** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

March 28 - April 3

Back Pablo Cuevas (+1.5 sets) to beat Gael Monfils for a 7/10 stake at 1.92 with Unibet

Back Andy Murray (-3.5) to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 7/10 stake at 1.71 with Unibet

Back Andrey Kuznetsov (-2.5) to beat Adrian Mannarino for a 7/10 stake at 1.95 with Unibet

What an awful week the last one was, glad it is already over and I'll be hoping to bounce back as soon as possible - I mean seriously, Ferrer? Taking these three today - Murray should finally find his focus against Dimitrov, Kuznetsov should be way too strong for Mannarino give how good he's been against such opposition since the start of the season, and I also fancy Cuevas to win at least a set against Monfils.

Full preview here: punts.pl/MiamiDay6

Back Viktoria Azarenka (-4.5) to beat Garbine Muguruza for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Unibet

Back Svetlana Kuznetsova (+1.5 sets) to beat Serena Williams for a 7/10 stake at 2.85 with 10bet

Back Madison Keys (-4.5) to beat Irina Begu for a 7/10 stake at 1.91 with Unibet

Going with these three in the women's. Azarenka and Keys should be way too strong for their opponents, they've both been playing at least a level above them in recent days, while I also fancy Kuznetsova to win a set off Williams, who's been very shaky and who also doesn't seem to be in the best of moods in Miami.

Full preview here: punts.pl/MiamiWeek2

Nick Kyrgios (-4.5) to beat Tim Smyczek for a 9/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddypower

Less court time for Kyrgios and more talent and form makes this encounter end in straight sets for Kyrgios with maybe something like 6-7 games more games won by Kyrgios. He should in all honesty crush Smyczek. Seeing how he made Baghdatis look silly makes this bet pretty obvious. Smyczek has been playing way to mutch to cope with this match. He will be read down to his knees by Kyrgios and his supposed tiredness will make the match go even quicker. I'm only saying supposed tiredness because maybe he is'nt very tired but it's likely that Tim is quite tired after qualifiers and two long matches in maindraw and then to be able to cope with a second week in his shoes, I think not. He was'nt even moving very well against either Isner or Paul and he's not as fit as Kyrgios.

Edited by four-leaf
He's instead of his

Azarenka Vs Muguruza This really has to be the match of the day by all standards of expectation, and rightly so. Azarenka currently is red hot and seemingly untouchable  compiling an 18-1 W-L record with titles in Brisbane and Indian Wells whilst never really having had to get out of fourth gear in most cases. She has not dropped a set since beating Pliskova at Indian Wells and commencing this latest clean run with the pulverization of Serena. On the other Hand Muguruza has been out of sorts for quite some time now, but looks like she has served notice and is beginning to re-emerge from the shadows. I really thought she played well enough against Gibbs yesterday to suspect that there should be more to come.

This will be the first matchup between both players with no previous scars to use as indicators, apart from a bit of clear reasoning, which only becomes employed in most cases after the facts have manifested in the physical. Really and truly, womens tennis has come a long way from what it used to be when immortals could dominate the game for three or four tournaments in a row like it was a right. Even now, the last immortal in the women's game, Serena has lost her invisibility due to the relentless pressure from the chasing bunch. She now seems to have settled for what I call sectional domination - which is what women's tennis is all about now. It therefore means that certain players will be expected to play well and win tournaments at some point during the year as others cool out and wait for their turns again. I just feel Muguruza's turn has come. She will play well today for certain. Whether she can win the tournament is another matter. In thinking about this match-up, my mind quickly drifted to some incompatible and odd matchups over the years that have been hard to explain but have something in common with this one. Serena/Sharapova, Pliskova/Ivanovic, and just to reinforce my point by example Barcelona/Arsenal (lol) etc. These are all players that like to dominate and cannot play on their back foot where one has to give. 

There are not many better ball strikers than Muguruza when she is in top form - in fact only Serena and Sharapova belong to that class. Not just senseless ball bashing, but thoughtful, aggressive and deep penetrating shots cocooned by a high level of consistency - which is the major difference between Vandeweghe and the rest. Vandeweghe has the sort of game to rule the world minus the consistency which really boils down to a mental dysfunction.

I will expect Azarenka to find problems holding her ground in the mist of the aerial bombardment that I would expect to come from Muguruza. Azarenka is also vulnerable on the second serve which I expect Muguruza to eat up. Muguruza is a gentle and viscious bully that does well at bullying bullies. I expect her game to come to the fore tonight with a convincing win on the cards tonight. There could not be a better opportunity to oppose Azarenka and the odds look very gifty!! My tip for investment purposes will be Muguruza to win a set 9/10. Good luck!!!

