** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

February 15 - February 21

Back Carla Suarez-Navarro to win WTA Dubai for a 2/10 stake at 21.00 with Unibet

Back K.Pliskova/C.Vandeweghe - Over 19.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power

Back Caroline Garcia (-3.5) to beat Anna Karolina Schmiedlova for a 7/10 stake at 1.79 with Unibet

Suarez-Navarro looks like the value play to me here - not only is she in the weakest part of the draw, but she's also on offer for a very big price. In round one, I also fancy the overs in the Pliskova/Vandeweghe match and the games handicap on Garcia, who really should have too much for the incredibly out-of-form (and also slightly out-of-shape) Schmiedlova.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/wta-dubai-outright-2016021402

Back Joao Sousa (-2.5) to beat Robin Haase for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power

Back David Goffin to beat Hyeon Chung 2-0 for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Unibet

Going with the two most obvious bets on Monday. Sousa should be way too strong for the completely out-of-form Haase, he's in good nick and also the much better player of the two. And yeah, I'll also keep opposing Chung until I get to see him play well indoors (the match vs. GGL wasn't streamed, so I have no idea what happened there).

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-marseille-day-one-2016021403

1pt D.Gavrilova to win WTA Dubai 70/1 888Sport

Taking a crazy outright pointer here as Bencic could be tired and Halep is coming into this with a question mark over her recent form in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, this price is very unlikely to come in but Id rather take this then some short priced favourite in this tournament. Id fancy her against Ivanovic and then against Halep we dont know which Halep will turn up so why not 

Brengle - Makarova 3.70 Matchbok

Brengle is leading H2H with 1:0, but their only match was 8 years ago. Makarova is far away from her form, that she showed year ago. The Russian was out of courts at the end of last year and now I think she is still not in her primer level. On the other hand Brengle is known to be capable of causing upsets against favorites. She is typical American hard court player. Good odds for Brengle.

2pts G.Dimitrov to win ATP Delray Beach 9/2 Skybet
1p T.Fritz to win ATP Delray 50/1 Paddypower

I like Karlovic for this tournament but am not sure on his fitness so I'm leaving him alone. In the top half I'll take a small one pointer on young Taylor Fritz after his superb performance in Memphis. yes, he will be tired but at such a young age he will be raring to go. In the bottom half, Mannarino and Tomic normally do well here but I'm going with the freshness of Dimitrov to come  through.

2pts P.Cuevas to win Rio 28/1 Skybet
2pts A.Dolgopolov to win Rio 33/1 Skybet
1pt J.Souza to win Rio 125/1 Skybet

I like Fognini in this tournament too but I'll go with just the two and a massive outsider. Almagro and Thiem I will assume will tire in this tournament and both have difficult routes also so I'm taking a few players who have done well here in the past. Cuevas and Dolgo could meet at the latter stages and I can't decide which to go for so I'm taking both of them and Souza on home turf.

N Vijay Sundar Prashanth -vs- Jimmy Wang 3.05 Pinnacle

The Indian is playing on his home turf. He is capable to make surprises and loves the surface. Wang is far away from his best days. Pretty much 50-50 match, but with better odds for Prashanth.

Novak - Kamke 2.84 Pinnacle

Dennis Novak is hard court player. He is constant and has a modest serve. Kamke's fitness is big question. Since his lost from Federer in Brisbane he didn't participate in any tournaments. The German is in constant injury mood so I am not sure if he will be able to show his best here.

5pts J.Isner to beat G.Pella 2-0 11/10 Skybet
Only real success you find for Pella recently is in Challengers and tends to lose when faced against good opposition. Isner should atleast be fresh here and I think although his serve will be "watered down" with the clay court it will still present enough of a problem for Pella. 

Irigoyen - Kostova 2.76 Pinnacle

Two opponents with very close qualities. Irigoyen is better clay court player. She was in the continent for the last few weeks playing in red surface, while Kostova have been in USA, then went to Israel and now returns to South America.

Connor Smith - Gonzalo Escobar 2.84 Pinnacle

Smith is a typical hard court player, who understood that he is better on faster surfaces. The American is not showing his best form, but he must defend some points from last year, when he reached second round. Escobar is noting special. He passed the qualifications, beating two weak opponents and Gerard Granollers, who also is not a typical hard court player. Escobar is 2/6 on challenger level, so I don''t think he must be the favorite in this one.

Back Nick Kyrgios (-2.5) to beat Vasek Pospisil for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Unibet

Back Alexander Zverev (-2.5) to beat Julien Benneteau for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power

The two most obvious bets for me again. Pospisil and Benneteau haven't been looking great in recent weeks, while there's nothing that one could criticize Kyrgios and Zverev for in this season. Both should be too strong for their opponents on Tuesday.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-marseille-day-two-2016021503

-5pts

4pts B.Strycova to beat T.Pironkova Evens Betfred
I think the reason this is chalked up as a 50/50 is because Pironkova beat Strycova recently in straight sets, however Strycova served really badly that match and I'm giving her the benefit on that one. Both of these players have been on poor runs of form prior to this tournament but when you look closer at whom they have lost to... Strycova 4 losses in last 6 against Venus, Pliskova, Pav and Mladenova. She has beaten Lisicki in that cluster. Pironkova, before Dubai had lost 9 of her last 10 on the hard which included losses to the likes of Sam Crawford. I fancy Stry to get revenge 

1 PICK FOR ATP MARSEILLE:
1/2 AMOUNT ON ZVEREV -4.5 GAMES OVER RAMANATHAN @ 1.7 on pinnaclesports
1/2 AMOUNT ON ZVEREV 2:0 sets OVER RAMANATHAN @ 1.5 on pinnaclesports/ladbrokes
Zverev is a very good indoors player with a good recent form, and expect it to be a comfortable win for him over an Indian player with no real European indoors experience.

