** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

February 8 - February 14

Back Timea Babos to win WTA St. Petersburg for a 0.5/10 stake at 51.00 with Bet365

Back Yanina Wickmayer to beat Jelena Ostapenko for a 7/10 stake at 1.70 with BetVictor

Back Kirsten Flipkens to beat Darya Kasatkina for a 7/10 stake at 2.30 with BetVictor

Babos looks worth taking at minimal stakes, solid player, soft draw, a lot of potential - but it's all about the odds really, worth a shot at small stakes. In the first round, I fancy Wickmayer against Ostapenko, as the latter is having a dreadful start to the season and might also not like the travel from the Fed Cup meeting, while I also like Flipkens at odds against. She's got a tricky playing style that Kasatkina might not like a lot and she certainly isn't playing worse tennis than the Russian at the minute, so I'd have the odds the other way around here in all honesty.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/wta-st-petersburg-outright-2016020702

Back Alexander Zverev to win ATP Rotterdam for a 0.5/10 stake at 67.00 with Unibet

Back Alexander Zverev to beat Vasek Pospisil for a 7/10 stake at 2.05 with BetVictor

Back Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (-1.5 sets) to beat Hyeon Chung for a 7/10 stake at 2.20 with 10Bet

Small stakes for me on Zverev outright in Rotterdam, if he takes his Montpellier form with himself he could be in with a chance even against the top guns. I'll also be backing him in the first round against Pospisil, as the Canadian hasn't had a good start to the season, so chances are that Zverev will get a good win on the board to continue his good run. Garcia-Lopez should also get a 2-0 win against Chung after what we saw last week. Chung just doesn't seem to know how to play indoors yet - and that isn't likely to change in the space of just a single week.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-rotterdam-day-one-2016020701

Back Luca Vanni to beat Mikhail Kukushkin for a 7/10 stake at 2.50 with Paddypower

I think Vanni played pretty good against Zverev. He was solid enough on his serve to take the first set and he could take that form into Memphis. Kukushkin has'nt started the season in anything called form. He's having a bit of a hard time. He could easily struggle against Vanni. Their ranking is pretty close at the moment too so I don't get why we get the 2.50 on Vanni.

2 PICKS FOR TOMORROW:

WTA Kaohsiung U.RADWANSKA-HSU 2:0 SETS @ 1.4 on ladbrokes (1.39 on pinnaclesports)
Expect it to be an easy win for the favorite Radwanska against a local wild-card player with no real results on WTA tour level

ATP ROTTERDAM: SEPPI-MULLER OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.65 on pinnaclesports
Expect it to be a long close match with Seppi' return of serve and baseline game matchsing Muller's serve and attacking overall game

2pts Bautista Agut to win Rotterdam Open 12/1 Betfred
1pt Gabashvili to win Rotterdam Open 100/1 Betfred
1pt T.De Bakker to win Rotterdam Open 100/1 Betfed

This tournament could potentially be very open so I'm taking the man in form after winning Sofia (hopefully not too tired as he won all his matches in straight sets) i'm also going for a point on a few massive outsiders. Gabashvili is fresh and I'm hoping he has his game face on this week and De Bakker is a home player who could potentially cause a few upsets in his side of the draw. 

Jose Fernandez – Alexandro Gonzales 2.47 Pinnacle

This one is from Santo Domingo’s challenger. Fernandez is playing at home. He is in better form. Two weeks ago he lost from Burgos in a 3-set match. The H2H is 2:1 for Gonzales, but last time Fernandez won convincingly their match up in 2015. Gonzales is 0:2 on clay since the start of the season. I am not sure if he will be able to improve here.

O’Hare/Salsbury – Daniel/Sitak 3.47

Daniel and Sitak are the big favorites here. They are strong team with good results and nice rankings. O’Hare and Salsbury formed their team last year. They did it pretty well and won several tournaments on futures level. They did it very well in November, where they were able to beat very strong teams like Brunstrom/Nielsen and Krajcek/Monroe.

