** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2016

A little off topic but I was wondering if anyone is betting on the challengers as well?

In Bastad Im looking to go for (but hasnt pulled the trigger yet) Anyone with information on these matches it will be much appreciated.

Henri Laaksonen v Roberto Carballes Baena today. Laaksonen beat him last month in straight sets and also beat Evgeny Donskoy yesterday in straight sets. However is still an underdog @2.42 with SBOBET. 

Horacio Zeballos v Marko Tepavac is also next with Tepavac beating Ljere and Nicolas Kicker in straight sets. An underdog @3.17 with SBOBET.

1 hour ago, Twinky99 said:

A little off topic but I was wondering if anyone is betting on the challengers as well?

In Bastad Im looking to go for (but hasnt pulled the trigger yet) Anyone with information on these matches it will be much appreciated.

Henri Laaksonen v Roberto Carballes Baena today. Laaksonen beat him last month in straight sets and also beat Evgeny Donskoy yesterday in straight sets. However is still an underdog @2.42 with SBOBET

Horacio Zeballos v Marko Tepavac is also next with Tepavac beating Ljere and Nicolas Kicker in straight sets. An underdog @3.17 with SBOBET.

I have no information on these matches more then you. But I would say Roberto Carballes Baena is slightly overrated and it's clear to see that Laaksonen can win again.

Yoshihito Nishioka (-1.5 sets) to beat Alexander Sarkissian for a 7/10 stake at 2.25 with Paddypower

Having seen Alexander play yesterday against John Patrick Smith I've decided to go for Yoshihito in this one to win in straight sets again. He's been untouchable so far this tournament although the two opponents have been of less quality then Alexander I still don't think Yoshihito will have any troubles with returning Alexanders serves as they where not so impressive yesterday. Yoshihitos first real test will come in the semis probably against Frank Dancevic but I think we will see a final between Frances Tiafoe and Yoshihito. 

Back A.Murray/T.Berdych - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power

Back Milos Raonic to beat Roger Federer for a 7/10 stake at 2.50 with Paddy Power

My heart says Federer, but he will need to improve on his performance against Cilic if he wants to beat Raonic and he might have some fitness issues as well, so I think that Raonic is where the value lies at the current odds. Also fancy Berdych to take a set more often than not, so taking the overs at 2.10. It's going to be an uphill battle for the Czech, but the odds are too skewed here imo given that Murray had issues against Tsonga.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/xAArmr

I would have been able to understand the need for the Vesnina orgasmic screams if she was hitting the life out of the ball and getting somewhere. But to have the right to express such liberty and not be able to hit the ball past mid-court, is a travesty.

Angelique Kerber (+3.5) to beat Serena Williams for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddypower

I strongly belive Kerber again will have the game to trouble Serena seriously since she is in some great form right now. Her defense is quite awesome and her ability to hit winners from difficult angles exists very mutch. Anyway this bet is the one for me on this final I can say already.

Back Serena Williams (-3.5) to beat Angelique Kerber for a 7/10 stake at 1.66 with Bet365

As much as I'd love to see Kerber winning this, I don't see it happening unfortunately, everything seems primed for a good Williams win here. She's been improving match-by-match, the conditions are clearly in her favour and the fact that she's crushing it in the doubles as well shows that she's fully fit, so I'd be surprised by Kerber repeating her Aussie Open success here.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/Q2YdDz

3 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Back Serena Williams (-3.5) to beat Angelique Kerber for a 7/10 stake at 1.66 with Bet365

As much as I'd love to see Kerber winning this, I don't see it happening unfortunately, everything seems primed for a good Williams win here. She's been improving match-by-match, the conditions are clearly in her favour and the fact that she's crushing it in the doubles as well shows that she's fully fit, so I'd be surprised by Kerber repeating her Aussie Open success here.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/Q2YdDz

Do you think the match might go to a third set as Kerber has beaten her before in a Grand Slam final and she is playing great

Serena to win 2-1 3/1 paddy power

And what do you think of Raonic beating Federer as i think the five set match he had in the previous round might have taken a lot out of him and Raonic serve might be a too much for Federer to handle even though he handled Cilic serve well

Raonic to win 11/8 paddy power

Raonic to win 3-1 9/2 paddy power

Raonic @2.37 to beat Federer offered by bet365

10/10

I will not even watch it. This is based on what i have seen so far from both.

