** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

David Nicholson Mares Hurdle - Tuesday 15th

Mares preview

Verdict:

Impossible to get away from the Mullins domination. He looks very likely to make it eight wins on the bounce in this contest with Vroum Vroum Mag (or Annie Power if she runs).  On bare ratings Polly Peachum has every chance of at least repeating her feat of a podium place from twelve months ago but is not much value at the prices. I like both Aurore D’Estruval and The Govaness at the current odds and both should run solid enough races. If Aurore D’Estruval can return to form I think she has the class to give the favourite a run for her money.

Selections:

Vroum Vroum Mag 5/4 Paddy Power

Aurore D’Estruval EW 11/1 William Hill

• 2 weeks later...

Vroum vroum mag. 99.12

smart talk. 99.09

jessbers dream 99.07

smart talk will probably go elsewhere leaving mullins star clear here ...will be hard to beat but there seems huge ew value in jessbers dream ...currently priced at 25/1 thats far too big and will be my first bet 

jessbers dream 5 pts ew 25/1 wh 

I don't think Vroum Vroum Mag is as good over hurdles as fences and she's priced up as an unexposed horse with more improvement which I'm nor sure is the case making her vulnerable at a very short price. Polly Peachum also sets a good standard but she is exposed. Therefore it's worth looking at some horses at big prices who could very well hit a mark of somewhere near 150 which could see them get involved.

Aurore D'Estruval has had a wind op and better ground should bring more improvement whilst her disappointing effort last time was when the Curtis' team were well off form. However I prefer Harry Fry's Desert Queen who looked a progressive horse with lots of promise earlier in the season before a couple of disappointing efforts over 3m. She's a very keen going sort so the drop back to 2m 4f will suit and the better ground is very much in her favour. If she settles better today I think she has a great chance of hitting the frame at least at a big price.

Desert Queen e/w @ 50/1 Racebets

I am going to back Polly Peachum to exact revenge on this race from last year where she was touched off at the line as we know she loves the conditions she will get today.

I am also going to follow arsenalfh with Desert Queen. This is a last minute bet but I watched the previous reversal behind VVM and looking back at her form, 3 miles is too far for her given how freely she travels and the shorter trip on better ground is sure to bring improvement and she doesnt have much to find to be a win contender. Furthermore I always consider running from the front to be a big help in this race at Desert Queen will want to try and make it all. She is definitely overpriced.