's team defeated Joachim Low's side 3-1 less than a month ago so this game is far from a given and could provide a knockout phase shock.

Selections

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 2.40 with BetVictor

European Handicap: Germany -1 @ 2.40 with Coral

Full Article:Ā http://punts.pl/xypm3j

Hungary vs Belgium: Can Storck's surprise package upset Wilmots' warriors?

There is a David vs Goliath match at 8pm in the 2nd Round of the tournament when surprise Group F winners play one of the favourites to win the tournament in Belgium. Hungary are yet to taste defeat at Euro 2016 yet but they face their biggest challenge of the competition so far in a Belgian side that appears to be getting better with every game.

Selections

Belgium To Be Winning At HT and FT @ 2.75 with bet365

Belgium To Win To Nil @ 2.30 with BetVictor

Full Article:Ā http://punts.pl/jeY2vb

Italy vs Spain: European giants set for epic 2nd Round clash

It is a replay of the 2012 European Championship this Monday night when Italy play Spain in the 2nd Round. Italy impressed during the group stages on their way to winning Group E but Spain were left disappointed at failing to win Group D when they lost their final group game to Croatia. This is going to be one to watch!

Selections

Spain To Win On Penalties @ 10.00 with bet365

Asian Handicap: Italy +0.25 @ 2.12 with BetVictor

Full Article:Ā http://punts.pl/wn7Jog

England vs Iceland: Potential banana skin for Hodgson's under-achievers

The 2nd Round comes to a conclusion this Monday night when England take on Iceland in an 8pm kick off. Roy Hodgson's side drew criticism for failing to win Group B which has led to them being placed in the "tougher" side of the knockout draw. Gylfi Sigurdsson and co are unbeaten in the tournament so far and will be keen to add England to their list of big team casualties.

Selections

Draw at HT and England Winning at FT @ 4.00 with Paddy Power

European Handicap: England -1 @ 2.70 with BetVictor

Full Article:Ā http://punts.pl/N9TtpO

England vs Iceland

Ā 

After bottling it in the final game of the group stages, England play the surprise package in Iceland. Although they failed to win two games in which they were really dominant, I thought England played rather well in the group stages. They were extremely unlucky to concede against Russia pretty much out of nowhere. Then they played probably their poorest game against Wales. Even if the winning goal came late, they conceded another one out of nowhere and were never really threatened from open play. Even in their last match against Slovakia, England looked pretty good and created a lot of dangerous situations. Slovakia rode their luck hard and on another day this could have easily ended 2-0 or 3-0 for England. Evidently finishing has been their problem so far. They were in the top 3 teams in terms of shots and shots in the box but scored only three goals. A lot of favourites seemed to have played without the last bit of conviction they needed in the group stages and if the ko matches so far are anything to go by, it seems like class will now start to show. Sterling so far has been extremely poor for England but he might get one last chance tonight. Rooney isn't as imposing in his deeper position as classic central midfielders but I felt he did pretty ok so far to link defense and attack.Their best opportunities came from good play out wide and especially Sturridge off the bench and Walker have played really well so far. Iceland is another team that drops really deep to defend and England will rely on their wide players and fullbacks to combine to get the ball into the box.

Ā 

Iceland have played some solid football so far but in all honesty look very limited to me. Their gameplan going forward is launching long balls up front and trying to win set-pieces (where they excel at). In defense they like to drop very deep but still look rather shaky and concede a lot of chances. They had the highest amount of shots on target against them and are bottom 5 in terms of shots in the box against them. Austria realistically should have won and was let down by incredibly poor finishing. Hungary was pressuring them a lot and deservedly got the late equalizer and Portugal was a very similar story to Austria. I see the charm of the underdog but the facts are that they conceded in every group stage match and have been leaking a lot of goals. Belgium made Hungary look extremely ordinary yesterday and I would argue that the difference in class here is equally wide. Their players are also not really used to play that many matches at a high level in such a short period of time and mental and physical fatigue might set in at some point during the match. I see England scoring at least two here and their defense should be well suited for the challenge on set-pieces and they should keep a clean sheet. Odds on the handicap were extremely favourable when the market opened but I still think the -1 shouldn't be any higher than 1,80 here.

Ā 

England -1.0 to beat Iceland - 1 Unit@1,95 (Pinnacle)

Ā 

Ā 

Italy vs Spain

Ā 

The blockbuster fixture of this round no doubt. Spain shot themselves in the foot big time with their passive approach against Croatia after a pretty good openening two matches. That could now come back to bite them and they need to go through Italy, Germany and possibly France only to make it to the final. In general I like what I saw from Spain. They looked more direct than in their tici taca heydays, Iniesta and Silva are in great form and they have a true poacher in front of goal with Morata. I found it tough to rate how much the loss against Croatia was due to Croatia playing well and how much to the lacklustre approach by Spain. They seemed happy to keep the ball in the second half and play for the draw and then got punished for it. Now they'll face a team that will set up against them like the Czechs and the Turks did, only at a much higher defensive level. We know how Spain can get too horizontal in these games and struggle to break down the opposition.