Raonic looks as new Sampras in my eyes. Federer looks veteran and former champion. He should retire in my opinion because he used to be legend and BEST EVER player. I can not understand him to continue to play like this....Cilic was pure disaster in last two sets. Raonic is a level ABOVE Cilic

ciao! good luck! 

Wimbledon: Tomas Berdych - Andy Murray

Andy Murray also took five sets to find a way past the hugely popular Jo Wilfried Tsonga, he did it almost in reverse fashion, taking the first two sets and looking likely to win in three and was then a break up in the fourth, before running away with the decider.

Berdych has passed under the radar this fortnight to reach his second Wimbledon semi and sixth last four slam appearance of his career. That is not a fantastic record for a player who has been a "contender" for a decade and he is often cited in "best player never to have won a slam " lists. He did win his previous semi here , beating Djokovic in three (!) , he had already seen off Federer in four in the quarters, but lost in the final in straight sets to Nadal. That was a hugely impressive run and who was going to beat Nole, FedEx and Rafa back to back in any slam tournament in 2010 !

You could argue that overall he has underperformed in those semis, but in addition to beating Djoko in 3, he took Robin Soderling who was playing out of his skin to five at Roland Garros, lost to Murray in NY ( 9-7 in 4th set tie break), to Wawrinka in 4 sets when Stan won his first slam in Australia , losing the last two on tie breaks and then to Murray in four, again in Melbourne. That was probably the easiest defeat, but he battled hard in each and all those defeats could have worked out a little differently.

Murray leads the h2h 8-6 but was behind in this series until early last year, the British player has won four in a row since, starting with that win at the Aussie Open and he has taken the last nine sets and all without the need of a tie break and it might be that he now has Berdych's number. But this is their first ever meeting on grass and the first time since his debut slam semi that Berdych has arrived in the last 4 without having met a top 5 player in the last 8 and he could have a freshness edge, especially after Murray's battle with JWT and runs to finals in Madrid, Rome, Roland Garros and Queen's all back to back and in build up . If Berdych is not mentally sacred by those recent h2h defeats, this should be close and I would not totally rule out an upset.

I think there is a little ill feeling, if not with Murray, then with his coach Ivan Lendl, Berdych said “I approached Ivan when he stopped with Andy the first time and asked him to work with me. “He basically said that he doesn't have the time and he didn't want to be involved in tennis. "Then he came back to Andy, so that's how it is.” That can always be a motivating factor, but I doubt he needs it.

The Czech player has looked very relaxed and spent an hour or two with the people queuing at Wimbledon last week and it feels like there is very little pressure on him, other than what he puts on himself and he seems that he is unwilling to do that .....“At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you can stand and say, okay, I've tried everything that I possibly can, I've done all what was there . “If you make it one day, great; if not, what can you do? “I mean, there are so many other guys that they have never reached a final, at least. "So that's how it is. "I still have some time. "I'm having another good run and I will try to continue that.”

I think the total games line is set too low at 36, that could be covered in three sets and Berdych has won at least one in all five previous slam semis and in three slam meetings with Murray.

over 36 games 1.917 Pinnacle Sports /Sportmarket Pro. I feel pretty much all the "over" lines are set too low

2 hours ago, clubgowi said:

Wimbledon: Tomas Berdych - Andy Murray

Andy Murray also took five sets to find a way past the hugely popular Jo Wilfried Tsonga, he did it almost in reverse fashion, taking the first two sets and looking likely to win in three and was then a break up in the fourth, before running away with the decider.

Berdych has passed under the radar this fortnight to reach his second Wimbledon semi and sixth last four slam appearance of his career. That is not a fantastic record for a player who has been a "contender" for a decade and he is often cited in "best player never to have won a slam " lists. He did win his previous semi here , beating Djokovic in three (!) , he had already seen off Federer in four in the quarters, but lost in the final in straight sets to Nadal. That was a hugely impressive run and who was going to beat Nole, FedEx and Rafa back to back in any slam tournament in 2010 !

