** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monday Racing

3.00 Cork - Shanghai Beauty @ 7/1 Betfair

Very interesting opener at Cork with 2014 Breeder's Cup Turf Sprint winner Bobby's Kitten lining up for Weld in a Listed race. Can't see any betting angles though with questions about the ground for him and who knows how much ability Gordon Lord Byron retains. The favourites look solid in the 2.25 so my only bet on the card is Shanghai Beauty. Backed this one last week at the Curragh and was a bit disappointing after being so well supported in the build up. She traveled well enough though and maybe found the 6f at the Curragh a bit stiff as her best form is over 5f and at an easy 6f at Cork. She's been dropped a further 2lbs and will love the ground so I'll give her another chance on the flat 5f course at Cork.

3.30 Fairyhouse - Aengus e/w @ 12/1 Bet365 & Black Spot On e/w @ 33/1 Bet365

Aengus had back problems at the end of last season and although Meade said they sorted it his poor form continued into this year. He was good the last day though in a competitive looking race so maybe he's finally over the problems and can progress especially now back up in trip. Have to say I'm surprised Black Spot On has been dropped to 119 after a string of solid efforts over hurdles which culminated in an 8L defeat by Dedigout in a Grade 2 at the Fairyhouse festival last year. He hasn't been seen over hurdles since and has flopped over fences but that's not a big surprise as a flat bred and after his run on this card last year I'm sure this has been the target for a while.

535 Fairyhouse: Emily Gray 5/6 bet365/Skybet

Weather causing chaos with NR's in England so going to Ireland for a nap today!

Nice opportunity for Emily Gray to add to her three victories already this year. Beat the Mullins horse Gitane De Berlais last time out and her main danger today is another Mullins runner in Uranna who is rated a lot lower than her stable mate. Looks straight forward but we know it aint that easy. Emily Gray is very consistent and cant think of a reason why she wouldn't run up to her mark.

4.20 Fairyhouse: Value At Risk 5/1 William Hill

Just a look at this race from the English perspective; Shouldn't write this one off just yet. Was quite progressive last season and very well regarded and was intending to make his mark over fences this year. Things didn't go right and fell on his first two starts so reverted back to hurdles recently. His last run was more like it and that 2nd to a decent Nicholls runner off 139 may prove to have been decent form. Looks to have a bit to find with one or two of these on ratings but does receive a little bit of weight. Yard going well and not come for the day out.

9 hours ago, arsenalfh said:

3.00 Cork - Shanghai Beauty @ 7/1 Betfair

Very interesting opener at Cork with 2014 Breeder's Cup Turf Sprint winner Bobby's Kitten lining up for Weld in a Listed race. Can't see any betting angles though with questions about the ground for him and who knows how much ability Gordon Lord Byron retains. The favourites look solid in the 2.25 so my only bet on the card is Shanghai Beauty. Backed this one last week at the Curragh and was a bit disappointing after being so well supported in the build up. She traveled well enough though and maybe found the 6f at the Curragh a bit stiff as her best form is over 5f and at an easy 6f at Cork. She's been dropped a further 2lbs and will love the ground so I'll give her another chance on the flat 5f course at Cork.

3.30 Fairyhouse - Aengus e/w @ 12/1 Bet365 & Black Spot On e/w @ 33/1 Bet365

Aengus had back problems at the end of last season and although Meade said they sorted it his poor form continued into this year. He was good the last day though in a competitive looking race so maybe he's finally over the problems and can progress especially now back up in trip. Have to say I'm surprised Black Spot On has been dropped to 119 after a string of solid efforts over hurdles which culminated in an 8L defeat by Dedigout in a Grade 2 at the Fairyhouse festival last year. He hasn't been seen over hurdles since and has flopped over fences but that's not a big surprise as a flat bred and after his run on this card last year I'm sure this has been the target for a while.

My ratings for this race 

Black spot on   98.86

Angus  98.84

Just cause   98.79 

I think the top two look really good value ...Angus is 11/1 best now and I think just cause could be dangerous too at 20/1 although he may be a bit novice for this so ew top two looks the best bet ...good luck 

3pts ew Angus 11/1 sj   3pts ew black spot on 33/1 bet365

2.05 Redcar

Perfect Peak might get a soft lead in this race, but was well held at Southwell latest, only 1 win from 19 starts and also heavy ground doesn’t look likely to suit.

Spring Bird can go with some cut and also went well fresh last year, has dropped someway in the weights after a poor season last year and could be on a lenient mark.

Penny Royale was a good nose second last time out over CD in first time blinkers when last seen in October, however returns today back in cheekpieces which is a concern and ground is also a maor concern best form has come of good or fast ground.

Racing Angel has drifted markedly in the market which is a concern but I quite like her chances. She remains lightly raced and improved last summer winning at Leicester on good/soft and then over CD on fast ground before 2nd on last start at Leicester. If handling the ground conditions could easily have further improvement within her.

2pt win Racing Angel 4/1 bet365

3.45 Redcar

It is well worth taking a chance on Kiwi Bay at a huge price. He goes well here with 6 wins and 4 placed efforts from 21 runs. Can also handle some cut in the ground and also can go well fresh. Although not getting any younger and last win was off a 4lb lower mark but has won off much higher marks previously so not without hope and looks massively overpriced.

0.5pt e/w Kiwi Bay 66/1 corals

5 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

My ratings for this race 

Black spot on   98.86

Angus  98.84

Just cause   98.79 

I think the top two look really good value ...Angus is 11/1 best now and I think just cause could be dangerous too at 20/1 although he may be a bit novice for this so ew top two looks the best bet ...good luck 

3pts ew Angus 11/1 sj   3pts ew black spot on 33/1 bet365

gutted ..just cause wins ...almost backed all three to win instead of ew too ....one that got away ...bummer