** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2016

1 minute ago, CzechPunter said:

Gutted that he didn't win it for you, he looked very good for about 3,5 sets.

Yeah, he wouldn't of beaten Djokovic but the E/W result would of been nice. Gutted to lose like that but he is one to look out for in the US Open.

+75.00pts for the tournament now, taking off the 5pts for Raonic. 

Womens Final Preview :

6pts Under 19.5 games - S.Williams V A.Kerber 5/6 Boylesports
This is the bet I should of taken for Radwanska Vs Williams after looking at there head-2-head but because I had an outright on Radwanska it clouded my judgement. The head-2-head between these two is 6 played and 1 win for Keber. Last 4 though have ended in straight set victories for Serena. She hasn't lost a set all tournament and this bet would be covered in 3 of the last 4 matches between these two. I see this being a 6-4 6-2 job. 

Mens Final Preview :

Will do this early as tomorrow I will be concentrating on the Darts. Murray looking to win a Grand Slam after being handed a place in it, thanks to the lucky benefit of Raonic being injured. I really don't see him winning this. I think Djokovic will beat Murray easy and I'm having a few bets on the handicap.

6pts N.Djokovic -6 games Evens Bet365
4pts N.Djokovic -7.5 games 11/4 Paddypower 

Before it all ends, I would like to say thank you to all for the great previews/insights/information/opinions/predictions especially Fader and as always our CzechPunter! Thank you for the efforts and time you both put in!

P.S. CzechPunter, don't get disappointed! Even if you had quite a few losses this time, you are still doing great and always one of the best! There are always ups and downs! Keep up your good work!

I second that. Fader you have absolutely bossed it this AO. CzechPunter you as well, you're always solid but it's a roller coaster sometimes.

I've had a decent few weeks myself including the warm up tournaments, I sit at 51W 31L 1V. 

Fader do you have a twitter handle for your other sports selections or are they posted on this forum?

9 minutes ago, shobtop said:

I second that. Fader you have absolutely bossed it this AO. CzechPunter you as well, you're always solid but it's a roller coaster sometimes.

I've had a decent few weeks myself including the warm up tournaments, I sit at 51W 31L 1V. 

Fader do you have a twitter handle for your other sports selections or are they posted on this forum?

@fadedlogik  but I've only really just started actually using Twitter to be honest lol 

All bets will be on there though but also on the various threads on the forum 

Cheers

Mens Doubles Final preview :

Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares vs Daniel Nestor and Radek 

Stepanek

Over 22.5 games 8/11 paddy power

Over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power

This is a chance for Murray to finslly win a Mens Doubles Grand slam title and he has a great doubles partner in Soares who has won a Doubles Grand slam so Murray will need his experience to help him win  Their opponents are two of the best Doubles players so it will be tough but i expect Murray and his partner to win in the end

Edited by owenclass

Back James Duckworth (-2.5) to beat Frances Tiafoe for a 8/10 stake at 1.87 with Pinnaclesports

I think James have been playing quite good this week. He really likes the courts. Have not lost a set in his two matches he's played. Tiafoe is 18 and he needs time to evolve into a better player. That I learned during the Aussie open qualies when he lost in straight sets to Peter Gojowczyk. They have played eachother 2 times and it's one win a piece from last season and both matches have gone to three sets. Seeing how both have been playing this week I suspect Tiafoe is not playing well enough to match Duckworth this time. Tiafoe has played two matches this week and lost the first set both times. If Duckworth keeps serving like he did against Taylor Fritz this may be over in two sets. Duckworth should be able to cover the handicap in the process. 

Sorry for posting a bet from Maui challenger in the Aussie open thread but where would I else put it. Anyway James Duckworth was supersolid through out the hole match. 14 aces and never droping serve and only faced one breakpoint on his own serve in the middle of the second set. James Duckworth v Kyle Edmund will be highly interesting and should present a quite good opportunity to win some more since I think it's going to be a tight match so a lot of games probably. Saw Edmund play Meister yesterday and Duckworth today and that's enough for me to say it's gonna be a tight match. Duckworth is really hard to break now and he just thrives on the court. He just plays some awesome tennis right now so don't go against him is my advice when he goes up against Edmund.

