** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

February 8 - February 14

Back Joao Sousa (+1.5 sets) to beat Roberto Bautista-Agut for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Unibet

Back Robin Haase (+1.5 sets) to beat Gilles Simon for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power

Back Marcos Baghdatis to win ATP Rotterdam for a 1/10 stake at 17.00 with Bet365

A small outright bet on Baghdatis for me, he still has what it takes, as well as plus set handicaps on Sousa and Haase. Sousa beat Bautista-Agut in their previous two matches and he should be more ready for this fight given that the Spaniard had a long week in Sofia, so a set should be fully within his reach, while Haase should also win a set if Simon plays like he did in Montpellier, as he was simply awful there.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-rotterdam-day-three-2016020904

Taylor Fritz to win ATP Memphis 36.00 888.com

This guy is the future of American tennis. He showed very good tennis against Mmoh. Now he has a chance to make a break. The only strong player here is Nishikori.

Fritz has very good service and already showed that is capable to stun some better ranked players.

Back Marcos Baghdatis to beat Martin Klizan for a 7/10 stake at 1.67 with BetVictor

Back Alexander Zverev to beat Gilles Simon for a 7/10 stake at 3.50 with Bet365

Back Viktor Troicki (-2.5) to beat Hyeon Chung for a 7/10 stake at 1.70 with Unibet

Three for me tomorrow - Baghdatis should be able to beat Klizan, just playing too well right now for that not to happen, while I also fancy Troicki to finally get Chung out of the tournament after that fluke result the youngster got against GGL. Finally, I don't really understand the odds that are on offer for Zverev. Sure, he might be young and he might also still be the worse player of the two, but Simon was horrible in Montpellier and he wasn't much better against Haase either, so I think that the German has a real chance here.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-rotterdam-day-four-2016021004

I do not see much wrong with your choice of picking Baggy over Klizan apart from the fact that I thought the post-comment was misleading. How well Baggy is really playing compared to Klizan is very widely open to debate, but certainly not much more especially with no head to heads available. Klizan looks slightly the one in the ascendency if fatigue does not become a factor. Good luck anyways!

Chung Vs Troicki

Very surely if this indulgence of trying to look for needles in a haystack must remain an enigma to punters, then Bautista or Troicki in next round look possible prime candidates for having needles in their haystacks.. Troicki for one is the architypal punters nightmare (The dopeman) always seems to come back from any deficit to mess up one's parlay. He never ever seems to run out of steam in his superman transformation. He has to be very likable here especially against a player who on the face of it looks no match apart from being armed with a bit of reputation. Surely enough the Troicki price cannot be right at 2/5 or can it be? Troicki has played way too many matches up to this point for my liking and looks ready to fall on his face especially after struggling through a 3 setter yesterday. He will certainly need more of that helper and a healthy dose of cuban bananas to get out of this unscathed. At this price, I will be better off backing Chung to win a set at 4/7 for value. However for me, I will be happy to take Chung at 7/4 all day even with the negative record. Good luck all!

Bagnis/Agruello - Delbonis/Molteni 2.41 Pinnacle

A very equal clash. Bagnis and Arguello formed last year their team and are 7/1 now. They beat a strong team Duran/Meyer in the first round. Molteni is a classy doubles player, but his form is not the same is it was last year. Delbonis never showed good results on doubles. Value bet IMO.

Dzumhur - Berankis 2.7 Pinnacle

Both guys participated last week in Sofia. Dzumhur beat in form Vesely and in Melbourn he overcame another in form player Kyle Edmond. Berankis has some problems against Sela. It will be a close match with better odds for Dzumhur, who improved a lot since his two losses from Berankis.

V. Dushevina/B. Krejcikova-vs-M. Niculescu/L. Siegemund 2.28 Pinnacle

My pic here is for Dushevina and Krejcikova. They are not the better pair, but are well rested. Niculescu just lost her match against Babos and called for a medical pause. Siegemund is currently playing. They will have some time to rest, but will it be enough? Not so sure. The motivation for them will be on the lower part of the scale.

What i have seen from Baghdatis does not impress me. The guy looks better than in recent years in terms of physical shape, but....he is still NOT as good as he was in the past. He is scared to hit winners any more because of lacking self confidence, and instead of that, he is waiting- till 41 shots rally- the opponent to make the mistake.

I have no clue about current Klizan, therefore NO BET for me

My only selection is  Alexander the Great +3.5 games to beat Simon @1.83 offered by bet365

I rate Alexander very competitive after i watched him  yesterday and last week, in contrary with Simon who i watched against Brown in Montpellier and he was pathetic 

ciao members! Good luck! money money

2 hours ago, ogii55 said:

V. Dushevina/B. Krejcikova-vs-M. Niculescu/L. Siegemund 2.28 Pinnacle

My pic here is for Dushevina and Krejcikova. They are not the better pair, but are well rested. Niculescu just lost her match against Babos and called for a medical pause. Siegemund is currently playing. They will have some time to rest, but will it be enough? Not so sure. The motivation for them will be on the lower part of the scale.

Niculescu/Siegemund retired at 3:4 at the first set :(

Back Martin Klizan to beat Roberto Bautista-Agut for a 7/10 stake at 3.40 with Bet365

Back Viktor Troicki (-3.5) to beat Nicolas Mahut for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power

Good day today with Zverev winning and I'll go with these two tomorrow. Bautista-Agut seems to be getting tired and Klizan has troubled him a lot in nearly all of their previous matches, so he does look worth a shot at 3.40, while Troicki really should have too much for Mahut. The Serb actually looked surprisingly fresh against Chung, while I'd say that Mahut is quite lucky to still be here, so I'll be taking the better player on the games handicap in this one.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-rotterdam-day-five-2016021109

I've got four matches for today:

Pavluchenkova - Bencic 2.76 Pinnacle

The Russian is one of the best players on the surface. She is starting to find her form here. Bencic wasn't impressive against Beck. 18-year old Swiss player has everything to be number 1, but her problem is that she often is loosing her focus during a match. Pavluchenkova is kind of player that didn't make many mistakes if she has a day.

