** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

January 11 - January 17

Back Anna Karolina Schmiedlova to beat Timea Bacsinszky for a 7/10 stake at 2.38 with Unibet

Back Elina Svitolina to beat Angelique Kerber for a 7/10 stake at 3.50 with Bet365

Back Sabine Lisicki to beat Petra Kvitova for a 6/10 stake at 3.40 with BetVictor

Can't see anything interesting among the outrights, but I'll take three match bets. AKS has a 2-0 record against Bacsinszky and there's no reason to be optimisitic about either, so she definitely looks worth a punt at odds against, as does Svitolina against Kerber at 3.50. Finally, the match between Lisicki and Kvitova is likely to be decided by whoever has the better day, so I'll have a punt on the German there as well, albeit with a slightly smaller stake.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/wta-sydney-betting-will-petra-kvitova-defend-her-title-next-week--2016010903

Back Jack Sock to beat (-5.0) Victor Estrella Burgos for a 8/10 stake at 1.75 with Pinnaclesports

I pick the safer option in this one but Sock should have no problems covering this handicap. Estrellas season has just begun and I don't expect him to be able to test Sock. He lost to Sock in US open by the score of 6-2 6-3 6-2 and since Sock is only improving and have already played some competitive tennis in Hopman cup this handicap should be easy for him to cover.

Back Borna Coric to beat Gilles Muller for a 7/10 stake at 2.30 with BetVictor

Back Martin Klizan to beat Jordan Thompson for a 9/10 stake at 1.59 with Unibet

Back Pablo Cuevas to beat Maximilian Marterer for a 9/10 stake at 1.57 with Paddy Power

Cuevas and Klizan should be able to beat Marterer and Thompson comfortably enough, massive gaps in class imo. Coric also looked surprisingly fit and good against Wawrinka today, so I'm willing to give him a shot against Muller at odds against. Bet with a bookie that voids retirements though.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-sydney-betting-dimitrov-and-tomic-lead-the-line-up-in-australia-2016011002

Back Jeremy Chardy to beat Mikhail Kukushkin for a 7/10 stake at 1.75 with BetVictor

Back Nicolas Mahut to beat Adrian Mannarino for a 7/10 stake at 2.20 with Paddy Power

Back Leonardo Mayer (-2.5) to beat Teimuraz Gabashvili for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Bet365

Throwing in three more in addition to Coric. Chardy should be way too strong for the out-of-form Kukushkin, who even struggled against Reid in the qualifiers. Mahut has an excellent record against Mannarino and looked good in the qualifiers, so he looks worth a punt to me at odds against, while I also expect Mayer to pretty much outplay Gabashvili given what I saw from the two in Doha last week.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-sydney-betting-coric-and-chardy-begin-their-journeys-on-tuesday-2016011104

Back Dominic Thiem to beat Gilles Muller for a 7/10 stake at 1.75 with BetVictor

Back Pablo Cuevas (+4.5) to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Bet365

Back Gabriel Sarkissian (+1.5 sets) to beat Alexander Dolgopolov for a 7/10 stake at 2.65 with Unibet

Three for me tomorrow, Thiem is pretty self-explanatory I guess. Cuevas should also give Dimitrov a good fight, he's not a bad player by any means and motivation might be slightly lower for the Bulgarian, just as it may be low for Dolgopolov, who's going to face a very inspired player in the in-form Sarkissian.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-sydney-betting-thiem-faces-muller-dimitrov-plays-against-cuevas-2016011203

Back Bernard Tomic (-1.5 sets) to beat Teimuraz Gabashvili for a 7/10 stake at 1.87 with Unibet

Back Viktor Troicki (-2.5) to beat Nicolas Mahut for a 7/10 stake at 1.66 with Paddy Power

Back Aleksandr Dolgopolov (+3) to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 7/10 stake at 1.85 with Betway

Sarkissian missed a set point, but, thankfully, Thiem retired to save the day. Three for me once again tomorrow, Tomic and Troicki facing good match-ups and ones they should hopefully breeze through, while I also fancy Dolgopolov to get something from the match against Dimitrov. He's been surprisingly resilient so far in this season, while Dimitrov wasn't too great against Cuevas.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-sydney-betting-bernard-tomic-now-the-favourite-for-the-trophy-2016011305

Back Radek Stepanek to beat Jan-Lennard Struff for a 8/10 stake at 1.57 with Paddy Power

Back Tereza Smitkova to beat Kristina Kucova for a 7/10 stake at 1.81 with Unibet

Back Vera Dushevina to beat Anastasija Sevastova for a 7/10 stake at 3.55 with Unibet

Back Amandine Hesse to beat Julia Glushko for a 7/10 stake at 3.00 with Paddy Power

Sydney got rained out today, so there's not much to preview there right now, so I'll take a little detour to the Aussie Open qualifiers, where I like four bets in total. Stepanek should get the job done against Struff with the day off, while Smitkova should also be a bigger fav against Kucova, who's yet to make the permanent jump to the main tour. As far as the underdogs are concerned, I don't get the odds that are on offer for Hesse and Dushevina. Neither is the favourite, of course, but the gap between them and Glushko/Sevastova is certainly not as big as the odds are suggesting in my opinion.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/australian-open-betting-who-can-qualify-for-the-first-grand-slam-of-the-season--2016011406

Back Frances Tiafoe to beat Peter Gojowczyk for a 8/10 stake at 1.72 with Bet365

Tiafoe just beat Jared Donaldson in straight sets and I rate Donaldson higher then Gojowczyk who just beat Brydan Klein also in straight sets and Tiafoe does show a lot of signs of constantly improving and he's just 17 years old ranked 177. I think Tiafoe is something like Taylor Fritz and he can take this match, no doubt.

Back S.Kuznetsova/M.Puig - Over 21.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.83 with Bet365

Puig has played some very good tennis here and so has Kuznetsova so I fully expect this to be an even contest. Unless Puig falls apart she should be able to hold her serve a couple of times. Inexperience in finals might make Puig lose it in the end but she's played such good tennis so far so why should she not do it again.

Back Grigor Dimitrov (-2.5) to beat Viktor Troicki for a 7/10 stake at 1.66 with Bet365

Not a good week at all, but, hopefully, it will end on a good note with Dimitrov beating Troicki with something to spare. He was able to beat him nicely last week and Troicki had to play six sets today, so I think that he's primed for getting the trophy in Sydney.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/tennis/atp-sydney-betting-dimitrov-takes-on-troicki-in-the-sydney-finals-2016011502