** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps Competition, Thursday 7th April 2016

1.50 Sou - Reg Mohican - EW at 33/1 bog bet365

2yo maiden

My selection has the benefit of a run having finished 6th on debut

The winner that day won by 9 lengths so if you take him out my selection finished 6 lengths behind the 2nd. The 2nd has won next time out and the 3d has run well to finish a close up 2nd.......shows the benefit of having had a run

Got a decent draw in 4 and Luke Morris takes over from the lady apprentice

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

1.50 Sou - Reg Mohican - EW at 33/1 bog bet365

2yo maiden

My selection has the benefit of a run having finished 6th on debut

The winner that day won by 9 lengths so if you take him out my selection finished 6 lengths behind the 2nd. The 2nd has won next time out and the 3d has run well to finish a close up 2nd.......shows the benefit of having had a run

Got a decent draw in 4 and Luke Morris takes over from the lady apprentice

I wonder where Reg came from !.......:loon

that's Red Mohican

215 Aintree: Ivanovich Gorbatjov 5/4 PP

The Aidan (Joseph) O’Brien trained youngster was really impressive when landing the Triumph Hurdle at Cheltenham last month and I honestly think Aintree will suit this flat bred juvenile even more. He silenced his critics at the Festival in no uncertain terms and came home a comfortable winner from the filly Apple’s Jade. The runner up will fancy her chances of reversing the form but I cant see it myself.

MARASONNIEN @ 8/1 Bet365

Looks a decent Hunter in the making. Only beaten 2l by Lord Windermere in a beginners and beat a good yardstick in Salsify easily in a recent PTP.
Mullins has made no secret that he is going for the Trainers title and this would be a nice pick up. Surprised he's only got this one entered though which is probably a tip in itself. Soft ground is ideal and looks a sound jumper, you always need a bit of luck in these type of races but has a good Jockey on board.

2.50 Aintree - Cue Card @ 6/4 Stan James

I'm a massive fan of Cue Card and think he can bounce back here. The King George is the best piece of chase form this sseason which has been well advertised by Vautour, Don Cossack and Smad Place. Cue Card was the winner of that race and was going best when falling 3 out in the Gold Cup so provided that fall hasn't left a mark he'll take some beating with Djakadam now quite exposed and Don Poli falling short of this level.