** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Thursday Racing

3 jump meetings and unfortunately all three are ruined by the ground. Best race of the day is at Kelso where Top Notch should get his head back in front but i'm old enough to remember Zaynar getting beta in this race at 1/12 a few years ago. Unioniste goes here instead of the National trial on Saturday in a later race and i hope he wins. He showed much more enthusiasm last time out and looked ready to strike again.

Leicester is Heavy, even on the chase course which means the hurdle track must have been flooded! Believe me i used to live near the course and the Chase track is always much, much better than the hurdles course. Its clay and on the inside near the golf course its drainage is useless. I see Nicholls sends one up for the Class 3 handicap and Stiletto is now a 5/4 shot. Fair race and at first glance liked Silver Roque but i think this will be a prep for a race on better ground later on.

The Nap goes at Fontwell. I wouldn't normally back such a horse. First time out after coming over from Ireland, the form is hard to weigh up but reading between the lines i really think this horse is a class above this lot. Now it may not be today that he struts his stuff but worth a bet in a terrible race.

Nap: 440 Fontwell: Claire Pet 15/8  Stan James / BetVictor

Irish import running for Dr Richard Newland for the first time. Was rated 109 after a maiden hurdle victory but career went on stall after trying fences. Back over hurdles this season and ran two very promising races before being sold to the Doctor. Has found a good opportunity here, likes the ground, stays well and has put a 10b claimer on just to make sure. The danger is the fav Lee Side Lady who has won here before and was second last time at Fakenham in a poor race.

Pot= Fontwell 12 bets

56c5944f277aa_ScreenShot2016-02-18at09.5

Good luck with the Pot BH !

I've gone for Soll in the Grand National trial.......not convinced by Unioniste though it would appear to be between those two. Unioniste seems to have gone a bit sour lately and I'm not sure returning to the track so quickly is the right thing to do with him.

We'll see !

Lots of small fields today which is a bit of a bummer as I've been trying to get some bigger priced EW shots lately having gone through a lean spell trying to find winners..........there's no races today that have an EW feel about them

I like the look of Jayo Time in the 2.45 at Leicester but only 3 runners and no decent odds on any of them really and he's favourite. The Post have gone for All Together but he looks a bit of a dicky jumper.......that's a dilemma becasue you'd think jumping was more difficult ou of heavy ground but on the other hand the ground and small field might mean they go really slow which will give plenty of time to get the fences right. I'll be watching how he gets on at the jumps !