** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Working out number of bets

Hi

Ive been reading a bit into group stage betting and betting on many outcomes. The trouble is mim not good at working out permatations!

For example, if you wanted to cover all combinations predicting all finishing positions that would be tens of thousands of bets. Say I wanted to cover all but I think i can guess the team to finish bottom of each group so I need to get all possibilities of the top 3 in each group - again thousands of bets but id do each one at 10p maybe?

thoughts anyone? 

• 2 weeks later...

You would need to be more precise about what exactly you are wanting to bet on.  Perming every possible outcome would be of no value as you are simply betting on the whole 100% of the available market.  If you feel confident about finding the value in the bottom of the group betting then why not just do some multiples with the "Who will finish bottom?" market for each group, or the groups, you like.