Three more interesting pics from today:

Ce/Kostova - Mchale Tatishvili 2.85 Pinnacle

Kostova is on fire with three very good wins here. Ce is stable doubles player, who is very good on clay. McHale and Tatishvili are in awful form, both lose very convincingly on single. In other situation they would be for sure favorites with those odds, but now I think their chances of winning the match are lower. Value bet.

Lottner - Panova 2.31 Pinnacle

Lottner is in great form. She reached semifinal in the last tournament that she participated. Also she is very good in the specific surface - carpet. Panova  beat two weak opponents in St. Petersburg qualifiers and I am not convinced that she is favorite here.

Oyen - Knoll 2.81 Pinnacle

The girls clashed recently and Oyen was a clear winner with 6:3, 6:1. In the first match she was outsider with odds 4.50. Knoll is coming from St. Petersburg, when she made a good dobules match, but here the carpet surface is very different and will suit Oyen better.

4pts D.Gavrilova to beat A.Ivanovic 6/4 Sportingbet
I fancy Gavrilova to do well this week. They played not too long ago on the clay, in Rome and Dasha won that one and and now they face eachother on Dashas more preferred surface. This will probably be another very close match but if Dasha can use her forehand to good use she can most definitely win this.

5pts P.Cuevas -4 games to beat F.Bagnis 6/5 Bet365
I see Cuevas doing well this tournament and he should win this in straight sets in my opinion. Not too much value on the set scoring so I'll take the games handicap as this could be a 6-4 6-3 job. Head-2-head reads 1-0 Cuevas. He was 5-1 up and Bagnis retired. I think Cuevas is a level above Bagnis.

Zverev Vs Benneteau

Zverev is in sublime form and playing very well no doubt. However, I really believe that tennis is no longer what it used to be like in the early days of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal where a player could dominate for a few weeks in a row from tournament to tournament regardless of surface. The only superman left is the Djoker, and he really selects his tournaments these days to make sure he remains in prime condition. Zverev is a talented young lad with limited experience. After last week, I expect him to play well, but to face very serious resistance from a veteran playing at home. Benneteau has already won 2 matches on the surface and looks well rested to be of serious interest in this match, coupled with the home advantage and experience. I will be extra safe here and pick Benneteau to win a set 9/10. I believe it is a match he can win outright on the positive side. Good luck!

Edited by liquidglass

Back David Goffin (-3.5) to beat Mischa Zverev for a 7/10 stake at 1.88 with Unibet

Back Quentin Halys to beat David Guez for a 7/10 stake at 1.73 with William Hill

2-0 today, albeit slightly lucky that Benneteau didn't retire. In any case, I will be keeping it simple tomorrow once again - Goffin should be way too strong for Zverev on this surface and the talented Halys should also be able to get back to winning ways against the ageing lucky loser Guez.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-marseille-day-three-2016021610

-2ps

3pts D.Goffin to beat M.Zverev 2-0 5/6 Bet365
Played on the hardcourt before and Goffin won in straight sets and I'd expect the same today. I think although Goffin is alittle overrated in my eyes, he is a level above Zverev and he will pose a far bigger threat then the likes of Ilhan.

Very bad day yesterday for my pics, but hope today will be better :)

Xu/Zheng - Errani/Navaro 2.7 Pinnacle

Xu/Zheng are playing very well together. They will be fresh and highly motivated to make something here at doubles tournament. Navaro is currently playing a very tough 2 hours plus match against Garcia and Errani also will have a match just before the doubles clash. Probably they will be a little bit tired.

Kolar - Olivetti 2.49 Pinnacle

Both guys are serving very solidly. Olivetti is depending very much of his first serve. Kolar is in amazing form. He did it very well in qualifications and here will be a very tough test for Olivetti.

5pts C.Vanderweghe to beat K.Mladenovic Evens Skybet
Head-2-head met twice and both times Coco won so it seems a good match-up for her. Before there last matches both these players have been on poor form. I think the difference in this match will be the serving though. Mlad offered up 11 break points for Tsurenko in the last round of which she could only get 3. Coco only offered 3 to a better player in Pliskova and she wasn't broken once. Coco to win.

18 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Back David Goffin (-3.5) to beat Mischa Zverev for a 7/10 stake at 1.88 with Unibet

Back Quentin Halys to beat David Guez for a 7/10 stake at 1.73 with William Hill

2-0 today, albeit slightly lucky that Benneteau didn't retire. In any case, I will be keeping it simple tomorrow once again - Goffin should be way too strong for Zverev on this surface and the talented Halys should also be able to get back to winning ways against the ageing lucky loser Guez.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-marseille-day-three-2016021610

Halys struggling big time can't control his unforced errors 

Mr Tsonga loses to the world-ranked number 338. Seriously, you're in the wrong job. You're a Grand Slam finalist.

I'm sure I speak for everyone on here when I say lack of consistency is one of our biggest nightmares when trying to win money from betting.