** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Chala's Lays

Re: Chala's Lays Welcome rodlyons - a good post to start with too. I agree with chala here - obviously a winner means a placed gg as well, but generally there is not as high outlay when laying the horse to place and there is absolutely no need to drop place lays when they are well in profit (a smallish sample so far but time will tell). Keep up good work, chala;)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Chala's Lays It has to work if you are able to maintain good enough strike rate - well you are in fact backing almost each horse @ odds against NOT to place (as the odds are usually odds on) so a strike rate around 50 per cent will do (for the above example), which is never the case when laying horses to win.

Re: Chala's Lays Cheers for the interest guys. I forgot to mention WFTE's 2 laying systems. If you search for thread titles "lay the racing post" rodlyons you will see that WFTE tried two laying systems, one to win and the other to place for quite a long time, and it was the lays to place that showed significantly better profit. Sandown 16:15 - Top Spec 5.7 (2.24?)

Re: Chala's Lays Ripon 14:20 - Everest 5.4 (n/a) Decided not to lay this one to place, there are only 8 runners, so your offering the backer a good chance with 3/8 (possibly better if another drops out). The True place odds should be 1.86, but you can usually lay at lower than that when there are only 8 runners, but for some reason it's trading at 1.96 on betfair, far too high for me.

Re: Chala's Lays Thirsk 17:00 - Trivandum 3.69 (1.62) - 8th/8 @ 7 :D Windsor 18:35 - Out For A Stroll 6.2 (2.3?) - 12th/14 @ 9 :D Both selections well beaten today, Trivandum odds were reduced after Zerlina was declared a non runner. Unfortunately the place lay on Out For A Stroll was not matched, so we lost a potential winner there. Win Lays: 19/21 +67.55 pts Place Lays: 9/16 +20.2 pts

Re: Chala's Lays Worcester 17:15 - Caspers Case 3.35 (1.62) - 1st/14 @ 3.75 :@ I knew I shouldn't have layed that one, oh well, next time I have doubts I'll leave it. Win Lays: 19/22 +55.8 pts Place Lays: 9/17 +17.1 pts

Re: Chala's Lays Cheers AK :ok Newmarket 21:10 - Kool Ovation 5.3 (2.3?) - 4th/15 @ 4.5 :D Newmarket 14:10 - Bluff 5.5 (2.16?) - 10th/12 @ 7.5 :D Fortunately we've made up for the Casper Case win quite quickly. However the Bluff place lay was unmatched, so we lost a potential winner there (could have laid it at 2.32). Win Lays: 21/24 +65.3 pts Place Lays: 10/18 +21.85 pts

Re: Chala's Lays Cheers mate, suppose theres more satisfaction in finding a winner. But fingers crossed I won't be finding many, otherwise it's bye bye to the profit! Newcastle 20:20 Blue Tomato 6.2? (2?) Newmarket 20:40 Victory Design 2.84 (1.38)

Re: Chala's Lays Newcastle 20:20 Blue Tomato 6.2? (2?) - 3rd/8 @ 7 Newmarket 20:40 Victory Design 2.84 (1.38) - 6th/8 @ 2.625 :D At Last the unmatched bets work in our favour. The win lay on blue tomato was matched, but the place lay wasn't, making it a good day. Win Lays: 26/29 +89.05 pts Place Lays: 13/22 +30.6 pts