** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB 2016 Season Daily picks

17 hours ago, danj2202 said:

4 pts Texas Rangers @ Chicago White Sox Under 8 total runs 1.86 Bet365:)

9-9-2 +18.14

todays play is

4 pts Boston Red Sox (-1.5) to beat Houston Astros 2.95 Bet365

The enigma that is Clay Bucholz will pitch for the Red Sox and oppose the scuffling Astros 5th starter Mike Fiers, Fiers has been poor this year allowing 6 HRs across his 3 outings, while Bucholz has had two bad outings allowing 5 runs and an excellent performance last time to shut down Toronto. At the end of the day I believe in Bucholz more as a pitcher than Fiers and Houston arent hitting, if we know one thing its that Boston can score and the ballpark and Fiers should allow them to do so again today, this will depend which Clay Bucholz we get but the price I feel is too big to turn down.

Good luck if you are playing today:ok

On 4/23/2016, 2:16:26, danj2202 said:

4 pts Boston Red Sox (-1.5) to beat Houston Astros 2.95 Bet365:(

9-10-2 +14.14

strange last couple of days in baseball, lets hopw tonight sees normality return

7 pts Chicago Cubs (-1.5) to bt Milwaukee Brewers 2.05 Bet365

Kyle Hendricks has a good record pitching against Milwaukee and the Cubs are a mile ahead of all other clubs in run differential as their mixture of power hitting and quality pitching sets them up as real contenders even at this early stage, there isnt a ballpark in the league half of this lineup couldnt hit it out of. Jimmy Nelson has been the best starter statistically for the Brewers but a deeper look at his number suggest that it is something of a mirage and some of the metrics used to analyse these things would point to a regression towards the mean, as such I will look to take him on in the near to mid future when I can and such a spot exists against the Cubs tonight

Good luck all having a play today :ok

On 4/26/2016, 5:22:55, danj2202 said:

7 pts Chicago Cubs (-1.5) to bt Milwaukee Brewers 2.05 Bet365:(

9-11-2 +7.14

Been rough as dog sh!t all week long

Here is todays main play

6 pts New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox Over 8 Total Runs 1.86 Bet365

Masahiro Tanaka vs Henry Owens is the pitching matchup, Tanaka is the best pitcher involved but faces a Boston lineup that can score virtually at will and has had their ay with him, he carries a 7+ ERA against the BoSox. Henry Owens gets to oppose a scuffling Yanks lineup but he has had issues against them getting hit hard whenever he has faced them including allowing 7 runs in less than 2 innings the last time round in September, 8 looks low to me here

On 4/29/2016, 2:32:20, danj2202 said:

6 pts New York Yankees @ Boston Red Sox Over 8 Total Runs 1.86 Bet365:(

9-12-2 +1.14

right nursed myself almost back to full health, the calendar has flipped over to May and its time to lift off

5 pts Baltimore (-1.5) to bt New York Yankees 2.55 Bet365

The yankees send CC Sabathia to the hill tonight and he has been hit hard recently when visiting Camden Yards to the tune of 0-5 in 8 starts with a 5.64 ERA, we are trusting the young pitcher Tyler Wilson somewhat but the Yankees arent scoring runs and Wilson was solid against the Royals and White Sox in the two starts he has made and I think the Orioles will tee off tonight, Trumbo in particular could give CC some issues off the back of 2 HR last night

Best of luck if you are playing today :ok

On 5/4/2016, 3:09:16, danj2202 said:

5 pts Baltimore (-1.5) to bt New York Yankees 2.55 Bet365:(

9-13-2 -3.86

bad run but a max bet tonight

10pts Over 9 runs Milwaukee @ Cincinnati 1.95 Bet365

We have two terrible pitchers in Chase Anderson (ERA 10+ last 3 starts) and Alfredo SImon (13+ ERA this yr) facing off against each other in a hitters ballpark Great American Ballpark with forecast winds blowing out to right field assisting the hitters further which shouldnt be necessary in this matchup. Both lineups have proved capable of scoring runs as teh Reds showed with 7 against Jake Peavy and the Giants under similar circumstances yesterday and Milwaukee put some big numbers up at home last week against sub standard Angels pitching. 9 looks far too low to me today.

Best of luck if you are having a play today :ok

8 hours ago, vikki37 said:

Thank you for your great previews and predictions. Win or lose, thank you for your time and help.

