** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2016

Garbiñe Muguruza/Samantha Stosur over 21.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddypower

Saw the last matches of both players and they where really convincing both of them. Garbiñe did well to overcome that great serving from Shelby Rogers and Samantha also did well to overcome any challenge put up by Tsvetana Pironkova. I'm looking forward to seeing this match and they have met once before and it went to 3 sets on the clay of Madrid 2014. Now it's a semifinal of a grand slam we're talking about here and I think it's safe to say that none of these players will go down easily in this match.

2 hours ago, NoOne said:

What do you think of match Murray - Wawrinka? To me, Murray closer to victory. : D

I think it will be a close contest and will be decided by how Wawrinka plays... If his unforced errors to winners ratio is low, Murray will have a very very tough time.... A lot of ifs here for me.... I'll just enjoy the freakin' contest.... 

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Too bad Putintseva didn't win, had a real chance there and I liked her attitude as well!

I'm just wondering - had Djokovic hit the linesman with the racquet here (https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/738353354749841408), would the umpire disqualify him as per the rules or would the tough conditions get blamed? I think that I know the answer :lol - although, to be fair, it's better to get hit by a racquet in a situation like this than to face Nalbandian's wrath :lol.

Alas!!! Can't see the video in my country (India).... Well anyway Djokobitch is stupid.... I thought he would be a better person after he became a father and having an astounding season last year.... I actually started to like that jerk in January..... Well let's just hope he doesn't wins this grand slam.... If he does his tantrums will reach another level... I so hope Thiem wins that set Czech... It's actually fun watching that retarded freak being frustrated..... 

44 minutes ago, TheBeast said:

I think it will be a close contest and will be decided by how Wawrinka plays... If his unforced errors to winners ratio is low, Murray will have a very very tough time.... A lot of ifs here for me.... I'll just enjoy the freakin' contest.... 

for me 4+ is irrefragable, sympathy and win is for stan but murray have 9 lives always 

I think we have to leave the betting alone with the weather the way it is, surely it's turning things into far too much of a lottery to be betting on.

Rain destroys effiency market. Only possible way for punters beat market

Djokovic Vs Thiem - Thiem must really be made of metal considering how far he has come with fatigue as a guest on his back. What a beast of a player! I really would be backing Thiem to win the tournament if it was not now all about the recent miles on his clock. To put it bluntly, he really has no chance against the Djoker tomorrow with the handicap he is carrying.  I am going Djokovic -6.5 with the maximum confidence. I really and definitely expect Djoker to win a 6-1 or 6-0 set as his opponents fatigue begins to set in. Thiem should only win a set if he is gifted It. I very much doubt his slayer will be in the mood for niceties!!! Don't  you dare retire!!!!!

Some special bets for the rest of the tourament

Final Forecast

Djokovic to beat Wawrinka in the final 7/4 sky bet

Final Setcast

Djokovic to beat Murray in the final 3-1 7/1 sky bet

Djokovic to beat Wawrinka 3-1 7/1 sky bet

Serena to beat Muguruza 2-1 9/2 sky bet

Well i think Djokovic will reach the final and he will play either Murray or Wawrinka. I do fancy a Serena Muguruza final and maybe Serena to come out on top

Edited by owenclass

7 hours ago, owenclass said:

Some special bets for the rest of the tourament

Final Forecast

Djokovic to beat Wawrinka in the final 7/4 sky bet

Final Setcast

Djokovic to beat Murray in the final 3-1 7/1 sky bet

Djokovic to beat Wawrinka 3-1 7/1 sky bet

Serena to beat Muguruza 2-1 9/2 sky bet

Well i think Djokovic will reach the final and he will play either Murray or Wawrinka. I do fancy a Serena Muguruza final and maybe Serena to come out on top

I don't see how you think those 7/1 and 9/2 bets represent good value? If you just waited until the final would you not get better odds than 3/1 on Djokovic winning 3-1 anyway? 

I can't believe SkyBet have priced those up so short and they must be laughing all the way to the bank if people are actually betting them. Am I missing something here? 

50 minutes ago, potus said:

I don't see how you think those 7/1 and 9/2 bets represent good value? If you just waited until the final would you not get better odds than 3/1 on Djokovic winning 3-1 anyway? 

I can't believe SkyBet have priced those up so short and they must be laughing all the way to the bank if people are actually betting them. Am I missing something here? 

What I find most interesting is not really about the pricing of the matches stated, but rather about the danger of diverting people to price and possibly buy goods that do not exist. The men's final has been covered both ways I presume. However knowing this indulgence well enough, I would say that there is a much bigger chance of  any anybody else in the final on the women's side than just taking Serena/Muguruza for granted. Stosur/Bertens are still very much in this. There has to be one more twist at least before the end of what has been a bizzare tournament.