The season didn’t start very well for Daniel/Sitak and they are 2/4. They are coming to USA from France so the time difference also will be a factor.

5pts I.Dodig to beat B.Paire 4/5 Ladbrokes
2pts I.Dodig to win 2-0 2/1 Ladbrokes

Paire in poor form. Dodig beat him on the hard only last year 2-0 and one set I believe was 6-1. Paire isn't an indoor hard type player. He is all clay and although he started improving to play better on the hard it's now all but disappeared as of late. If Dodig serves like he can I find it hard to see Paire breaking him

4pts T.De Bakker to beat B.Coric 7/4 Betvictor
Coric is more of an outdoor hard court player and I think De Bakker can profit from that and with the crowd on his side. De Bakker is on his home turf and if he serves well can well cause an upset to Coric. Coric is well very young and his form has been erratic of late.  On the outdoor, fantastic, getting to the finals of Chennai and beating Agut on the way (losing out to Wawrinka in the finals) but since then loses to Muller and Ramos and most recently on the transition to the indoor, Berrer in straight sets is weak. Last year Coric played 9 indoor court matches and lost 6 of those. De Bakker has never done well in this tournament but on closer inspection he has never played a player ranked lower than 36th in this tournament and for once he has a nice 1st round draw here. He hasn't played alot of indoor hard matches, infact only 2 this year and none last year but on the outdoor hard he also done well winning 2 tournaments in a row end of last year. Odds just about worth it in my opinion.

2.5pts R.Ram to beat K.Kudla 6/5 Willhill
Will take Ram here. At best this is a 50/50 in my eyes so bit of value on Ram. Prefers the grass however I do believe he is the better player on the indoor hardcourt. I think Kudla is more an outdoor hardcourter. Both on there home turf but I'm hoping the experience of Ram sees him through. He has a good serve and that could see him through if thinks get tight. He has beaten big servers like Karlovic and Isner on the grass so if he can apply both strengths to his game here he should have the advantage.

5pts T.Gabashvili to beat N.Mahut 23/20 Boylesports
2pts T.Gabashvili to win 2-0 11/4 Willhill

Head-2-head favours Gabash and he beat him here in 2008 as it goes in straight sets. Since then they have played eachother another few more times with Gabashvili holding a 3-1 advantage. Both players getting on a bit now, but Gabashvili has a few years benefit here. Thing I like about Gabashvili is he can return well so in theory none of the Mahut "weapons" can hurt him here if he plays well, hence the small bet on the 2-0 also. 

5pts N.Almagro to beat A.Montanes 2-0 Evens Paddypower
Just about enough value on this now at evens. Almagro always does well in this event. In fact, he won it in 2011 and since then has reached the final in 2012 and the semi-finals in 2013, 2014 and last year too so I'd be very surprised if he didn't win this one. Montanes is now 35 and now ranked 135th. This is the first time he has played in this event and he only just scraped past a player ranked 288th 7-6 7-6. You'd think that Almagro would have far more determination to win this to defend his points. 

2pts E/W D.Thiem to win Buenos Aires 22/1 Ladbrokes
1pt N.Almagro to win Buenos Aires 50/1 Sportingbet

Thiem is well placed in this draw to meet Nadal in the Semi finals. We don't know which Nadal will turn up in this event so it makes it fantastic value for him to reach the final. You'd expect that to be against Ferrer/Tsonga but Almagro as mentioned above has some hot form here and although he has a poor head-2-head against Tsonga you just never know so it's worth the value 1 pointer. Either way Thiem 22/1 to beat Ferrer or Tsonga (if all goes well) is worth my E/W back.

OMG!, De Bakker is just taking the p*ss!!!

10 set points!!!. Bloody TEN! 

Ridiculous. Cue a De Bakker crumble. What a clown!

*fair play to De Bakker. He has come out and won the 2nd set for 1-1.