No problems, its been a slow start to the year but we should get going soon touch wood!!

23 hours ago, danj2202 said:

10pts Over 9 runs Milwaukee @ Cincinnati 1.95 Bet365:)

10-13-2 +5.64

Right that went well, though they still managed to make us sweat after scoring 7 in the first two innings!!

4 pts Kansas City to bt Cleveland 2.25 Bet365

The Royals have been playing a completely different game to the "Royals baseball" we have come to know of decent pitching, excellent defense and timely hitting. They were knocked about hard by the Nationals last time and I suspect they will come out all guns blazing in this divisional matchup to climb out of their slump. Danny Salazar who pitches for the Indians today is a good pitcher who strikes out a lot of batters, he does walk too many batters though and against a Royals offense that, if they play the way they want to strikes out way below the league average and work the pitch count and takes walks when offered that doesnt play well, as exhibited by Salazar's 4-5 recors and 4+ ERA against KC. So long as the Royals dont "try to do too much" here it looks a decent matchup for them. Yordano Ventura takes the hill for the champs and while he has been known to have control issues himself has a solid record against Cleveland and if he pitches well and limits the walks today I think the wrong team is favoured and the Royals are worthy of some of our hard earned cash in this one

Best of luck if you are having a play today :ok

On 5/6/2016, 8:11:36, danj2202 said:

4 pts Kansas City to bt Cleveland 2.25 Bet365:(

10-14-2 +1.64

Right been ill so not posted for nearly a week but back on it now and feeling good!!!!

4 pts Baltimore (-1.5) to bt Detroit 2.10 Bet365

Dont usually like to trust Ubaldo Jimenez due to his control issues but he only walked one batter last start and I hope that is a positive sign for him. Baltimore are tearing it up at the plate the last few days and get Mike Pelfrey tonight who will pitch for the Tigers. Pelfrey has been nothing short of disastrous this year, he has allowed 5 runs in each of his last 3 starts including 3 HRs the last start. This is a recipe for disaster against a Baltimore lineup full of power hitters that are in the zone at this time, throw in the 1.95 WHIP and we can see that Pelfrey is allowing too many baserunners which will likely result in Baltimore hanging a crooked number on the board early in this game and a large margin victory looks likely to me

On 5/12/2016, 4:39:44, danj2202 said:

4 pts Baltimore (-1.5) to bt Detroit 2.10 Bet365:)

11-14-2 +6.04

Well it didnt quite go to plan but a winners a winner

todays play is as follows

4 pts Bryce Harper to hit a Home Run and Washington to beat Miami 5.00 Paddy Power

Bryce is eligible to play in this game after appealing the suspension for his conduct and choice of language towards an umpire resulting in his ejection from a game the other day. I suspect Mr Harper will be playing quite angrily and with a chip on his shoulder in this game. This is quite bad news for Tom Koehler who Bryce has it SIX home runs against in his career, overall Koehler has allowed 10 home runs in the 29 innings he has pitched in this ballpark. I genuinely believe the only way Bryce doesnt take one deep here is if the Marlins adopt the Cubs policy of just walking him every single plate appearance (I hope not!!!) I am fairly confident of the Washington win as Gio Gonzalez has been pitching much better this year and the Miami bats are less effective against left handed pitchers such as Gonzalez, for those of you that want a safer play just go with the run line, but I am quietly confident on this one as Bryce Harper has a flair for the spectacular.

best of luck if you are having a play today :ok

19 hours ago, danj2202 said:

4 pts Bryce Harper to hit a Home Run and Washington to beat Miami 5.00 Paddy Power:)

12-14-2 +22.04

7th inning blast from Bryce was an absolute delight!!!!

Todays play is

6 pts Houston @ Boston Over 9.5 Total Runs 1.86 Bet365

Both pitchers Bucholz and McHugh are struggling and have allowed 4+ runs on at least 4 occasions each, the face lineups that are blessed with plenty of power and there are fairly strong winds forecast blowing towards the outfield to assist the hitters at Fenway today. The two teams combined to exceed this number last night and I would expect that these two lineups can clear this number with time to spare.

58 minutes ago, danj2202 said:

12-14-2 +22.04

7th inning blast from Bryce was an absolute delight!!!!