Edited by liquidglass

Makarova is playing some splendid tennis out there right now. I got to say she will beat Svetlana Kuznetsova if she beats Elina which she is well on the way of doing right now. Svetlana mostly won because of Serenas high percentage of unforced errors. You could say that Svetlana did'nt beat Serena but Serena beat herself. Thing is that Svetlana has 5-1 head to head against Ekaterina and everytime Svetlana has won it's been in straight sets and Svetlana has won 4 straight between 2013 and 2015. Rather tricky match to call but Ekaterina is playing very well, no doubt.

Edited by four-leaf

Richard Gasquet to beat Tomas Berdych for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddypower

Gasquet is playing better then Berdych at the moment and he leads 7-6 head to head winning the last one 3-1 in US open 2015. Can't understand why any bookie puts Berdych as favourite here. There's not even enough between them in the rankings to justify Berdych as favourite. Richard has even beaten Tomas in the quarterfinals of this event 2013 in straight sets and that time the price on Gasquet was 3.0 I remember since I did bet on Gasquet back then and now it's 2.10 and it's basically the same Gasquet and the same Berdych.

Edit: Fact is that this Miami surface or this specific hard court is kind of slow and it favours Gasquet who likes it more when the surface is slower so that also speaks a bit in his favour. But there is no doubt that Berdych has been good in Miami before reaching the semis the last two years and the final once. Anyway I belive it's going to be a small upset. Johnson caused Berdych some troubles and Gasquet will cause even more.

Edited by four-leaf

Back Richard Gasquet to beat Tomas Berdych for a 7/10 stake at 2.20 with Bet365

Back Gael Monfils to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power

Back Nick Kyrgios (-3.5) to beat Andrey Kuznetsov for a 7/10 stake at 1.90 with Paddy Power

3-3 and finally a slice of profit yesterday, although Murray disappointed big time. Agree with four-leaf on Gasquet-Berdych today, while I also think that Monfils and Kyrgios should be able to win without much fuss considering what I've seen from them yesterday.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/NRXliG

I couldn't be taking Gasquet at them prices with his recent injury concerns with his back. He hasn't beaten anyone of any substance since Montpellier (Baghdatis) and has only really beaten claycourters in Ramos and an awful Paire who was serving first service at 38% and is renowned for throwing games away once he goes behind. Id say Steve Johnson is a much harder opponent on the hard court than Paire. Don't get me wrong, I do believe Berdych is on the decline but I think the price looks about right.

2 PICKS FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW:

ATP MIAMI: RAONIC-DZUMHUR 2:0 SETS @ 1.43 on pinnaclesports
Dzumhur is a good baseline player but Raonic is a real top 10 player now. Expect it to be 2 relatively close sets to Raonic.

ATP CHALLENGER RAANANA: WEINTRAUB-LESHEM 2:0 SETS @ 1.44  willhill/paddypower/centrebet (or any other bookie above 1.35)
Weintraub is a quality Challengers level player with a lot of tournaments won and a lot of good Davis Cup matches.

Raonic (-6) Dzumhur

Pinnacle 3.37

Raonic loves players like Dzumhur, who didn't have strong serve. Damir lost from Nadal 2:6 in the first set before the Spanish star started to feel some problems. I believe that at least once in three matches Raonic would cover the handycap.

Hantuchova - Dodin 2.23 Pinnacle

Hantuchova is another level. She is not in her best form, but the decision to go back to such tournaments probably is based on the fact that she needs some more self-confidence. Dodin is very strong in indoors, but Hantuchova is old fighter and I think she will have the edge here.

Goffin (-6)  - Zebaiilos 2.85 Pinnacle

Goffin is on the roll. After great IW tournament here he is flawless. Zeballos played 8 single matches in the last 11 days. Four of them were in 3 sets. He looked exhausted against Verdasco. Not sure if he will be able to recover. My only concern is that he may retire earlier. Superb odds here. I am pretty sure there will be 6:1 or 6:0 set

Back Gilles Simon to beat David Goffin for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Unibet

Back Novak Djokovic (-4.5) to beat Tomas Berdych for a 7/10 stake at 1.90 with Paddy Power

2-1 yesterday, too bad that Gasquet couldn't break Berdych somewhere at the start of the third when he was playing better than the Czech. Siding with Simon today for what are pretty much match-up and odds reasons, while I also fancy Djokovic to cover the line against Berdych, as I think that the Czech is going to be a beaten man from the get-go given how he's playing at the moment and how his recent matches with Djokovic went.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/CamRVx

3pts V.Azarenka to beat J.Konta 2-1 10/3 Ladbrokes
I fancy Konta to get a set here but Azarenka is just on fire at the moment. Muguruza would of beaten anyone else in that match, but Aza defended so well and when push came to shove in the tie-breaks she took control. Konta has a good serve so I do think she can hold her serve alot here. She got the first set against Aza in there only match-up before Aza retired in the second set. She is a big match player and she can push Azarenka to three sets in my opinion. 