Edited by liquidglass

42 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

What I find most interesting is not really about the pricing of the matches stated, but rather about the danger of diverting people to price and possibly buy goods that do not exist. The men's final has been covered both ways I presume. However knowing this indulgence well enough, I would say that there is a much bigger chance of  any anybody else in the final on the women's side than just taking Serena/Muguruza for granted. Stosur/Bertens are still very much in this. There has to be one more twist at least before the end of what has been a bizzare tournament.

Yes one more twist... Take out Serena or Novak maybe :D

Back Garbine Muguruza to beat Serena Williams for a 3/10 stake at 2.50 with Unibet

The more in-form player for me here ;). Williams hasn't really impressed recently, Putintseva and Bertens just didn't have the nerves to win, but Muguruza should given that she's beaten Serena in this very tournament before.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/WyJ94d

Back Andy Murray to beat Novak Djokovic for a 1/10 stake at 3.60 with BetVictor

Not taking anything myself, as I still have the pre-tournament outright on Murray in play, but I think that the Scot is worth a shot at 3.60 if you're looking for a bet. Djokovic is the favourite, but the pressure will be immense and the gap between the two isn't as big as the odds suggest.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/4rEINL

Day fourteen

Serena Williams vs Garbine Muguruza

Muguruza  to win 11/8 paddy power

Over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power

This match is going to be the toughest match for Serena as her opponent is playing great tennis and is getting close to winning a grand slam. Serena has not has the easiest of routes to final and could have got knocked out in quarters but managed to come through, but her opponent now is a better player from last year and match that Serena does not like because of her style plus she wont be so nervous as she has already reached a Grand slam final

Mens Doubles Final

Feliciano Lopez and Mark Lopez vs Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan

Over 22.5 games evens paddy power

Well the Bryan brothers are favourites here but Lopez and Lopez are a tough doubles team and wont make it easy for them

Edited by owenclass

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Back Garbine Muguruza to beat Serena Williams for a 3/10 stake at 2.50 with Unibet

The more in-form player for me here ;). Williams hasn't really impressed recently, Putintseva and Bertens just didn't have the nerves to win, but Muguruza should given that she's beaten Serena in this very tournament before.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/WyJ94d

I'm going the other way in this one and for one reason - it's the final. Muguruza is likely to be feeling nervous whereas Serena has been there and done it. She's 21-5 in Grand Slam finals which is some record, and whilst I agree the American hasn't looked great at this tournament the fact is she's always found a way to win her matches. Even if she falls behind here I can see her coming back, and so in addition to my bet on her at the start of the tournament I'll be backing her again at 1.65 with Tempobet. That's a good price in my opinion.

Serena vs Muguruza -  Hmmm! Even before the 2016 French Open was conceived, before Muguruza found any sort of form or fluke, she was always on my mind to win this for some reason. And now just like Wawrinka before her, she has now been called upon to authenticate her form which really is, and has been nothing extraordinarily special. Kuznetsova and Stosur although decent players, now belong to a Static bunch of players, who in all fairness make it very difficult to put an accurate gauge on Muguruzas current level. Muguruza got out of jail against Schmieldova, a player without current form but certainly with the best potential of the beaten bunch. Muguruza also struggled and just rolled over the winning line against Rogers. My one worry is that Serena has not been playing well which speaks in favour of Serena. However Muguruza is way too short to suggest a piss-take by the bookies for callous pricing. Her price is such that it could somehow cause Serena to roar to victory.Yes, Muguruza has beaten Serena before, but not because it was clay or because of some sort of strong pointer we can now lean on for direction. Muguruza just won that match catching Serena cold. Simple! When I think of the way Serenas career will end, I get a similar picture to Federer and Tyson. They all decayed mentally albeit their bodies being in prime shape.  Last year Serena in a similar modus operandi to this cocooned the atmosphere with a veiled expression of hopelessness in the way of vomiting her way to victory. It would appear quite similar here with rumours of her carrying an injury. Regardless of all the factors mentioned, Serena now attempts to achieve a feat perceptively more important than the first grand slam she ever won, of course with the added pressure of facing a Spanish terrier intent on keeping her on the back foot for the duration of play. Muguruza has peaked at the right time and I think any rendition of a hoodini escape for Serena is unlikely. Muguruza to lift the title in a match that might fall way short of quality and razzmatazz!!! Good Luck

On 01/06/2016, 19:21:29, TheBeast said:

Well what a time for bet365 to send me some loyalty bonus :) Just when Muguruza is back in riveting form of last year's Wimbledon and it looks like the final is poised to be another showdown between Serena and Garbińe.... Been following her since last year's Wimbledon and she really impressed with the vain fightback in the finals in the second set when she had probably lost.... She has got all the credentials to beat Serena and now that Serena isn't in her form of 2015 the result can certainly come.... I was eager to pick her up a bit earlier but she wasn't really going on in 2016 until now.... And also the loyalty bonus means I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.... But I'll still take the each way bet just to ensure some free returns ;)