You could argue that overall he has underperformed in those semis, but in addition to beating Djoko in 3, he took Robin Soderling who was playing out of his skin to five at Roland Garros, lost to Murray in NY ( 9-7 in 4th set tie break), to Wawrinka in 4 sets when Stan won his first slam in Australia , losing the last two on tie breaks and then to Murray in four, again in Melbourne. That was probably the easiest defeat, but he battled hard in each and all those defeats could have worked out a little differently.

Murray leads the h2h 8-6 but was behind in this series until early last year, the British player has won four in a row since, starting with that win at the Aussie Open and he has taken the last nine sets and all without the need of a tie break and it might be that he now has Berdych's number. But this is their first ever meeting on grass and the first time since his debut slam semi that Berdych has arrived in the last 4 without having met a top 5 player in the last 8 and he could have a freshness edge, especially after Murray's battle with JWT and runs to finals in Madrid, Rome, Roland Garros and Queen's all back to back and in build up . If Berdych is not mentally sacred by those recent h2h defeats, this should be close and I would not totally rule out an upset.

I think there is a little ill feeling, if not with Murray, then with his coach Ivan Lendl, Berdych said “I approached Ivan when he stopped with Andy the first time and asked him to work with me. “He basically said that he doesn't have the time and he didn't want to be involved in tennis. "Then he came back to Andy, so that's how it is.” That can always be a motivating factor, but I doubt he needs it.

The Czech player has looked very relaxed and spent an hour or two with the people queuing at Wimbledon last week and it feels like there is very little pressure on him, other than what he puts on himself and he seems that he is unwilling to do that .....“At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you can stand and say, okay, I've tried everything that I possibly can, I've done all what was there . “If you make it one day, great; if not, what can you do? “I mean, there are so many other guys that they have never reached a final, at least. "So that's how it is. "I still have some time. "I'm having another good run and I will try to continue that.”

I think the total games line is set too low at 36, that could be covered in three sets and Berdych has won at least one in all five previous slam semis and in three slam meetings with Murray.

over 36 games 1.917 Pinnacle Sports /Sportmarket Pro. I feel pretty much all the "over" lines are set too low

Where did you get over 36.5 games? That line has always been at 34.5

Edited by liquidglass

Raonic won, and my 10/10 bet cashed out. However Raonic is a mentally weak player. Not even near Sampras. To correct my proposition, Raonic is equal to 10% of Sampras.

Wish to see Murray in final, therefore i will make another 10/10 on Murray to lift the trophy

ciao! money in pockets!

Back A.Murray/M.Raonic - Over 3.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 1.57 with Bet365

Not the most genius of bets, but I wouldn't have this above 1.40 or perhaps even 1.33, as Raonic isn't very likely to self-destruct imo. There will also be quite a bit of pressure on Murray, so I don't see a 3-0 scoreline in the finals.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/1c0bBv

Who here thinks the Serena and Kerber match will be a lot closer than most people think

She maybe a bit tired after playing the Doubles all week and some people think thats why Venus lost to Kerber

Kerber has already beaten her in the final of the Australian Open so she knows how to beat her in a Grand Slam final

And the pressure of trying to match Steffi Grafs Grand Slam record could affect her as well

My bet is

Serena to lose first set and win the match 9/2 paddy power

Tie break in the match evens paddy power

Edited by owenclass

9 hours ago, owenclass said:

Who here thinks the Serena and Kerber match will be a lot closer than most people think

She maybe a bit tired after playing the Doubles all week and some people think thats why Venus lost to Kerber

Kerber has already beaten her in the final of the Australian Open so she knows how to beat her in a Grand Slam final

And the pressure of trying to match Steffi Grafs Grand Slam record could affect her as well

My bet is

Serena to lose first set and win the match 9/2 paddy power

Tie break in the match evens paddy power

It's a tough one to call. Serena Williams has remained at the top of the tree in a category that has seen so many come and fall away over the past few years. It seems every major tournament semi finals has three different women players in it plus Serena. She is an absolute behemoth. I think if it is hot and humid then Serena's superior fitness will see her destroy Kerber but if it is overcast and mild then Kerber could push Serena all the way.