Back Gael Monfils to beat Kei Nishikori for a 7/10 stake at 3.25 with Paddy Power

Back Nick Kyrgios to beat Milos Raonic for a 7/10 stake at 2.40 with BetVictor

Going with both underdogs today, the odds are just too tasty for me to go with the favourites, while the handicaps don't look too appealing for any of the sides either. Monfils isn't playing worse than Nishikori imo, while Raonic has also declined slightly since Indian Wells, so I do think that at least one is on the cards today - and I wouldn't be surprised to see two happening.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/7tdgt0

3pts Over 10.5 games in first set Evens Skybet
1pt Raonic to win set 1 7-6 10/3 bwin

Should be a tight match as Raonic isn't looking THAT great right now but still good enough to beat the majority. Either way I don't see Kyrgios breaking him and I think Kyrgios is enough of an athlete and with a good enough serve to hold his service too. I'm going for a tie break win (probably for Raonic) in the first set. 

4pts K.Nishikori -3.5 games to beat Monfils Evens Ladbrokes
Id be surprised if Monfils gets a set in this. In my opinion there is a big difference between the two. Monfils does great against players he should beat or who are playing badly but against top players you wont see him winning many. One head-2-head but on the grass, which Nish won but Nish has done well here in the past and hasn't even dropped a set yet. Agut could of been a banana skin for him and he beat him easily. The Dimitrov win is a good smokescreen for punters because people may think that's a good result but it wasn't that impressive. Dimitrov is in poor, poor form but lucky for him, Murray is a dead man walking thanks to his new sprog. Nish in two.

Back Novak Djokovic (-5.5) to beat David Goffin for a 7/10 stake at 2.08 with Unibet

Back Nick Kyrgios to beat Kei Nishikori for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with BetVictor

Djokovic should cover the handicap line if he plays at least somewhere like he did against Berdych, while I also very much like Kyrgios at odds against, he looked very fine yesterday and Nishikori might have fatigue issues if it goes to the distance.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/oC9amN

Kuznetzova (-1.5) - Azarenka 10.00 Tipico

Only two of their 8 meeting finished in three sets. Kuznetsova's last two wins against Aza were in two sets. It was a long time ago, but now Sveta is playing great tennis. She was able to return three times from set down. If she win the first one, I am not sure if Azarenka's game is going to rise up.

Sveta has a huge chance to comeback among the best tennis players. She is playing at her best. The field of opponents she passed by is better than those of Azarenka. Victoria will be under pressure, because everybody is talking about IW and Miami's double. H2H is pretty equal with 4:4. Great odds for such final.

Back Viktoria Azarenka (-1.5 sets) to beat Svetlana Kuznetsova for a 7/10 stake at 1.61 with 10Bet

Would love to see Kuznetsova winning a big title at this point of her career, but I'm afraid that she's not going to get all that much against the "virtual" world's number one. Azarenka is 10-0 sets here, 21-2 in terms of matches for the season, and her level of play has been higher so far here as well.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/k3eKX9

Klassen/Ram vs Mahut/Herbert 3.5 Pinnacle

Mahut and Herbert are in great form. Here they have easier draw and the only tough opponent for them was Brayant's bros. I was surprised to see Klaasen and Ram so far ahead but they showed everything in the tournament. Herbert/Mahut are still favorites to win this, but the odds are too good to be missed.

Shakharov - Sijsling 3.8 Pinnacle

Sakharov is playing his best tennis on home turf. His ranking is not correctly showing his qualities. I think he must be far ahead, and this is the chance to make the big jump. Sijsling is still trying to find his best form. Not sure if he will be ready for another tough match.

Nguyen - Berrer 3.58 Pinnacle

Nguyen already beat three better players then him by convincing fashion. Berrer is not at his best, but managed to get through the semis. It will be closer fight than odds are indicating.

Back Kei Nishikori Total Games - Over 8.5 (vs. Novak Djokovic) for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power

Not reading this tournament well at all, so I'm kinda happy that it will be over after this one, a match in which I'll be siding with Nishikori based on what I saw from both guys on Friday. Djokovic was completely average, should've gone a set down and who knows what would've happened, while Nishikori played a very solid match throughout, giving Kyrgios no chances to turn the tide. This shouldn't be the anticlimax that we saw in Indian Wells unless Djokovic suddenly turns it on big time.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/07tcH4