** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

National League > March 2016

Aidymac

04/03/2016 Forest Green 36.75 37.50 - 41.00 46.75 Grimsby -10.00
05/03/2016 Altrincham FC 26.75 27.00 - 25.00 27.50 Macclesfield -0.75
05/03/2016 Boreham Wood 23.00 23.50 - 48.00 40.75 Barrow -17.75
05/03/2016 Braintree Town 27.25 32.00 - 34.50 28.00 Eastleigh -0.75
05/03/2016 Chester FC 17.25 12.50 - 17.00 23.50 Bromley -6.25
05/03/2016 Guiseley 26.00 24.50 - 43.50 31.50 Wrexham -5.50
05/03/2016 Lincoln 39.00 46.00 - 42.50 45.50 Aldershot -6.50
05/03/2016 Southport 20.25 14.50 - 35.00 38.50 Halifax -18.25
05/03/2016 Torquay 35.00 36.00 - 11.50 19.00 Kidderminster +16.00
05/03/2016 Tranmere 29.75 31.00 - 8.00 16.75 Gateshead +13.00
05/03/2016 Welling United 19.75 24.00 - 22.50 32.50 Cheltenham -12.75
05/03/2016 Woking 34.25 37.00 - 56.00 38.00 Dover Athletic -3.75

Woking v Dover

A week after a goalkeeper scoring in injury time cost me a nice winner, Maidstone went and let two goals in during injury time to stop them from adding to Aldershot as wining tips last week. It is funny how rarely these things go for you! Anyway onto this week and just the two bets stand out in a tricky set of fixtures. Woking may have sorted out their off the field issues regarding end of season bonuses, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference on the pitch and they are in the middle of their second slump of the season. Including Saturday's FA Trophy loss to Grimsby they have lost four on the bounce now and those have included defeats to Guiseley and a Bromley side who hadn't won for ages prior to beating them. Dover have been a real surprise package this season, but they have a really good side. It is a shame their chairman is thinking of walking away if their crowds don't pick up and it is also strange why more people aren't going to watch them given how well they are doing. They have a great chance of making the play-offs and although they were disappointing in the FA Trophy against Nantwich last weekend and then lost to Southport in the week, I think they have it in them to bounce back here. I would make them favourites for the game so just under 2/1 with Marathon is a good price.

Stalybridge v Alfreton
Alfreton have been storming up the National League North table in the last couple of months and prior to Tuesday's defeat against AFC Telford they had gone ten games unbeaten. They were in front twice though and although obviously disappointing they went on to lose the game Telford were ironically enough coming off the back of a very good performance against Stalybridge. Stalybridge blew a 5-2 lead to only end up getting a point and that has to have felt like a defeat for them. Alfreton have won their last five away games and are looking very strong on the road. Given Stalybridge also conceded five in their previous game against Worcester it is clear their defence is suspect at the moment. Betway's 9/5 looks a fair price.

Any ideas for today? I prefer Altrincham against Gateshead. Altrincham not with the badest results last Games and Gateshead also with many Games in last Weeks and in comming Week.

Forgotten I hadn't posted my preview here yet, but another quiet weekend.

Macclesfield v Lincoln
It is another quiet weekend on the tipping front this week as only two teams appeal. The first of them is Lincoln. Now I don't really like backing teams who haven't won in a while either home or away and Lincoln haven't won in six away matches. However, they are generally in much better form than their hosts that they have to be worth a bet. They have gone five games unbeaten now and look to have turned a corner after being in dreadful form a few weeks ago. I have been opposing Macclesfield to great affect for a while now and I see no reason to not continue to do so this weekend. They have only picked up two points in their last seven games and have picked up just a point in their last six home matches. This looks a perfect opportunity for Lincoln to pick up three points on their travels again and at around 2/1 with Marathon it looks a good price.

Gosport v Concord
Gosport maybe 4th in the National League South table, but they are in woeful form at the moment having only won once in their last six matches. They had a few off the field issues and had a transfer embargo in place, although the club say that should be lifted soon I can find nowhere saying it had. This is clearly affecting the players as they are struggling to win a game and Concord are very hard to beat. They have gone nine games unbeaten and although they have drawn more than they have won I do think Marathon's 41/19 is worth taking as they look in better shape than their hosts at the moment.

I think you misunderstand me. I hadn't had time to look at the fixtures until about 2 hours before kick off this afternoon. I posted on here as soon as I had put my bets on. As was posted on here a few weeks ago ilkeston let a load of players go and now have a very youthful side. They somehow managed a win against Salford but have lost their 6 other games since it happened. I must admit I had forgotten about it again as it isn't a league I bet in very often but remembered about it again today and glad I did as halesowen were a cracking price. 

Braintree v Bromley

Braintree have probably been the story in the National League this season and they are looking like they will get into the play-offs. They do have some issues ahead of this game on Good Friday though. They only have two strikers in the squad and both are injured and they have a couple of other injuries as well. Also they had 3 players play for England C in the week so they have had a long journey to the Ukraine as well as playing the game. None of this is going to help their small squad. Now I fully accept that they are in good form at the moment, they have only lost 4 times at home this season and only conceded 11 times, but if there is a time to take them on I think it is on Friday. Bromley should have won at Barrow last week and their form has picked up a lot since getting a new manager in. There is every chance this is going to be a tight game which may only be won by a single goal, but the value is certainly with the away side at 16/5 with Marathon.

