** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League > Dec 28th - 30th

Aidymac

Premier League Ratings - Top Rated Everton

28/12/2015 Arsenal 40.50 42.00 - 53.00 43.25 Bournemouth -2.75
28/12/2015 Crystal Palace 47.50 55.50 - 29.00 26.75 Swansea +20.75
28/12/2015 Everton 53.25 40.50 - 24.50 27.75 Stoke +25.50
28/12/2015 Manchester Utd 26.75 27.50 - 26.00 30.25 Chelsea -3.50
28/12/2015 Norwich 26.50 19.00 - 36.00 26.50 Aston Villa 0.00
28/12/2015 Watford 42.50 46.00 - 43.00 51.75 Tottenham -9.25
28/12/2015 West Brom 23.00 20.00 - 23.00 28.00 Newcastle -5.00
28/12/2015 West Ham 44.00 50.50 - 37.00 37.00 Southampton +7.00
29/12/2015 Leicester 29.50 24.50 - 39.50 31.50 Manchester City -2.00
30/12/2015 Sunderland 33.50 38.00 - 21.50 46.25 Liverpool -12.75

Manchester United vs Chelsea Preview: Fallen giants face-off in festive frenzy

The most successful team in Premier League history and last season's league champions play each other in a more subdued affair at Old Trafford on Monday in a 5:30pm kick off. United are in 7th place and Chelsea are still languishing in 15th spot with both teams desperate to get a win and change their surreal fortunes.

THE BET

Asian Handicap: Chelsea +0.25 @ 7/9 with BetVictor

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/manchester-united-vs-chelsea-preview-fallen-giants-face-off-in-festive-frenzy-2015122604

Leicester vs Manchester City Preview: Has the Vardy and Mahrez spell been broken?

The Premier League title race could take a new twist on Tuesday night when league leaders Leicester welcome rivals Manchester City to the King Power Stadium in a 7:45pm kick off. A win for Leicester would ensure they enter 2016 at the top of the Premier League table. A win for Manchester City would blow the title battle wide open.

THE BET

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 6/4 with William Hill

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/leicester-vs-manchester-city-preview-has-the-vardy-and-mahrez-spell-been-broken-2015122703

Crystal Palace have to be value at odds against. I know Swansea stumbled to three points on Boxing Day but I expect the home side to have too much.

Manchester City well under odds on at Leicester seems like a definite lay at this point.

The biggest question is how to play the Bet365 offer on a game I'd be leaving well alone otherwise.

van Gaal has one last chance against Chelsea.

Would'nt it be something if he went against his 'philosophy' and picked an all out attack minded team.

Fergie was very successful with this strategy. ie. We are struggling to defend, so lets attack.

Let's pick a team that could do this. Going for a somewhat attack minded lineup.

I want legs, youth and effort in midfield. Free it up going forward, and shift over defending. 

(Lindgaard falls back when attacked down the left, and similar for Young when attacked down the right)

United need goals. They are prob going to concede, so they need at least 2 to get the points.

De Gea

3 Backs: Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Paddy McNair

Midfield: Ander Herrera, Morgan Schneiderlen, Andreas Pereria

Right Wing: Jesse Lingaard

Left Wing:  Ashley Young

Rooney (behind Martial)

Martial upfront

a 3-5-1-1 going forward and a 4-5-1 defending.

I'm unimpressed by Blind, DePay need to get his head together, Schweinsteiger looks old,

Carrick too slow, Mata dilly-dallies on the ball, Fellaini looks like a fish (hairy) out of water.

Yet van Gall wlll prob pick them all.

If he does, United to get another smack, create nothing and lose this without scoring 

Come on Louis, roll the dice and let the team play. You have nothing to lose, and you gain respect

by saying 'we need a change of philosophy'. United blow Chelsea off the park 4-1, or 0-2 and done ?

What's it gonna be ? :drums:@

Edited by neilovan

For me there is one team that always costs me money. Tottenham !

When you think they should cruise over the line they blow it.

Watford are playing well enough to win this game, so I think the Home Double chance at 1.73 looks

good. 

ps (been on such a bad run you should probably bet the house on SPurs :moon)

Edited by neilovan

Some useful statistics:

Norwich vs Aston Villa:
- Since winning away at Bournemouth in GW1, Aston Villa have picked up just two points in eight PL away games in 2015-16 (D2 L6).
- The Canaries have netted just four goals in their last five PL games at Carrow Road, three of which have been scored from corners.
- The Canaries have scored in all but two of their 27 league meetings with Aston Villa at home.
- Aston Villa have won just three of their last 12 PL games against newly-promoted opposition (W3 D3 L6).

West Brom vs Newcastle:
- West Brom have fired in fewer shots on target (50) than any other PL team
- Newcastle have now conceded 68 PL goals in 2015, more than any other side
- Newcastle United have lost just one of their last seven PL meetings with WBA (W4 D2 L1).
- The Magpies have only failed to score in two of their last 28 league meetings with West Brom
- The Magpies have failed to score in nine of their last 14 PL away games
- West Brom have attempted a league-low 155 shots (inc. blocked) in the PL in 2015-16

Everton vs Stoke: 
- Butland as the best saves to shots ratio (82%) of any goalkeeper in the PL
- Stoke have the worst chance conversion rate (9.7%) in the PL this season.
- Stoke scored with 2 of their 3 shots on target while Man Utd was wasteful with their chances: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXKSUnEWYAEZDMm.png
- There have been 19 goals scored in the last four PL games played at Goodison Park; an average of 4.8 per game
- The Potters have kept a clean sheet in five of their last six PL games away from home – this is more than they'd kept in their previous 33 PL away games (4).

