Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Puntalot

The German Masters - Feb 3-7

2pts E/W M.Fu to win the German Masters 18/1 Betvictor
1pt L.Wenbo to win the German Masters 40/1 Coral

I think Fu has a great chance in this event. He has a lovely bottom draw and will only in my opinion face either Wenbo or Bingham as any kind of challenge really. He has a good recent head-2-head with both really and if he can make it to a final, Fu, then who knows. I'm willing to take a few points at 18/1. I'll also take a point on Wenbo as if he brings his form from the UK to here, he has a great chance to make a final. 

4pts G.Dott -1.5 frames to beat T.Pengfei 11/8 Totesport
Dott has been in pretty decent form of late beating the likes of Selby and Robertson in the Champions League and winning 5-0 in his Qualifier for this event. Pengfei did beat Ding to qualify here but Ding is a vastly overrated player in my eyes and prior to the qualifier he lost to Dale 5-4 so I do think his form is abit up and down. Head-2-head shows one match in which Dott won 6-2 in the 2014 World Open. 

some emphatic wins last night in Maguire, Selby, + Dott. +5.5pts

5pts M.Fu -1.5 frames to beat K.Maflin 4/5 Coral
I like the look of Fu this tournament. I think him, and Maguire both have good shouts to make a final. Head-2-head between these two shows 2 matches both won by Fu. Last time they played Fu won 4-1 and something with that dominance would be nice again. Fu to win 5-2/5-3 :)

Kurt Maflin, Fu? Really? 

One for the 2pm matches : 

4pts L.Wenbo -1.5 to beat R.Day 11/8 Bet365
Wenbo has really improved his game of late getting to the UK finals recently and the semi-finals of a tour event. He came up against an inspired Higgins in the invitational masters but in this German Masters event has already played two matches in qualification. He has won the last 2 in these match ups including last years event here where he won 5-4. I am going to go with Wenbo to win with a tiny bit more this time. If he can get ahead in the early frames I fancy him to do it 5-2/5-3

Crap from Wenbo. I'm going to take Maguire tonight and before I do I'm also taking him on the outright as if he beats Selby tonight only Trump will stand in his way. Maguire has a good head-2-head with Selby as of late beating him in the last three matches albeit champions league matches. Maguire to take revenge on last years semi-final exit to Selby

4pts S.Maguire to beat M.Selby 13/8 Coral
2pts S.Maguire to win the German Masters 14/1 Coral

4pts K.Wilson -1.5 frames to beat M.Holt 5/4 WilliamHill
These two faced eachother last year and Wilson won 5-1. He is a player moving up in the world and has beaten the likes of Judd Trump last year. Wilson showed really battling qualities to come back from 4-1 down against McLeod and if he can start well I would imagine he can win this with a couple in hand.

5.5pts M. Gould - 1.5 to beat L. Brecel 10/11 betfred 

Cant believe maguire beats Selby then loses to bloody dott. Fancy gould to win this one with a few spare.  Brecel has done well to get here but this is abit of a step up in quality for him