Gateshead v Macclesfield
I have been opposing Macclesfield a fair bit in recent weeks and that has been rather profitable. They have drawn their last three games, but it has been ages since they last picked up three points and they were very poor against Boreham Wood last weekend. Macclesfield have nothing to play for now whereas the home side can still reach the play-offs. They have been performing with great credit even when they haven't been winning of late and with that incentive of having something to play for I can see that tipping things in their favour. I can't really understand why the away side are drifting and the 27/17 about the home side looks a good bet.

Woking v Kidderminster
It is no surprise to see Kidderminster being backed as Woking's shocking form continues. They had a weekend off last week, but I am not sure that will be enough to turn things around. They were hopeless against Cheltenham a couple of weeks ago and although Kidderminster are clearly not up to the same standard, but they did show what the are capable of last week when beating Lincoln 2-1. That was their first win in 7 and although they still look destined for the drop I can certainly see them picking up another 3 points here. I think Coral's 23/10 is great value.

Grays v Merstham
Into the Ryman Premier now and I think the away side are worth backing here. Grays are in poor form at the moment and not only that but they have to play on Thursday evening against Bognor. That isn't going to help them at all as this game will come less than 48 hours later and given their poor form at the moment you can imagine they won't really feel like playing this game so soon. Now I am writing this prior to that game on Thursday and if Grays did win then things might change a little, but Merstham are nearly 2/1 and I think that will be value whatever happens against Bognor.

Ashton v Ilkeston
Ilkeston let a few players go a few weeks ago as they look to focus their side on the youth side of things. The problem with doing that though is they have no experience in the side and apparently the average age of the squad is now 17. They have lost their last 6 games and conceded at least two goals in all those matches. A local journalist described their first half performance against Halesowen last Saturday as men against boys and they were 3-0 down at half time. Ashton are unbeaten in five and won four of them and are bang in the play-off picture. They are obviously short in the win market, but 11/10 about them winning at half time and full time looks good value.

Kidderminster are the Naps

On 3/24/2016, 3:46:06, addpea said:

Braintree v Bromley

Braintree have probably been the story in the National League this season and they are looking like they will get into the play-offs. They do have some issues ahead of this game on Good Friday though. They only have two strikers in the squad and both are injured and they have a couple of other injuries as well. Also they had 3 players play for England C in the week so they have had a long journey to the Ukraine as well as playing the game. None of this is going to help their small squad. Now I fully accept that they are in good form at the moment, they have only lost 4 times at home this season and only conceded 11 times, but if there is a time to take them on I think it is on Friday. Bromley should have won at Barrow last week and their form has picked up a lot since getting a new manager in. There is every chance this is going to be a tight game which may only be won by a single goal, but the value is certainly with the away side at 16/5 with Marathon.

Gateshead v Macclesfield
I have been opposing Macclesfield a fair bit in recent weeks and that has been rather profitable. They have drawn their last three games, but it has been ages since they last picked up three points and they were very poor against Boreham Wood last weekend. Macclesfield have nothing to play for now whereas the home side can still reach the play-offs. They have been performing with great credit even when they haven't been winning of late and with that incentive of having something to play for I can see that tipping things in their favour. I can't really understand why the away side are drifting and the 27/17 about the home side looks a good bet.

Woking v Kidderminster
It is no surprise to see Kidderminster being backed as Woking's shocking form continues. They had a weekend off last week, but I am not sure that will be enough to turn things around. They were hopeless against Cheltenham a couple of weeks ago and although Kidderminster are clearly not up to the same standard, but they did show what the are capable of last week when beating Lincoln 2-1. That was their first win in 7 and although they still look destined for the drop I can certainly see them picking up another 3 points here. I think Coral's 23/10 is great value.

Grays v Merstham
Into the Ryman Premier now and I think the away side are worth backing here. Grays are in poor form at the moment and not only that but they have to play on Thursday evening against Bognor. That isn't going to help them at all as this game will come less than 48 hours later and given their poor form at the moment you can imagine they won't really feel like playing this game so soon. Now I am writing this prior to that game on Thursday and if Grays did win then things might change a little, but Merstham are nearly 2/1 and I think that will be value whatever happens against Bognor.

Ashton v Ilkeston
Ilkeston let a few players go a few weeks ago as they look to focus their side on the youth side of things. The problem with doing that though is they have no experience in the side and apparently the average age of the squad is now 17. They have lost their last 6 games and conceded at least two goals in all those matches. A local journalist described their first half performance against Halesowen last Saturday as men against boys and they were 3-0 down at half time. Ashton are unbeaten in five and won four of them and are bang in the play-off picture. They are obviously short in the win market, but 11/10 about them winning at half time and full time looks good value.

Kidderminster are the Naps

Chose the Ashton game to follow out of these lot. Great shout addpea, much appreciated