Ā 

Italy played well in their first match but they've been riding that big all the way until now. They were very fortunate to beat Sweden and then pretty much threw the game against Ireland. They are very apt at thwarting the opposition team but look really uncreative going forward. Eder and Pelle are just not going to cut it against top class opponents and their midfield is sorely lacking creativity. Florenzi and Candreva (who is doubtful tonight) can provide the occasional good run down the flank but that's about it. I struggle to see how they are going to score goals tonight against Spain. Their gameplan will be playing on the counter no doubt but they are going to need some help from the Spanish defense like the Belgians provided. That put me off my initial thought to go with goals here. The line is again set very low at 1,75 but this could easily end up being a stalemate like Croatia-Portugal and Italy doesn't have the offensive threats that those teams do. Match odds look about right as well. I would have favoured Spain at 1,65 to make it through but low 1,5ish is pretty much spot on. I expect Spain to nick it by a goal but too close a match to make a play.

Iceland threw England out. Italy dominated Spain. And now 3 teams stand out as candidates to win the cup. Belgium, Italy and Germany. Italy and Germany confront eachother in the next match. Whoever goes through gets the cup. For most people Italy is the best candidate but I have to remind everyone that Germany has yet to concede a goal in the tournament. Belgium will probably have little trouble getting through Wales and then either Poland or Portugal. The strong feeling I have is that Iceland will also disqualify France in the next match to get disqualified in the semi-final by eother Italy or Germany. At this time I am betting that one of the teams making it to the final will be Belgium. For the other one I have the feeling it will be Germany and not Italy though Italy is a very strong contender.

Now some teams have the chance to made the surprise. Poland, Portugal and maybe Wales. 3 of 4 candidates of the titel play on the same Side. Germany - Italy. One out, then Semi-Final maybe France - Germany/Italy. Another team out. So on the other Side maybe we can see a surprise. Belgium now with good performance against Hungary, but didnĀ“t see Hungary on the same Level, like Poland or Portugal. Maybe Portugal can be harder to beat for Belgium.

But for me now favourit on the title is France or Italy.

Now some teams have the chance to made the surprise. Poland, Portugal and maybe Wales. 3 of 4 candidates of the titel play on the same Side. Germany - Italy. One out, then Semi-Final maybe France - Germany/Italy. Another team out. So on the other Side maybe we can see a surprise. Belgium now with good performance against Hungary, but didnĀ“t see Hungary on the same Level, like Poland or Portugal. Maybe Portugal can be harder to beat for Belgium.

But for me now favourit on the title is France or Italy.

After previous round, I have different opinion about Belgium, and I am sure that they can pass to the final.Ā In support of thisĀ they have easyĀ draw.Ā But in the second part of the draw is completely insane. The match Germany - Italy, play the two best teams in the previous part of the tournament, while in a match France - Iceland are meeting strong host and the most unpleasant opponent with unusual style of play. Who will pass in next round?Ā Ā Also, I'm searching for the early odds of quarter-final and on the twitter @BetInAsia I found odds from mollybet. The most interesting odds for me @2.26 on the Portugal,Ā what you think about this match?

Blog.jpg

2 hours ago, Niceguy said:

After previous round, I have different opinion about Belgium, and I am sure that they can pass to the final.Ā In support of thisĀ they have easyĀ draw.Ā But in the second part of the draw is completely insane. The match Germany - Italy, play the two best teams in the previous part of the tournament, while in a match France - Iceland are meeting strong host and the most unpleasant opponent with unusual style of play. Who will pass in next round?Ā Ā Also, I'm searching for the early odds of quarter-final and on the twitter @BetInAsia I found odds from mollybet. The most interesting odds for me @2.26 on the Portugal,Ā what you think about this match?

Blog.jpg

Not too bad odds for Germany I'm seeing. Especially with how they recently performed and finally managed to beat Italy 4-1 last March, they should be able to do well in the quarterfinal on Saturday. However, Italy is Italy and who knows what they will be doing. Their game against Spain was quite impressive I thought.

I'm wondering about France vs Iceland. I mean France win seems so obvious, but when you look at all their recent games at this tournament, which one was really convincing? Anything more than the second half against Ireland? Lucky against Romania, Albania, a goalless draw against Switzerland and then down at HT against Ireland. All of them rather weak opponents. Iceland are determined and on fire throughout the Euro 16, so I will maybe take an outside shot on them.