Murray is 1.25 odd to lift the trophy. I was expecting 1.50 minimum. 

Every day we have hundreds of betting options. Personally i would not place money on such odds, especially in tennis events

As whole planet think, me too i rate Murray as absolutely favorite here. But not with my money. Watch and have fun only. If someone wants definitely to invest money, the only logical option is the 3-0 victory for Murray. To be honest, if Federer was one year younger....hehehe Raonic no chance to win a single set. The Canadian showed weakness in several occasions, mind weakness

ciao!

3 hours ago, delfino said:

Every day we have hundreds of betting options. Personally i would not place money on such odds, especially in tennis events

As whole planet think, me too i rate Murray as absolutely favorite here. But not with my money. Watch and have fun only. If someone wants definitely to invest money, the only logical option is the 3-0 victory for Murray. To be honest, if Federer was one year younger....hehehe Raonic no chance to win a single set. The Canadian showed weakness in several occasions, mind weakness

ciao!

I agree the price on Murray is low but I think that's patriotic betting. I'm not convinced he will win in straight sets. Raonic is improving as the months go by but as it has been mentioned before he can be mentally frail. It's been a tough tournament for Murray though. He's been pushed to the limit on more than one occasion so he could be fatigued. I think a 3-1 win to Murray is a decent shout. I can't see Raonic winning though.

8 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I agree the price on Murray is low but I think that's patriotic betting. I'm not convinced he will win in straight sets. Raonic is improving as the months go by but as it has been mentioned before he can be mentally frail. It's been a tough tournament for Murray though. He's been pushed to the limit on more than one occasion so he could be fatigued. I think a 3-1 win to Murray is a decent shout. I can't see Raonic winning though.

12 hours ago, delfino said:

ciao!

You seem to have contradictory feelings from what you say. Your head pulling you one way, and your heart pulling you the other way, not sure of where you should stand. You say Murray is 1.25 yet you think he should be 1.50. Why? Because of the respect you have for Raonic and the feeling inside you that tells you that he has a decent chance of winning. Raonic played Murray at the Australian open losing in 5 tight sets. Recently at queens Murray won 2-1, an indication that Raonic is closing and inching forward. So to conclude with Raonic losing 3-0 is to be frustrated with the mixed feelings that you are getting. It is the reason you cannot back Murray with your hard earned money. You know that it is riddled with risks. Djokovic would have been the only person to stop Murray until he surprisingly crashed out making Murray new favourite. That came with a sudden shift in the weight of expectation as was evident against Tsonga. Murray has a too obvious decoy perhaps exposed by odds that do not stack up well. I have no plausible explanation; but the setting just seems right to crown our new champ tomorrow. Maybe not really resulting from anything other than it just happened to be Rapnic"s day. Good luck to all who find the heart to punt!!!!!

Mens Singles Final

Andy Murray vs Milos Raonic

Over 39.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Murray to win 3-1 5/2 paddy power

Tie Break in the first set 5/4 paddy power

Murray to win and both players to a set 11/8 paddy power

Murray to lose the first set and win the match 5/2 paddy power

Well this the final and it is the finalists from Queens who will be contesting it. Murray will be facing a big serving player who played great against Federer, but he wont be getting as many chances against Murray who is one of best returners in the world so he would have to serve even better to try and beat him. I fancy the first set to go to a tie break and Murray might have trouble winning that set as he will have trouble reading his serve early on in the match and we might see a few more tie breaks during match with Murray winning most of them

Mixed Doubles Final

Robert Farah and Anna Lena Groenefeld vs Heather Watson and Henri Kontinen

Over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power

I think this will be a close match, as there is not much between them i feel that it will go to three sets and i think this could last a long time with many breaks in the match

Edited by owenclass