Todays play is

6 pts Houston @ Boston Over 9.5 Total Runs 1.86 Bet365

Both pitchers Bucholz and McHugh are struggling and have allowed 4+ runs on at least 4 occasions each, the face lineups that are blessed with plenty of power and there are fairly strong winds forecast blowing towards the outfield to assist the hitters at Fenway today. The two teams combined to exceed this number last night and I would expect that these two lineups can clear this number with time to spare.

Congrats on the win with Bryce as well! I didn't get to bet on Bryce but I bet on Washington! Thanks!

On 5/14/2016, 1:48:06, danj2202 said:

6 pts Houston @ Boston Over 9.5 Total Runs 1.86 Bet365:)

13-14-2 +27.20

tonights headline play 

4 pts Texas @ Oakland Over 10 Total runs 2.75 Bet365

A matchup of pitchers who are struggling. Manaea for the A's has laboured to an ERA of 11+ to this point of the year and Derek Holland has collapsed failing to last 3 innings in his last 2 starts while surrendering a boatload of runs. He has a 7+ ERA on the road and although the colosseum is a huge ballpark and favours pitchers, ith forecast winds assisting two struggling hurlers I will back these offense to score plenty of runs tonight

Good luck if you are having a play :ok

21 hours ago, danj2202 said:

4 pts Texas @ Oakland Over 10 Total runs 2.75 Bet365:(

13-15-2 +22.20

todays main play

8 pts Boston (-1.5) to beat Kansas City 2.30 Bet365

The Red Sox will send Rick Porcello to the hill today and he has vastly improved on last years showing with the BoSox and should only need to continue that form for a Boston win here today. The champs have been really struggling to plate runs and rank last in the AL for runs scored now, Yordano Ventura will need to be at his absolute best to contain a Boston lineup that scores seemingly at will, he has struggled with his control in recent starts and has looked a long way from anything lie his best and I believe Boston will win this game comfortably as the Royals cant keep pace with their bats

Good luck if you play today :ok

20 hours ago, danj2202 said:

8 pts Boston (-1.5) to beat Kansas City 2.30 Bet365:(

13-16-2 +14.20

fairly horrific outcome there todays play

5 pts Justin Verlander to strikeout 9+ and Detroit to beat Minnesota 4.00 Paddy Power

Verlander has looked back to his best in recent starts allowing a single run against Texas and Baltimore striking out 8 and 9 respectively in those games. The Twins offense is nowhere near as powerful as the Orioles or Rangers and they rank ahead of both teams for strikeouts this season at 8th in MLB. Couple this with teh fact that the Tigers lineup which has scored 23 runs in its last 3 games gets to face Ricky Nolasco who has come back to earth with a bump following an excellent start to the year, he has allowed 14 runs his last 3 games then a Detroit win looks likely and I see no reason why Verlander cannot hit this number either (apart from the fact he apparently falls apart whenever I place a bet on Detroit when he pitches of course :lol)

good luck if you play today:ok (apologies for the short notice on the pick, busy day!!!)

5 pts Justin Verlander to strikeout 9+ and Detroit to beat Minnesota 4.00 Paddy Power:)

14-16-2 +14.20

Hope some of you managed to get on that one!!

todays main play is

8 pts NY Yankees @ Oakland Over 8 Total Runs 1.80 Bet365

Ivan Nova pitching for the Yankees has a few issues getting left handed batters out and the Athletics have plenty of lefties and sitch hitters so can stack their lineup against him. The A's have discovered their power this wee including 8 runs scored in each of the last two games. Kendall Graveman will take the hill for Oakland,, he has allowed 8 home runs in his last 4 games compiling an ERA approaching 10 in that timeframe. The Colosseum in Oakland is a park that favours pitchers but there are strong winds forecast blowing to the outfield assisting the hitters and with plenty of left handed power in the yankees lineup to take advantage of Gravemans woes, 8 runs just looks too low.