Ok here we go...

Back Kyle Edmund/James Duckworth over 22.5 games for a 8/10 stake at 1.90 with Bet365

As mentioned above Duckworth is playing impressive in Maui and will continue doing so but Edmund is a step up in quality for the aussie. Edmund should have a hard time if anything is the way it's been with Duckworth. He serves very well and does a great job from the baseline and he even came succesfully to the net a few times against Tiafoe. Edmund should get something hard to bite on here. Edmund is not as solid as the previous results in Maui says and he will get something more of a real test here. Edmunds last match against Meister was all about Meister not showing up at all as he did tons of unforced errors and got totally outplayed but if he even would be able to show up anywhere against Edmund it should be in Maui since he's played good enough from qualies and got to the quarter and last season Meister was in the final but there was a big gap of quality between him and Edmund so it was no real test for Edmund. The one before called Michael Mmoh was no test either. Anyway here comes, the first player who plays good enough to match Edmund.

3 hours ago, four-leaf said:

I'm afraid Serena is probably not going to win by 6 games. Kerber has come out in first set playing competitive and seems a lot more dangerous then what the bookies think.

Had a feeling odds were wrong when I first spotted the final odds, Williams far to short a price, she aint getting any younger.

Back Novak Djokovic to win and both players to win a set for a 5/10 stake at 2.37 with Paddy Power

Still have the outright on Djokovic in play and that one obviously looks very good, but this is the bet that I'd recommend for tomorrow, as the 1.20 for Djokovic is too low imo. Anyway, I fancy this to finish 3-1 or 3-2 in the Serb's favour, Murray just isn't poor enough for this to finish 3-0. The three last of their four previous Australian Open finals had four or five sets and this should continue the trend in my opinion.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/australian-open/murray-v-djokovic-2016013002

Mixed Doubles final preview :

Elena Vesnina and Bruno Soares vs Coco Vanderveghe and Horia Tecau

Over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Over 2.5 sets 11/8 paddy power

This match is the last of the doubles matches and i think this match is too close to call as there is no outright favourite Vesnina and Soares are good doubles players and a good doubles team and they have had impressive results against some great teams and they are facing Tecau who is a great doubles players so it will be tough

Edited by owenclass

13 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Back Novak Djokovic to win and both players to win a set for a 5/10 stake at 2.37 with Paddy Power

Still have the outright on Djokovic in play and that one obviously looks very good, but this is the bet that I'd recommend for tomorrow, as the 1.20 for Djokovic is too low imo. Anyway, I fancy this to finish 3-1 or 3-2 in the Serb's favour, Murray just isn't poor enough for this to finish 3-0. The three last of their four previous Australian Open finals had four or five sets and this should continue the trend in my opinion.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/tennis/australian-open/murray-v-djokovic-2016013002

I have to say Djokovic to lose the first set and win the match 9/2 paddy power and maybe him to win 3-1 5/2 paddy power is another great bet as i think your bet for Djokovic to win and both players win a set will probably happen because his opponent will be desperate to win the first set and the bet for both players to win a set is evens at paddy power if you look properly and good luck with your selection

Edited by owenclass

Bet lost on the womens final but it was nice to see Kerber win it. Serena hasn't lost a final for a long time. So it was good to see that. Mens final, spot on. Djokovic wins easy enough and covers both handicaps. +11pts for the combined finals

Tournament over. Hope everyone had fun. Final pts for the tournament = +86 pts

Back Kyle Edmund/Di Wu under 20.5 games for a 8/10 stake at 1.90 with Bet365 

Back Kyle Edmund (-4.5) to beat Di Wu for a 8/10 stake at 1.72 with Bet365  

I think it's possible to pick whatever of these two bets. Edmund will probably toy with Wu here with his far better baseline skills. He's the better player overall and Wu has had a good tournament and this is a too big step up in quality for the chinese. But if the match ends with Edmund winning 6-4 6-4 it would make the under come in but not the handicap so I think I prefer the under most of the two. But it very mutch looks like both bets will come in since Wu is quite chanceless. His serve is not good enough to get Edmund under pressure and it will result in Edmund getting Wu under pressure instead since he will have no problems returning the Wu serve. I think I'll be going for the under 20.5.