Edited by Fader

Back Marcos Baghdatis to beat David Goffin for a 7/10 stake at 2.85 with Unibet

Too big a price for Baghdatis in my opinion. He's got a great 3-1 record against Goffin, which includes two victories from last year, and the conditions are bound to help him more than they will help the Belgian. The handicaps don't look appealing given that possible Goffin's victories are likely to be easy, so the outright will be my choice for Tuesday.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/atp-rotterdam-day-two-2016020805

Bastian Trinker - Gianluca Naso 2.40 Pinnacle

Two guys, who are very close in the ranks. Naso is a clay player, who will make his season's debut on the red courts.It was strange decision for him to go to Manila before South America. On the other side Trinker warmed up nicely with two tournaments (1/2 is his balance) and a win over Montanes. The big plus for Trinker is that he loves to play in Dominican republic. Won a small tournament there and reached the second round of the same challenger.

Berrer - Stepanek 2.5 Pinnacle

Berrer played very well last week and almost beat Zverev, but missed so many chances. Indoor hard is his favorite surface, so the combination of good form may give some very nice results. Stepanek is tough dude and the year started well for him. It is pretty much an equal match with better odds for Berrer.

Any thoughts on today's first match of the day Garcia-Lopez v Chung... I haven't seen Chung perform on indoors but I've read that he's dreadful (also lost his last match against Copil 6-2 6-3)... I am thinking to take the Handicap -3.5 games for Garcia-Lopez... What do you think guys?? 

Other options that I am thinking about are Garcia-Lopez 2-0 OR Under 22.5 games. 

Any thoughts will  be appreciated... 

Some very frustrating games yesterday or it could of been a real good day. 

5pts Garcia-Lopez -3.5 games to beat Hyeon Chung Evens Bet365
4pts 1st Set (Under 9.5 games) 11/10 Bet365
1pt 1st set 6-2 Garcia-Lopez 17/2 Bet365

Chung has only played 3 indoor hardcourt matches in his career and has lost all 3. I can only find 2 of those and both were lost in straight sets. Delbonis he lost 6-4/6-2 and more recently he lost to Copil 6-2/6-3. He looked bloody terrible against Copil and he is still very young so I would be amazed if he won this match. Garcia-Lopez rarely loses to players ranked below him and in this setting I expect him to win with ease.

1 hour ago, TheBeast said:

Any thoughts on today's first match of the day Garcia-Lopez v Chung... I haven't seen Chung perform on indoors but I've read that he's dreadful (also lost his last match against Copil 6-2 6-3)... I am thinking to take the Handicap -3.5 games for Garcia-Lopez... What do you think guys?? 

Other options that I am thinking about are Garcia-Lopez 2-0 OR Under 22.5 games. 

Any thoughts will  be appreciated... 

Czechpunter had it 2:0 for Garcia-Lopez at his picks. I also think that Chung is not in his best form, while Garcia-Lopez is a solid player on ih.

48 minutes ago, ogii55 said:

Czechpunter had it 2:0 for Garcia-Lopez at his picks. I also think that Chung is not in his best form, while Garcia-Lopez is a solid player on ih.

Thanks man... Appreciate this... Just found Czechpunters post.... Fader just posted it too.... Going with the greats and going with all 3 having great odds...:ok

Garcia-Lopez 2-0 @ 2.00 bet365

Under 22.5 games @ 1.72 bet365

Garcia-Lopez -3.5 @ 2.00 bet365

I have two selections from Rotterdam event.

1. Goffin -2.5 games to beat Baghdatis @1.72 offered by bet365

I just noticed a tip here suggesting Baghdatis. Personally i do not expect something different from Bagh. The Cypriot lost the tennis atmosphere long time ago. He looks as a former player in many occasions especially on the physical shape. He repeats and repeats same silly mistakes in every single match, for example some crazy drop shots doomed to failure to gain the point.

