** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Dubai Desert Classic

Striker

GRAEME MCDOWELL (50/1, Bet365) ticks the boxes for me this week and looks overpriced. The man from Northern Ireland has 10 European Tour victories to his name along with a major championship (US Open) and this course should suit his game.

This is his first European Tour event of the season but he has had a great start to the PGA Tour season already, winning the Mayakoba Classic in Hawaii before finishing 3rd in the RSM Classic soon after and he is a threat to all this week in Dubai. He finished T9 in this event last season and was 5th here in 2008.

MARCEL SIEM (100/1, Bet Victor) has come into a bit of form over the past few weeks and the German is not to be discounted here. He is a very hit or miss player but he has won four times on the European Tour, the last of which came in 2014 in the BMW Masters.

He finished T5 in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship a couple of weeks ago, shooting up the leaderboard with a fine final round of 67. In Qatar last week he finished T29 but would have been a lot closer only for a poor third round of 75. He finished 4th here in 2012 and has a squeak this weekend.

ANTHONY WALL (125/1, Boylesports) has only tasted success once during his long European Tour career, which came in the Alfred Dunhill back in 2000 so it has been a long drought for the Englishman but there is no doubt he is playing well to contend this weekend.

He would have won the Joburg Open when last seen only for a terrible final round of 72 which put paid to his chances. He still finished T3 down in South Africa and he comes here in form. He finished T7 here in 2009 and generally finishes inside the Top 30 here.

CHRIS PAISLEY (1000/1, Sky Bet) is my stab in the dark this week but I feel this is an insult of a price for a young player that has a good game. The 29 year old was a winner on the Challenge Tour and although hasn't started this season well, has form in the book from last year.

His highlight of 2015 was in the BMW International Open where he finished in 3rd place and would have won but for a poor final round of 71. If he can recapture that sort of form here this weekend, we might get a massive place!

Full Preview --> https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/golf/golf-tips-phoenix-open-and-dubai-desert-classic-preview-and-selections-2016020303

On 3 February 2016 06:42:36, Striker said:

Top 20 Finish

Alvaro Quiros @ 8-1 [Bet 365]

Can be hit and miss but is a previous winner on this course which is a positive, and has a decent stroke average here of 70.46

Another fantastic call Striker :notworthy

Good luck in the play off with Andy Sullivan Owen :hope

Another top effort by Byeong~Hun An 5th gets me my place money  and gives me a sweat for my place double which will pay over 50/1 if Matsuyana who is T2nd ends up in the first 5 Tonight :hope