On 5/19/2016, 3:26:24, danj2202 said:

8 pts NY Yankees @ Oakland Over 8 Total Runs 1.80 Bet365:(

14-17-2 +6.20

win some lose more sigh

todays play

2pts Atlanta Braves @ Philadelphia Phillies - Race to 3 runs - Neither 7.00 Bet365

Simply put these are the two lowest scoring offensive lineups in MLB. Wisler will pitch for the Braves and he has gone 8 innings in each of his last three starts with a sub 2 ERA and Aaron Nola in opposition for the Phillies has been on fire going 3-0 sub 1.50 his last 5 starts. Looks a low scoring game all day long

Best of luck if you are playing today:ok

7 hours ago, f0r3st727 said:

Your bank (units return) is wrong. You didn't add 20 units to your amount. :)

I see that (15 though as I am only adding the 15 profit on that bet} but yes an error, thanks for highlighting it, thought I was struggling more than it felt like lol

2pts Atlanta Braves @ Philadelphia Phillies - Race to 3 runs - Neither 7.00 Bet365:(

14-18-2 +19.20

Shocking couple of days for me the last two

here is todays play

2 pts Colorado (-1.5) to bt Pittsburgh 3.15 Bet365

I personally have the Rockies as favs in this so am taking the alternate run line. Tyler Chatwood, the young lefty is a groundball pitcher, he has had his struggles at Coors but so have many pitchers pitching at altitude, on the road this year he is 4-0 0.33 ERA. These two teams lead baseball in batting average and Jon Niese will pitch for the Bucs and his high WHIP will not play well against a team that can hit and is willing to take the walks, he is also amongst the leaders in baseball with 11 HRs allowed so far this year, there is plenty of power in this Rockies lineup, none more so than Nolan Arenado and his 14 home runs this year. I can see the Rockies chasing Niese quite early in this game and Chatwood will only need to be solid rather than outstanding as he has been in all his other road starts thus far.

2 pts Colorado (-1.5) to bt Pittsburgh 3.15 Bet365:)

15-18-2 +23.50

I as going to put settle up today as the main play but as that is literally about to start it seems a little pointless so

6 pts San Francisco to beat Chicago Cubs 1.80 Bet365

The Giants send ace Madison Bumgarner to the hill today and he has been in excellent form with a 1.69 ERA his last 6 starts, the Giants have been playing well winning 8 straight prior to defeat yesterday.The Cubs have not been playing as well the last week with some offensive limitations which will not be helped by facing Bumgarner. Kyle Hendricks is up for the Cubbies and he has struggled on teh road with an ERA over 5 this year he lost his only start at AT&T last year and has an ERA over 5 against San Francisco. Always like to take the home team in primetime games and Buymgarner is a bigger than usual price enabling us to do so due to teh Cubs early season form

Best of luck if you are playing today :ok 

On 5/22/2016, 6:02:43, danj2202 said:

6 pts San Francisco to beat Chicago Cubs 1.80 Bet365:)

16-18-2 +28.30

todays play

4 pts Oakland to bt Seattle 2.15 Bet365

Rich Hill has excelled for the A's in his last 6 starts with a sub 2 ERA, a lone bright spot for the struggling Oakland team. They visit the Mariners at Safeco Field today which is a great pitchers ballpark,Hill as a lefty negates a lot of the power in the Seattle lineup such as Cano, Seager and Martin, his visit to the Safe last moth was a success as he struck out 10 in an excellent performance. Taijuan Walker will pitch for Seattle and he has tailed off his last 4 starts with a 5+ ERA. The two teams have been trending in the opposite direction coming in to this series but I think the A's have the edge in the pitching matchup and are a value at odds against

best of luck if you are playing today:ok

4 pts Oakland to bt Seattle 2.15 Bet365:)

17-18-2 +32.90

back on an even keel now

todays play

4 pts Boston (-3.5) to bt Colorado 2.75 Bet365

David Price has brought his performance in line with the metrics and it has showed in back to back solid performances. Jorge De la Rosa will pitch for Colorado tonight in his first start coming off the disabled list, he was not seen to best effect prior to going on the DL with an ERA this year over 10 and allowing too many home runs. That isnt going to play well against a Boston lineup that has power top to bottom and is plating runs at an almost historic rate. Assuming the home run issues that were causing Price some problems earlier this year dont rear their ugly head again then it is difficult to see past a large Boston win today,,  Nolan Arenado and Trevor Story would be the concerns in the Rockies lineup, but anything short of 4 runs for Colorado will in my mind see this bet a winner and Price hasnt looked likely to allow that many runs the last twice

Best of luck if you are playing today! :ok

On 5/24/2016, 7:25:26, danj2202 said:

4 pts Boston (-3.5) to bt Colorado 2.75 Bet365:)

18-18-2 +39.90

todays play

6 pts St Louis @ Washington over 7 total runs 1.90 Bet365

I can say with a good level of confidence that we wont see a 20 strikeout game from Scherzer like the last time he face the Cards!! :lol In all seriousness, there are light winds forecast blowing out to left field today but the temperature and humidity is all unseasonably high in Washington at present and as such the ball should fly further than it has been. The home run has been the achilles heel of Max Scherzer this year with 14 allowed this season and 9 in his last 4 starts!,combined with the struggles of St Louis starter today Jame Garcia in recent days - 10 runs allowed his last two starts and plenty of power in both lineups, I think 7 looks a touch low in this one and am happy to play the over

On 5/27/2016, 6:25:18, danj2202 said:

6 pts St Louis @ Washington over 7 total runs 1.90 Bet365:)

19-18-2 +45.30

todays play

7 pts NY Mets (-1.5) to bt LA Dodgers 2.30 Bet365

Noah Syndegaard is outstanding, he has won his last three starts, twice shutting out the opposition with an ERA of 0.86 including a victory against todays opponent Kenta Maeda and the Dodgers. Thor helped himself to two home runs against his opposite number that day but the Mets do hit right hander well and Maeda has struggled to an ERA of 6+ and is winless his last 5 starts after an excellent beginning to his major league career. I am confident that the Mets wont need too many to win this and the way they have hit righties,, Michael Conforto in particular means they should get them comfortably supported by Syndegaard who if he repeats the 2 run performance of 3 starts ago I cannot see this losing, I was expecting the price to be shorter than this, more like 2.10 so am happy to pile in

Good luck if you are playing today:ok

18 hours ago, danj2202 said:

7 pts NY Mets (-1.5) to bt LA Dodgers 2.30 Bet365:(

19-19-2 +38.30

hideous day yesterday :(

todays main play is a max bet

10 pts San Francisco (-1.5) to bt Colorado 2.05 Bet365

Johnny Cueto has excelled recently, he has also excelled against Colorado with a 1.11 ERA across his last four against them, this includes 2 starts at the hitter friendly Coors Field where todays game will take place. Cueto will be opposed by Chris Rusin who joined the starting rotation in late April for the ineffective Jordan Lyles, Rusin allowed 7 runs in San Francisco the only start he made against the Giants so far this year, with excellent forecast conditions for the hitters and a Giants lineup that plated stacks of runs yesterday I will look for Cueto to continue his dominance of the Rox and an easy Giants victory

Good luck if you play today :ok

On 5/29/2016, 1:41:29, danj2202 said:

10 pts San Francisco (-1.5) to bt Colorado 2.05 Bet365:)

20-19-2 +48.80

Todays main play

2 pts Eric Hosmer to hit a home run and Kansas to beat Cleveland 10.00 Paddy Power

Eric Hosmer has 11 long balls this season and has taken Josh Tomlin out the park twice in his career already. The record of Tomlin at 7-1 is something of a mirage as his ERA is higher tham todays starter for Kansas Ian Kennedy who has a losing record!!!. Tomlin has had some bad starts this year and none more so than lasttime out allowing 8 runs to Texas earlier this week, he is capable of having a shocker and Hosmer is definitely capable of hitting him in the seats. I expect Kansas to win the game which is available at odds against but I fancy boosting the odds with a Hosmer homer on top

best of luck if you are playing today :ok

22 hours ago, danj2202 said:

2 pts Eric Hosmer to hit a home run and Kansas to beat Cleveland 10.00 Paddy Power:(

20-20-2 +46.80

No homer for hosmer and no win for KC, max bet today

10 pts Pittsburgh (-1.5) to bt LA Angels 2.30

Gerritt Cole is the best pitcher the Pirates have and has been doing an excellent job on the hill in recent starts, the Angels are not exactly a powerhouse of an offensive unit despite plating some runs in recent days. Hector Santiago will pitch for the Angels and the lefty has been disgustingly bad allowing 15 earned runs over his last three short starts, Pittsburgh have plenty of hitters who can do damage and hit lefties fairly well so I would expect Cole to keep it solid and Pittsburgh to have their way with Santiago in a blowout today

Good luck if you are playing today :ok