Goffin is a "mainstream" player. You always expect certain and basic things to do, and he always delivers

According to my criteria. Goffin is banker

And tomorrow is my 10/10 tip

Zverev to beat Pospisil @2.10 offered by bet365

This one looks like a fortune. Zverev is the "future number 1".  He is extremely loaded with tennis skills. Please do not compare him with any of the current giants because is not fair. It is impossible to see again in the future players like Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, even Murray, WAWA. The new generation is DIFFERENT. But i compare Zverev with all the others who are young. Nobody is so well tennis equipped like Alexander the Great. Sorry i was meaning Alexander the Zverev.

Pospisil? Who? hahaha, cmon Alexander, please you have him very easily on your hands!

Zverev 10/10

ciao members

Mmoh vs Fritz 5.00 Pinnacle

These are two of the most talented USA players. Good friends and double partners it will be the first time they are playing one against other. Fritz is huge favorite because of his talent, junior results and wins on challenger lever. But at the same time he is 18-year old kid and as we known those youngsters are very much up and down. Mmoh already scored two surprised here beating seasoned USA guys Novikov and Fratangelo in 3 sets to pass the qualifications. This is a huge plus for him and will give him confidence. The odds are great for Mmoh.

4pts De La Nava to beat G.Elias 23/20 Boylesports
2pts De La Nava to win 2-0 11/4 Boylesports

I'm abit surprised by these odds as Id say De La Nava has made the much bigger impact as of late in the events he has played. He is ranked 74th now and although he prefers the hard courts so does Elias and you wouldn't say he has a better record here than De La Nava. The crowd would no doubt be on Elias side but De La Nava has beaten Argies here in the past. 

On 2/8/2016, 10:58:44, Fader said:

2pts Bautista Agut to win Rotterdam Open 12/1 Betfred
1pt Gabashvili to win Rotterdam Open 100/1 Betfred
1pt T.De Bakker to win Rotterdam Open 100/1 Betfed

This tournament could potentially be very open so I'm taking the man in form after winning Sofia (hopefully not too tired as he won all his matches in straight sets) i'm also going for a point on a few massive outsiders. Gabashvili is fresh and I'm hoping he has his game face on this week and De Bakker is a home player who could potentially cause a few upsets in his side of the draw. 

Some good news for Agut followers. Gasquet has pulled out. 

1 hour ago, Fader said:

4pts De La Nava to beat G.Elias 23/20 Boylesports
2pts De La Nava to win 2-0 11/4 Boylesports

I'm abit surprised by these odds as Id say De La Nava has made the much bigger impact as of late in the events he has played. He is ranked 74th now and although he prefers the hard courts so does Elias and you wouldn't say he has a better record here than De La Nava. The crowd would no doubt be on Elias side but De La Nava has beaten Argies here in the past. 

Sorry to be pedantic,but Elias is portuguese. So the crowd won't play a part here:) Took DLN mysefl this morning.

Dodig – Kohlsreiber 2.5 Pinnacle

Dodig showed great form in his matches here. He loves indoor hard and when his serve is working, he may do some big surprises. The German wasn’t impressive last week in Sofia.

Nishioka – Marchenko 2.86 Matchbook

Nishioka was very strong in his three matches in Memphis. Marchenko is playing mainly in indoor tournaments, but he is very vulnerable to lose from players, who are not ahead of him in the ranks. Marchenko needed two tiebreaks against Sam Groth, who is not in so good form.

Babos – Niculescu 2.16 Pinnacle

Babos is 1:3 in H2H, but won convincingly their last match earlier in the year. She is serving very strong and this may cause some problems to Niculescu. The Romanian gave it all physically and mentally in Fed Cup derby during the weekend and I am not so sure if she will be able to recover so well.

Vekic – Sevastova 2.54 Pinnacle

When Vekic starts to beat favorites she is always dangerous. Donna is playing well here and will have against her Sevastova, who played three sets with two tiebreaks.