On 6/29/2016, 2:36:14, Hunter12 said:

Not too bad odds for Germany I'm seeing. Especially with how they recently performed and finally managed to beat Italy 4-1 last March, they should be able to do well in the quarterfinal on Saturday. However, Italy is Italy and who knows what they will be doing. Their game against Spain was quite impressive I thought.

I'm wondering about France vs Iceland. I mean France win seems so obvious, but when you look at all their recent games at this tournament, which one was really convincing? Anything more than the second half against Ireland? Lucky against Romania, Albania, a goalless draw against Switzerland and then down at HT against Ireland. All of them rather weak opponents. Iceland are determined and on fire throughout the Euro 16, so I will maybe take an outside shot on them.

@Hunter12, I agree with you, that Germany should win Italy, but Italy is unpleasant and unpredictable opponent. If you interested for more odds for EURO 2016, you can look http://betinasia.com/mollybet/. But now, I will share different odds with you for match Germany - Italy on the screenshot.

Ā 

forum.png

Poland vs Portugal: Can Ronaldo lead his side to a Semi Final spot?

The 2016 European Championship Quarter Finals kick off on Thursday night with an 8pm kick off between Poland and Portugal. One of these sides will surpass their pre-tournament expectations and reach the Semi Finals of this competition. Neither team has hit their peak form yet and with the match being touted as Lewandowski versus Ronaldo it will be fascinating to see which global superstar influences the game the most and guides their team to the last four of the tournament.

Selections

Asian Handicap: Poland +0.25 @ 2.05 with BetVictor

Anytime Scorer: Robert Lewandowski @ 3.80 with BetVictor

Full Article:Ā http://punts.pl/sJJ0V4

On 29/06/2016, 13:36:14, Hunter12 said:

But it was a friendly and Italy put a weak team out, it would be daft to use that match to be aĀ major factor in your decision to pick Germany imho

Poland v Portugal: Draw

Both sides have progressed to this stage without setting the World alight and I expect a close game tonight.Ā 

Poland needed penalties to see off Switzerland in the previous round and finished 2nd in their group winning 2 and drawing 1 scoring 2 and conceding 0.

Portugal have been doing just enough and riding their luck to get to this stage, getting into the knock out stage with 3 draw and having to go to extra time before beating Croatia 1-0 thanks to a 117 minute winner.Ā 

These facts lead me to believe a draw is the likeliest outcome with few goals in the match.

The last 2 meetings between these sides have end all square and I am hoping for a hat trick tonight!

Ā 

As I said before. Iceland will dispualify France. I do hope that Belgium will also disqualify Wales tonight so that they disqualify Portugal at the semi final. It is unbelievable to have a team claiming a title without succeeding in defeating a single opponent within the 90 minutes of regulation time! Not to mention that the quality of the football they played is despicable! My bet is that whoever wins the match between Italy and Germany will go on to win the cup in the end.

Wales v Belguim: +2.5 Goals.

I feel there will be goals in this game. After a shaky start Belgium have found their scoring boots with 8 in their last 3 games. They will be missing both Verthongen and Vermaerlen in defence today and may have to rely on replacements who have yet to feature in the tournament. Wales have been a credit to their country and supporters and whatever the outcome Belgium will know they will have been in a game tonight. They too have goals in the side and not the strongest defence in the competition, so for me the 6/4 best price at time of writing about +2.5 goals seems a decent bet.

Wales vs Belgium: Will the Belgian golden generation slay the Dragons?

One of the more intriguing Quarter Final games takes place tonight as the second ranked side in world football Belgium will play surprise package Wales on Friday night. On paper, there is only one winner but it was only 12 months ago that Chris Coleman's side beat Marc Wilmots' men by a 1-0 score-line in their qualifier in Cardiff. Can the Belgian golden generation finally fulfil their potential or will the Welsh cause the biggest shock in the tournament so far?

Selections

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.80 with BetVictor

Belgium Winning at HT and FT @ 2.90 with Coral

Full Article:Ā http://punts.pl/gOaVCO

18 hours ago, salmonman said:

But it was a friendly and Italy put a weak team out, it would be daft to use that match to be aĀ major factor in your decision to pick Germany imho

Oh you are totally right of course. But previously Italy had that "unbeatable" status and then they got destroyed - friendly or not. I think it was very important mentally for the players as in "hey we can beat those guys". Whether it actually happens on Saturday we will have to see, since Italy have been quite good so far too. Probably the best two teams of the tournament so far facing each other.