Crystal Palace vs Swansea:
- Swansea have won just one of their last nine Premier League away games, losing six of these (D2).
- Swansea have won three of their last four league away trips to play Palace at Selhurst Park (W3 D0 L1).
- The Swans have conceded only three goals in their last eight league games against Palace.

Watford vs Spurs:
- Since losing away to Man Utd on MD1 (0-1), Spurs are unbeaten away from home in the PL (W3 D4).
- Watford have kept six clean sheets in their nine PL home games so far in 2015-16.

Arsenal vs Bournemouth:
- The Gunners are unbeaten in their last 21 PL meetings with newly-promoted opposition (W17 D4)
- Arsenal have scored in each of their last 29 PL games against newly-promoted opposition. 
- Bournemouth are now unbeaten in six Premier League matches (W3 D3).

Man United vs Chelsea:
- Man Utd have lost just one of 15 games with Schneiderlin starting, and five of 11 without him. 
- Man Utd have averaged just 1.29 goals per game in the league this season; their lowest average since 1989-90 (1.21). 
- Stoke scored with 2 of their 3 shots on target while Man Utd was wasteful with their chances: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXKSUnEWYAEZDMm.png
- The last three fixtures between these two sides at Old Trafford in the PL have produced just three goals in total. 
- Man U have kept six clean sheets and conceded just three goals in their eight PL home games in 2015-16.
- Man U have won just four of their last 10 PL home games (W4 D4 L2).

West Ham vs Southampton:
- Saints have won just two of their last 15 PL away games (W2 D5 L8), netting just 11 goals in this run
- West Ham are unbeaten in their last six PL home games, but four of these have been draws (W2 D4 L0).
- Despite being injured since early November, Payet has created more than twice as many chances as any other West Ham player in the PL this season (47).

Man City vs Leicester:
- Leicester (vs Liverpool) failed to score for the first time in all competitions since May 16th, a run of 22 matches (0-0 vs. Sunderland). 
- Man City have scored just one goal in their last four PL away games.

Sunderland vs Liverpool: 
- Sunderland have now conceded 28 goals in just 10 PL away matches this season, more than any other side.
- Sunderland have won just three of their 28 PL games against Liverpool, all by a one goal margin at the Stadium of Light.
- Liverpool have conceded only 10 goals in their last 22 league meetings with Sunderland.

Credit for the stats goes to ZASA EL WEÓN from fantasyfootballscout forum

5 hours ago, neilovan said:

van Gaal has one last chance against Chelsea.

Would'nt it be something if he went against his 'philosophy' and picked an all out attack minded team.

Fergie was very successful with this strategy. ie. We are struggling to defend, so lets attack.

Let's pick a team that could do this. Going for a somewhat attack minded lineup.

I want legs, youth and effort in midfield. Free it up going forward, and shift over defending. 

(Lindgaard falls back when attacked down the left, and similar for Young when attacked down the right)

United need goals. They are prob going to concede, so they need at least 2 to get the points.

De Gea

3 Backs: Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Paddy McNair

Midfield: Ander Herrera, Morgan Schneiderlen, Andreas Pereria

Right Wing: Jesse Lingaard

Left Wing:  Ashley Young

Rooney (behind Martial)

Martial upfront

a 3-5-1-1 going forward and a 4-5-1 defending.

I'm unimpressed by Blind, DePay need to get his head together, Schweinsteiger looks old,

Carrick too slow, Mata dilly-dallies on the ball, Fellaini looks like a fish (hairy) out of water.

Yet van Gall wlll prob pick them all.

If he does, United to get another smack, create nothing and lose this without scoring 

Come on Louis, roll the dice and let the team play. You have nothing to lose, and you gain respect

by saying 'we need a change of philosophy'. United blow Chelsea off the park 4-1, or 0-2 and done ?

What's it gonna be ? :drums:@

In essence, I agree with you. I totally think the current approach isn't working and if he fails to change things against Chelsea then they will lose. Like you rightly say, he has nothing to lose by changing things up and just going for it. I'm not convinced they currently have the squad to threaten going forward as much as the fans would like but it would be better than what they are currently being served.

There are problems all over the pitch. The defence isn't solid, the midfield gets overrun, and the attack is fruitless. Get Martial central, play Mata behind the front man, don't rely on square pegs in round holes for defenders, and just show some attacking impetus. It's shit or bust for Van Gaal tonight. Let's see what he's made of. I still think he'll be too cautious and Chelsea will win though!

Sunderland vs Liverpool Preview: Black Cats' luck running out as relegation worries worsen

Relegation-threatened Sunderland have endured a terrible December without experiencing a single win and their next challenge is against Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool whose performances as of late can only be described as akin to Jekyll and Hyde. A loss for the home side could put them another step closer to the Championship and a defeat for the visitors could have a massive impact on Klopp's January transfer activity.

THE BET

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 4/5 with William Hill

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/sunderland-vs-liverpool-preview-black-cats-luck-running-out-as-relegation-worries-worsen-2015122802

Leicester bubble has burst, expect them to be bashed by City. Having a stronger squad with a shorter turnaround between games is what will hurt Leicester this evening, City are back to their best imo and though they beat a struggling bottom team that confidence will carry them well into this game and I feel the mental scars of Anfield will haunt Leicester this evening.

It isnt just one game, I think most of us in here are expecting that bubble to explode for some time, they have been brave and done extremely well to be top for the most part of this season, but commeth the hour, commeth the team, this is City's win.

I fear for Leicester. looked so tired against Everton and Liverpool, and Drinkwater has been a big loss. Andy King did not perform against Liverpool, and I feel he will be bullied by Toure if he starts today. Inler might be a better option to deal with Yaya, than King, so it could be a great opportunity for him to shine in this Leicester side. It could also be Kramarics time to shine, after showing some positive signs against Liverpool and with Vardy potentially out. Man city should be up for this one though, and their squad depth will show today.