** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2016 AFL ROUND 1

Ashtee

Seems fairly predictabe how the line ups will look for most teams, so no hesitation taking these prices while they lasted.

Gold Coast -32.5 @ 1.93

Have impressed in preseason, shrewdly coached and I don't expect any major surpises from Essendon.

Collingwood @ 2.43

Strange to the venue but have the superior line-up available. Are the clear cut favorite to win IMO.

Port Adelaide -26.5 @ 2.01

A couple of boys under the Essendon suspension but still have a powerful looking team, who should bring a better brand of motivation than in 2015. Saints likely to be outclassed.

Edited by Ashtee

Melbourne - GWS OVER 169.5 @ 1.91

8-14 & 15-7 last season but of course rule changes and teams looking towards Hawthorn (2015 #2) model. Melbourne's previous game style obviously hasn't been good for their form, so I'll trust that they, do in fact, play a more open brand in the Round-1 conditions.

Season Wins: Sydney UNDER 14.0 @ 1.90

Have a significantly more shallow list than the dozen or so other teams contending for finals and not the best of signs when a couple of seasoned veterens can't even make it to the start line. May well find themselves subject to rebuild, with a list including fifteen gameless players and five under six games. 3.00 to Miss Top-8 is good deal, also.

Oh, so how times have changed all of a sudden - now we're talking about gold Coast as too experienced and I notice that GWS will probably be more experienced than Melbourne.

Totally unbiased pick their, I'm sure crowbot :lol. I actually think Adelaide's price is a bit big too. Got to love the headline mentality, whereby losing a star player gets thought of as though Crows have lost a third of their team. There's actually a lot to like about the likely team they'll take to Docklands IMO.

Fremantle @ 2.42 & +8.5 @ 1.97

The price seems an overaction to the Johnson theory + Sandilands, Bennell. They still field a highly credentialed squad, while Dogs, themselves, are missing a couple they'd like there and have gone with two first gamers. Always that danger WBD get a little ahead of themselves off a strong season (Eg. Port 2015). Dockers evens at worst IMO!

On 23 March 2016 11:29:52 AM, Ashtee said:

Melbourne - GWS OVER 169.5 @ 1.91

8-14 & 15-7 last season but of course rule changes and teams looking towards Hawthorn (2015 #2) model. Melbourne's previous game style obviously hasn't been good for their form, so I'll trust that they, do in fact, play a more open brand in the Round

Tailed, lets hope Melb continue their higher scoring post pre season.