** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Thyestes Chase (Thursday)

Full Preview Here

Verdict:

Typically competitive handicap and as per usual we have testing conditions as well. Ballycasey is the one from the Mullins yard, he was very well regarded as a novice and is probably a slight disappointment overall to his connections . Handicaps may be his bag and should be thereabouts in this company. The Paddy Power form is solid and Folsom Blue, Ucello Conti and The Job Is Right are all capable of winning a race like this. Of the trio I like The Job Is Right for the Hourigan yard.

Selections:

The Job Is Right EW 14/1 Coral

Ballycasey EW 9/1 Skybet

thyestes chase 

ucello conti      99.43

folsom blue (if runs)   99.40

my murphy      99.37 

goonyella       99.35

wide open race but top 3 are available at decent prices .....i think goonyella maybe a bit exposed for this but has run well in past so cant rule out a good run ....

ucello conti has looked like a horse about to strike a big race ...conditions will suit and he should on paper confirm form with folsom blue but its a close race between the two ...my murphy was 2nd in this last year and races off the same mark ....but interesting he carried 11-4 last year and has 10-5 this year so makes it a little more interesting .....ill back ucello conti and my murpy for now ......folsom blue if he gets in (2nd reserve currently)

ucello conti    3 pts win 10/1 bet365

my murphy 3 pts win 16/1 bet365 

On 19/01/2016, 11:39:45, richard-westwood said:

thyestes chase 

ucello conti      99.43

my murphy      99.37 

goonyella       99.35

wide open race but top 3 are available at decent prices .....i think goonyella maybe a bit exposed for this but has run well in past so cant rule out a good run ....

ucello conti has looked like a horse about to strike a big race ...conditions will suit and he should on paper confirm form with folsom blue but its a close race between the two ...my murphy was 2nd in this last year and races off the same mark ....but interesting he carried 11-4 last year and has 10-5 this year so makes it a little more interesting .....ill back ucello conti and my murpy for now ......folsom blue if he gets in (2nd reserve currently)

Added falsom blue  2 pts win 9/1 whill ...confirmed runner 

On 19/01/2016, 11:39:45, richard-westwood said:

thyestes chase 

ucello conti      99.43

my murphy      99.37 

goonyella       99.35

My murphy wins 16/1 ....51 pts returned ..nice doing business ...ucello conti 3rd 

Edited by richard-westwood