Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** June Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Like2Fish, 3rd McG **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

Non-League April matches

Macclesfield v Cheltenham

Fair play to Cheltenham on winning the league this season. It wasn't something I thought they were capable of doing at the start of the season, but Gary Johnson has proven what a top class manager he is and he was a massive factor behind the reason they are going straight back to the Football League. Last week in the National League North Soliull were crowned Champions and in their next game last Saturday they lost to Hednesford who are essentially relegated. That was obviously an unexpected result, but what it shows is that teams who have won the title can ease up once their job has been done and Solihull certainly weren't the first team to have that happen to them. Macclesfield have been in really good form of late and are unbeaten in their last 9 games now and are finishing the season off nicely having initially looking like they had given up for the campaign. I'd have been tempted by the 16/5 anyway, but with the fact Cheltenham have nothing to play for now that price certainly makes plenty of appeal.

Concord Rangers v Havant & Waterlooville
Havant were a single figure price to win the league at the start of the season as they had done well to get to the play-offs last term and had spent money over the summer. The season has been a disaster though and they are in real danger of going down. They have only won one away game all season and were thumped 6-0 by St Albans last weekend. Concord have lost two of their last three and that has meant they can't reach the play-offs any more, and I suspect that is why they are as big as they are here as Havant obviously need the points. The problem is I am not sure Havant have it in them to get the points here and I think Concord are a backable price.

Eastbourne v Gosport
Eastbourne still need points to survive and although on the face of it they aren't in great form, that is mainly down to their away efforts as at home they have been strong of late. They have only lost twice in their last ten home games and they get three points here and then they will be playing National League South football next season. I don't really need to explain that they have a great chance of doing that against Gosport who I have been opposing for ages now. Chelmsford thumped them 6-1 last week and I can't believe Eastbourne are odds against. Bookies really seem to have missed the troubles at Gosport. Bookies have caught up with Margate though and Hemel are 1/3 to beat them on Saturday. It would be amazing if they didn't and Hemel can go in any accas you are doing this weekend. Grays have been another team we have been taking on, but bookies have been even more wary here as no one has priced their game up at the time of me writing this.

Hyde v Halesowen
I don't bet all that often in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier but it has been a very profitable league in the last few weeks. To be fair to Ilkeston they have bounced back of late and I was going to tip them up this weekend as they face bottom side Ramsbottom who haven't won since the beginning of January. The problem is they sacked their manager on Wednesday night and that muddy's the water a bit and given you couldn't trust Ramsbottom to take advantage I will leave the game alone. I won't be leaving Hyde alone though and they lost yet again on Monday. That night Nantwich were amazingly odds against and I can't believe that Halesowen are even bigger to beat a Hyde side, who let me remind you have only won twice since October. Darren Kelly has been in charge for 6 games now and Hyde have conceded 20 goals in that time. Halseowen did lose 3-0 on Tuesday night, but that was to an Ashton side who need points to get into the play-offs. They had won their two games before that and they will surely see this game as perfect opportunity to end the season on a high. As for Hyde it is their 3rd relegation on the bounce and I'm not sure we will be seeing them back at this level any time soon.

Eastbourne and Halesowen the Naps

It has been made easier this last few weeks because so many teams have been having issues. I'm just glad Hemel were way too short to back today as Margate found their form again. I think the fact Nikki Bull has confirmed he will be manager after all next season might have helped perked the players up to make sure he wont be manageing a team in the Ryman Prem. Also should have backed Ramsbottom after all as clearly not having a manager meant Ilkeston were clueless as they lost 4-0! Just wish I had risked it at the prices. Still can't complain as two big bets came in on two sides who were odds against, but should have been odds on.

Anyone who wants a punt on the Step 3 play-offs I have gone for Bognor, Salford and Redditch to win promotion. I have done the treble and the doubles to small stakes as I wouldn't say I had a really strong view, but Bognor were unlucky not to win the league in the end and have been super strong in their last 6 games. Salford look in best form in the Evo-Stik North as Blyth have struggled in the last few weeks and blew their chance of the title. Redditch have only lost once at home all season and are certain to be at home in both play-off games so that tipped the balance in their favour for me.

I fancy also Bognor. Also they are try to worth a bet at both Semi-Final Games now. Also i like today Blyth. They are also unlucky with 99 Points only on 2nd Place. So Workington are strong in away games, but think Blyth at Home are too strong for them. In the league the game ends 3:0 for Blyth in there home game.

1 hour ago, Neubs said:

I fancy also Bognor. Also they are try to worth a bet at both Semi-Final Games now. Also i like today Blyth. They are also unlucky with 99 Points only on 2nd Place. So Workington are strong in away games, but think Blyth at Home are too strong for them. In the league the game ends 3:0 for Blyth in there home game.

Blyth have not been playing well which would be my concern. They should really have won the league and they didn't and amazing how often clubs like that can't then get themselves up for the play-offs. Bognor meanwhile are different because getting the title would have been a massive bonus given how many games they have played. Blyth remind me of Poole last season who should have won their league blew it and then failed in the play-offs. As for betting on the individual matches on the whole it is something I tend to avoid as usually the prices are pretty tight and I don't think they are great matches to punt on.

Hayes was the opposing Gosport play which has been profitable all month although hard to be as strong today because of how bad Hayes have been themselves but even so it was still a massive price. Wrexham have nothing to play for now and Barrow been strong at home all season. Barrow should have been favourites.