Zverev - Monfis 4.00 Matchbook

Zverev is playing better against good players. He proved it yesterday against Simon with a great comeback. He looked very tired, but I think he will recover. Monfis is not in form. He was struggling against Coric, who also is far away from his best. If Zverev was able to recover well, he will be a serious test for Monfis.

Nishioka - Querrey 3.02 Matchbook

So far Nishioka is very impressive. He beat easy Marchenko and now will have a chance to meet his country mate Nishikori if he passed by QUerrey. The American is not in top form since the start of the season. Querrey needs a day with his serve to cause problems to the modest defensive tennis of Nishioka.

Wesley Koolhof/Matwe Middelkoop - Steve Johnson/Sam Querrey 2.87 Pinnacle

This is my tip of the day. The Dutch duo is in great form. They are coming after a title in Sofia and they are showing amazing focus in the most important moments of the match. Querrey will have a match on singles earlier at the day which is a big minus for the team that needs all the power from their serve to go forward at the tournament.

I bet Klizan can't believe his luck in this match. Should of lost in straight sets with a match point for Agut and now Agut is throwing in the towel. Agut dominates this guy and IMO Klizan is just a big hitter who will never be a top player.

Back Martin Klizan to beat Nicolas Mahut for a 9/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power

A heroic effort from Klizan today and one that really showed that he's already made some progress as far as his mentality is concerned. He didn't give up when down, he gave just one silly break away, very good apart from that. Bautista-Agut was unreal in the first two sets, chasing even the hardest of shots down, but Klizan endured and that should serve him well against Mahut, who I think was just lucky to get a surprisingly tired Troicki in the previous round.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-rotterdam-day-six-2016021207

16 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Back Martin Klizan to beat Nicolas Mahut for a 9/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power

A heroic effort from Klizan today and one that really showed that he's already made some progress as far as his mentality is concerned. He didn't give up when down, he gave just one silly break away, very good apart from that. Bautista-Agut was unreal in the first two sets, chasing even the hardest of shots down, but Klizan endured and that should serve him well against Mahut, who I think was just lucky to get a surprisingly tired Troicki in the previous round.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-rotterdam-day-six-2016021207

Martin Klizan won...........6-7, 7-6, 6-2

Cheers!

41 minutes ago, Fader said:

Lucky again from klizan.  Guy has no class

I will like to replace the word "lucky" with "bottle" for the number of times the guy resqued me from the jaws of defeat this week. At least he gives it a real go. A lot worse can be said for many other ATP mugs!

Edited by liquidglass

1 hour ago, liquidglass said:

I will like to replace the word "lucky" with "bottle" for the number of times the guy resqued me from the jaws of defeat this week. At least he gives it a real go. A lot worse can be said for many other ATP mugs!

Blokes got no class at all.  I'm not a fan 

Back Martin Klizan to beat Gael Monfils for a 5/10 stake at 3.75 with Bet365

3.75? Are you kidding me? That's the only thing that I can say here really. I don't particularly trust Klizan in this particular match-up, but this price is just too good for me to ignore it.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-rotterdam-day-seven-2016021302

7 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Back Martin Klizan to beat Gael Monfils for a 5/10 stake at 3.75 with Bet365

3.75? Are you kidding me? That's the only thing that I can say here really. I don't particularly trust Klizan in this particular match-up, but this price is just too good for me to ignore it.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-rotterdam-day-seven-2016021302

You took the words ryt out of my mouth... Klizan for the title it is... Monfils will throw away at least one set and Klizan will surely grind out the other one... He's not saved 8 match points for nothing... 

Btw Czechpunter what is your perspective on other 4 finals today?

Klizan - Monfis 4.1 Pinnacle

Klizan is very strong in the finals. He is 3 out of 3 on singles and 3 out of 3 in doubles in matches titles. He made very strong tournament and beat opponents, who are in far better form than those of Monfis. The Frenchman is just with 5 wins out of 23 finals. He has big problems as a favorite in those kind of clashes. Superb odds.

Fritz - Nishikori 6.6 Matchbook

Taylor Fritz is making amazing tournament. He showed not only his qualities, but also a fighting spirit. The kid has guts and I am sure he is ready to prove it once again. The audience is giving him force. Nishikori is three times winner here. He trained together with Fritz and for sure knows him well. But it was the same with Steve Johnson, who is training buddy with Fritz. Taylor said in interview after Johnson's match that he never was able to beat in a training set Johnson, but he did it in the match. Nishikori for sure is favorite, but in the range of 4.00 - 4.50 in my opinion. 6 plus is a value

On 08/02/2016, 15:03:08, Fader said:

2pts E/W D.Thiem to win Buenos Aires 22/1 Ladbrokes
1pt N.Almagro to win Buenos Aires 50/1 Sportingbet

Thiem is well placed in this draw to meet Nadal in the Semi finals. We don't know which Nadal will turn up in this event so it makes it fantastic value for him to reach the final. You'd expect that to be against Ferrer/Tsonga but Almagro as mentioned above has some hot form here and although he has a poor head-2-head against Tsonga you just never know so it's worth the value 1 pointer. Either way Thiem 22/1 to beat Ferrer or Tsonga (if all goes well) is worth my E/W back.

Well that worked out well :=)