** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

South Africa vs England ODI

owenclass

England face a late decision on Jason Roy's fitness for this first ODI. Roy was able to bat in the nets on the eve of the series opener, unlike 24 hours earlier, but took only limited part in fitness drills on the Mangaung Oval outfield.

The opener is nursing a bad back, having suffered an unaccustomed spasm, and England have already had to work out contingencies in case he does not recover in time. Early signs suggest that it is likely Joe Root will open the innings for the first time in this format - James Taylor then taking over at number three.

Meanwhile, South Africa have had to call up Marchant de Lange to ODI side as injuries to Dale Steyn and Kyle Abbott have ruled both out of match against England.

The home side are not expected to be much changed from the test series with the likes of Kagiso Rabada and Mourne Morkel set to lead their attack. And the former is in truly sensational form.

If anything, the Proteas look stronger in this format, with most of their best players struggling most in the longest format. Whether Faf du Plessis plays remains to be seen, but they have players like David Millar and Farhaan Behardien to bolster the middle order.

South Africa could well prove a different prospect, going hard at England and putting big pressure on bowler who will be faced with defending the tiny boundaries at Bloemfontein.

Having the best player in the world in your side never hurts, and this is a format where AB de Villiers can make a really telling contribution. Maybe a match winning one. Alongside him is the ever emerging threat of Quinton de Kock, who make his mark on the test side the other week, and also hit two big score in India late last year.

You can back South Africa to win at 3/4 with Boylesports.

Full preview:

https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/cricket/south-africa-vs-england-odi-2016020205

5pts England to beat SA 1st ODI 6/5 Bet365
1pt Root Top Batsman for England & ABDV top batsman for SA 18/1 Skybet

Think I'll take England to win this one. I think after the the win recently for England they will be buoyed and will want to take some momentum not only from that but also into a twenty20 world cup not long away. I'm also thinking Root and AB should do the business for both teams so a single point on the batting outcomes for fun. 

2 pts Behardien to be top South Africa batter at 20/1 with Ladbrokes

I fancy SA to win, but this will be a scrappier, lower scoring affair in Port Elizabeth. In the top batsman markets, I'm looking down the order for some value, and the ever-improving Farhaan Behardien is that man. The batting allrounder is contributing more often these days, and is particularly good when runs are harder to come by. He’s a huge price here and worth a punt.

Full preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/cricket/south-africa-vs-england-odi-2016020504

2 for me today :

5pts England to win the third ODI 11/10 Paddypower
5pts England Most 6s 4/5 Betfred

England look pretty comfortable and more importantly confident in both matches so far and I'm backing them to do the same today. They would of learnt from the test matches where they took there foot off of the pedal and I think they will play this like it's a 0-0 in the series. I'm also taking the "most 6" bet purely as we seem to have batting options all the way down the list now and very explosive batsmen. I think for SA, there is only really ABDV.

For South Africa top batsmen I'm looking for some value, and David Wiese could be it. The big man strode out at three in the last game and is 25/1 here.

Instead I'm looking to the man of the moment, who will build an innings and provide the carry-your-bat security we’re all after. Hashim Amla is a big price at 10/3.

You can back Amla to be top South Africa batter at 10/3 with Skybet.

Full preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/cricket/south-africa-vs-england-odi-2016021107