Garbińe Muguruza to win Roland Garros @ 3.25 E/W on bet365

Good luck my friends :)

Well done on the Muguruza bet to win outright. I was very tempted on doing the same bet

DJOKOVIC VS MURRAY

So at last we finally  turn into the home straight of what has really been a bizarre tournament by any iota of reasoning; and I must say that expectation levels are soaring. Murray has somehow finally managed to find his niche on clay in a way that has surprised many. Well, he was bred on red dirt and seemed to have lost his sense of origin Only momentarily till he was finally  able to synchronise finesse, arrogance and fitness into one handy package. But you really would have to be abreast with all the minute details of this meeting to really having any chance of arriving at the right conclusion. Djokovic is in exactly the same situation Serena was in yesterday, trying to achieve something much higher than he has ever achieved - winning the last slam of the four grand slams, a feat that eluded Sampras and Lendl with deep felt consequences. Murray on recent form would appear to have narrowed the gap between himself and the Djoker, especially considering he won last time out comfortably by 2-0. I for one was not sucked in by the hyped up victory as I felt and believed that the Djoker took a dive in that match to keep his preparation plans for the French Open in order. The huge advantage for Djokovic, is that he has really timed his preparation to absolute perfection - Not playing too many matches before, amid a brilliant piece of time management in the total hours spent on court so far. Another very big concern for the Djoker is the fact that he saw a new star being born over the course of this tournament in the name of Dominic Thiem. I believe that Thiems clay kingdom could be fully established as early as next year making it even more difficult for the Djoker to ever win the French, which is why the best player in the world will and must take this chance. Murray on the other hand has spent almost double court time, a penalty that the Djoker will certainly make him pay for. Expect Djokovic to live in wall-mode thought the duration with enough balls coming back over the net. I also predict a 6-2 and under set for DJ ensuring that the -4.5 handicap becomes a reality. Expect a crisp and faultless display from the number 1 player in the world. I fully expect Murray to switch to option 2 early which is his habitual drop shot routine after his baseline play draws blanks. That itself will be suicidal as the Djoker will be alert to any and everything. VERDICT Djokovic -4.5 to win with dominating arrogance and wanton confidence. It really should be a mesmerising performance in prospect. Good luck all!!!!

Day Fourteen

Andy Murray to win the French Open 12/5 paddy power

Over 37.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Over 3.5 sets 4/7 paddy power

This could a an absolute classic or Djokovic will win in straight sets but after his opponents form in the semi finals, then i hoping for a classic and im fairly sure he will win a set and if he can keep it going, then this match will go all the way and his opponent has got a great chance of winning the match

Womens Doubles Final

Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina vs Carolina Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic

Over 21.5 games 8/11 paddy power

Over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power

This match has got some great doubles players in the final and it should make it a great match and i think it will be close

Edited by owenclass

8 hours ago, owenclass said:

Well done on the Muguruza bet to win outright. I was very tempted on doing the same bet

Thanks mate.... Had a feeling Muguruza had a big chance.... Didn't think she'd do it in straight sets though..... Now I just hope she doesn't fade away like many before her have.... 

Novak Djokovic v Andy Murray

Not the match many wanted but certainly the match that should culminate the clay court season with Djokovic and Murray both playing tantalising tennis throughout the months of April and May. Many have given their opinions and they all are very strong. But this match here is a contest of mental strength more than their skills. On clay, at this moment, if both play at their peaks, Djokovic might just edge out over Murray. But it's the mental ability that would make the difference today. 

Djokovic has got nerves of steel but nervous he will be nonetheless for many a reasons. As liquidglass mentioned, this may very well be his best and last chance to claim his career slam (and the golden slam, but more on that during RIO). Last not because Thiem is rising, but because if Djokovic loses today he may very well NEVER win this slam. Another thing is the fact that he has been so close yet so far in this tournament since 2011. He had a genuine chance every time but extraordinary performances from Nadal and Wawrinka have just kept Djokovic at bay and the Djoker knows that his opponent today is nothing short of spectacular when playing at his best. Djokovic may well be hoping that Murray just doesn't turns up. But if Murray starts playing well, you may very well see that Djokovic will simply fall apart. 

Murray on the other hand has been a contender for far too long now. He has improved not only his game but also his mental toughness to a level that matches the best player on the planet today. Murray knows that the final at Rome makes no difference today because a grand slam is a completely different beast. And he knows that he's got nothing to lose and everything to win today because the "experts" have already written him off. 

This match is Djokovic's to lose and Murray will not care about what happens on the other side of the net as he will just keep hitting ball after ball, backhand after backhand and pummel Djokovic into submission. Just look at the Scot's eyes for Christ's sake. 

Andy Murray to win the French Open

hi-res-02d335b68b3567e73aa4f1bc64e05f2a_crop_north.jpg