Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

May 2 - May 8

Back Lucie Safarova to beat Samantha Stosur for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power

Back Barbora Strycova to beat Madison Keys for a 7/10 stake at 1.90 with Paddy Power

Both Safarova and Strycova appeal to me for match-up reasons. Safarova is 11-3 against Stosur, while Strycova should also have enough trickiness to beat Keys on clay, especially given how the two performed in the first round.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/FhJpIG

Back Marcos Baghdatis to beat Gilles Simon for a 7/10 stake at 3.75 with BetVictor

Back Denis Istomin to beat Teimuraz Gabashvili for a 7/10 stake at 1.85 with BetVictor

Too big a price for Baghdatis against Simon, I'd have the Cypriot at 3.00 at most. Meanwhile, Istomin should get the job done against Gabashvili given his qualifying results and the 3-0 H2H record.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/zaMjDH

Back Nick Kyrgios (-3.5) to beat Guido Pella for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Unibet

Back Milos Raonic (-3.5) to beat Aleksandr Dolgopolov for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power

Back Nicolas Almagro to beat Borna Coric for a 7/10 stake at 1.70 with Unibet

Fairly fast clay in Madrid by the looks of things, that should be of some help to both Kyrgios and Raonic tomorrow - and both also face acceptable opponents. Almagro should also be too strong for Coric given what I saw from the two in Estoril.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/NTLIUv

I have to bet against Laura Siegemenund. 3.35 for Mirjana Lucic-Baroni is too high.

Laura had the best time of her career and I think it will stop sometimes. It's unusual to be on the high level too long. Even their match a couple weeks ago was close. Mirjana had more BPs but couldn't convert them.

Experience is also on Mirjana's side. 100 matches x 3 on Premiere level. Yes, Laura is favorite but not so high

Back Juan Martin del Potro to beat Jack Sock for a 7/10 stake at 1.70 with Unibet

Back Pablo Carreno-Busta to beat Gilles Simon for a 7/10 stake at 2.12 with Unibet

Potro was superb on Monday, should be fine against Sock as well unless he gets some health issues again. Also don't see why Carreno-Busta is the underdog against Simon, would have the odds the other way around really.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/VLxOay

Cirstea - Siegemund 3.3

Yesterday I saw matches of both players. Laura didn't seem very sure. But Sorana was like storm with Kovinic. Both has very good period. Laura on WTA level and Sorana on ITF level. I feel Laura is little bit out of energy. Mirjana was danger but with too mistakes. I feel Sorana can suite better with Laura's style. As for me fair odd is 2.3 on Cirstea.

not a tip as such sorry guys but does anyone know of a useful site for live data/stream/commentary for tennis matches? What do people use? Are the yearly/monthly subscriptions on livetennis good and worth it? Anything free? I'm almost all in-play. Cheers! :)

55 minutes ago, hugothefourth said:

not a tip as such sorry guys but does anyone know of a useful site for live data/stream/commentary for tennis matches? What do people use? Are the yearly/monthly subscriptions on livetennis good and worth it? Anything free? I'm almost all in-play. Cheers! :)

Just have a penny at Bet365 and you should be good to go, livetennis is worth it if you want HD-streams that you can watch without your eyes hurting, good value imo.

Back Tomas Berdych to beat David Ferrer for a 7/10 stake at 1.75 with Unibet

Back Richard Gasquet to beat Kei Nishikori for a 7/10 stake at 2.37 with Bet365

Come on now, a bit of luck - although, knowing how bad my run is at the moment, I guess that Nishikori will get his first ever win against Gasquet. I can't ignore the 0-7 record and the fact that he has never been able to figure the Frenchman out, however, so I'll go with what looks like value to me here. Ferrer also looked very undercooked against both GGL and Kudla, so Berdych - even his 2016 editions - should be too strong for him imo.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/bQw0VO

Tig - Stosur 3.40

I have watched on Tig longer time. She can have great future. Her match close match with in-form Siegemend in Charlstone. Her ride in Madrid. These matches were their victories with very active game. Sakkari, Kasatkina, Stephens, Keys - all are really good players.

On the other hand Sam was lucky, very lucky in match with Carla Suarez. Even with sick Carla she had mental problems to win. And nowdays her bh is really terrible.

TIG VS STOSUR  Tig has really ridden on a crest of a wave this week with some superb tennis beating a long A list of players. She is a tall Begu-type of girl with a consistent game and no real major weapons. This game reminds me of the biblical story of Peter successfully walking on water to Jesus till he looked up and suddenly found himself drowning. The Kind of game that could really arrest the Tig game, was what Keys brought yesterday but did not manage to execute. I expect Stosur's experience to tell largely here especially after ousting the Home girl Navarro regardless of whatever health issues. I expect Tig to come back down to earth with a routine loss to Stosur. Stosur 2-0 Verdict.

No real weapons? Her groundstrokes are impressive and strong, especially the forehands. I am not sure Tig will come back down to earth since she is not tired at all and did not fail till now. Stosur is nothing special. 

Back Novak Djokovic to win Madrid Masters for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Back Rafael Nadal (-5.5) to beat Joao Sousa for a 7/10 stake at 1.57 with Paddy Power

Fancy Novak to win it all after seeing him today, he looks as focused as he should be and I think that he's still some way ahead of Nadal at the moment. The Spaniard, however, should have an easy time against Sousa, who's basically a dream match-up for him.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/FNfDcJ

Back Novak Djokovic to beat Andy Murray 2-0 for a 7/10 stake at 1.74 with Unibet

Djokovic had three match points on his serve to cover the 4.5 line against Nishikori, somehow he managed to mess up though, strange days. Fancy him against Murray in the finals, however, as he's impressed me much more than the Scot (the Murray-Nadal semi was of a lower quality than the Nishi-Djoko one) and the H2H is just too big to be ignored.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/YVxLn6